First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given how god-awful the Bronco's automatic headlight sensor is, I'm glad I have the Base headlights. Since the base uses the low beams for DRL, it doesn't look like I am constantly flashing my headlamps 1000 times on the way to work every time I drive past a tree or streetlamp.

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given how god-awful the Bronco's automatic headlight sensor is, I'm glad I have the Base headlights. Since the base uses the low beams for DRL, it doesn't look like I am constantly flashing my headlamps 1000 times on the way to work every time I drive past a tree or streetlamp.
The base headlights are LED with out the Signature Lighting which is the circular LED on the outside of the headlights. The standard headlights (LED) will have auto headlights which can be switched to on and off like a regular headlight. Auto High Beam can be activated in the lighting section of you vehicle settings screen.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base headlights are LED with out the Signature Lighting which is the circular LED on the outside of the headlights. The standard headlights (LED) will have auto headlights which can be switched to on and off like a regular headlight. Auto High Beam can be activated in the lighting section of you vehicle settings screen.
No auto-high beams on the Base. Just the stupid strobing regular low beams that constantly turn on and off while driving to or from work. Turning on the DLR makes them less noticeable (or manually turning on or off the lows) . Nothing you can do about the dash constantly changing brightness though.

On the signature the LED ring is the DLR, so turning those on doesn't mask the constant on/off/on of you low beams.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No auto-high beams on the Base. Just the stupid strobing regular low beams that constantly turn on and off while driving to or from work. Turning on the DLR makes them less noticeable (or manually turning on or off the lows) . Nothing you can do about the dash constantly changing brightness though.

On the signature the LED ring is the DLR, so turning those on doesn't mask the constant on/off/on of you low beams.
My 21 base had auto high beams and they were so sensitive I turned them off after one night.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 21 base had auto high beams and they were so sensitive I turned them off after one night.
Well, if mine has them, I turned them off before I left the dealership. Same with the stupid hill hold.

But Ford's literature says it's part of the mid package.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Base has auto high beams. I don’t mind them, they are not near as sensitive as my wife’s Ranger.

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Instead of putting the headlights switch on the dash on the auto setting just turn them to the manual on or off. Auto High Beam is standard on all Broncos even Base. You probably have that disabled on your settings so it hasn't come on for you.

Ford Bronco BRONCO AND BRONCO SPORT - Things you need to check on YOUR ORDER auto high beams

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just turn off the auto high beams in settings but keep the good look of the signature lights. I don't get what the problem is? That being said I don't have this problem. I wish my auto high beams came on more often but it seems like it is so de-sensitive that house porch lights keep them from going auto lol

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Instead of putting the headlights switch on the dash on the auto setting just turn them to the manual on or off. Auto High Beam is standard on all Broncos even Base. You probably have that disabled on your settings so it hasn't come on for you.

Ford Bronco BRONCO AND BRONCO SPORT - Things you need to check on YOUR ORDER auto high beams
I have a 22, not a 23. In 21 and 22 Auto High Beam came with the mid package. Didn't realize it's on everything now.

The low beam sensor (and dash brightness) is on the dash, centered (pyramid looking thing). Where is the auto-highbeam sensor?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just turn off the auto high beams in settings but keep the good look of the signature lights. I don't get what the problem is? That being said I don't have this problem. I wish my auto high beams came on more often but it seems like it is so de-sensitive that house porch lights keep them from going auto lol
Auto high beams and auto low beams are sepparate. Auto highbeams (if equipped) are a setting in the infotainment system. Auto headlights are on by default every time you restart your car. So when you drive to work, every time you drive through the shadow of a tree, or streetlamp the low beams come on. Every 10-30 seconds on, off, on, off. At the same time the dash goes bright, dim, bright, dim, bright. Do you not have trees where you live?

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 22, not a 23. In 21 and 22 Auto High Beam came with the mid package. Didn't realize it's on everything now.

The low beam sensor (and dash brightness) is on the dash, centered (pyramid looking thing). Where is the auto-highbeam sensor?
I don't mean to argue but the auto high beam was standard on all Broncos in 21 and 22 as well. It's part of the CP 360 features.

Ford Bronco BRONCO AND BRONCO SPORT - Things you need to check on YOUR ORDER Screenshot_20230316_234818_Drive

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't mean to argue but the auto high beam was standard on all Broncos in 21 and 22 as well. It's part of the CP 360 features.

Ford Bronco BRONCO AND BRONCO SPORT - Things you need to check on YOUR ORDER Screenshot_20230316_234818_Drive
Hey man! I just realized you're the same Tim that does all the Youtube videos I watch. I really enjoy those and I appreciate you taking the time to do them. My Bronco has shipped so should be here soon. I asked my dealer to check Smart Vincent and make sure there were no surprises when I go to pick it up but haven't gotten a response. Two questions; can any dealer check on my private offers for me? Also, have you had to do a deal yet that had original price protection, 2023 price increase protection, and $2500 offer for dropping constrained commodity items yet and how did that work? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
FordVideoGuy

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey man! I just realized you're the same Tim that does all the Youtube videos I watch. I really enjoy those and I appreciate you taking the time to do them. My Bronco has shipped so should be here soon. I asked my dealer to check Smart Vincent and make sure there were no surprises when I go to pick it up but haven't gotten a response. Two questions; can any dealer check on my private offers for me? Also, have you had to do a deal yet that had original price protection, 2023 price increase protection, and $2500 offer for dropping constrained commodity items yet and how did that work? Thanks in advance!
Any dealer can look it up for you, you can PM your address, email address, and phone number and I can see if it is showing up.
Sponsored