mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the truck lock automatically? Sorry if I missed this. I in locked from inside house today and went out to get something. I thought doors would lock automatically after a period of time. Can someone explain how this works ?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no auto lock. Nothing will automatically lock after a period of time. You have to physically lock it with the fob or door lock switch.
The only auto lock the Bronco is capable of, is automatically locking the doors after you start driving.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no auto lock. Nothing will automatically lock after a period of time. You have to physically lock it with the fob or door lock switch.
The only auto lock the Bronco is capable of, is automatically locking the doors after you start driving.
And it's incapable of unlocking itself if the engine is running, even when you put it in park. I am reminded of that every time I pick up the kids from school... šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And it's incapable of unlocking itself if the engine is running, even when you put it in park. I am reminded of that every time I pick up the kids from school... šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I think thereā€™s a setting to change that. Itā€™s the inhibit locking or something similar that prevents from unlocking from inside. I guess some sort of child lock

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think thereā€™s a setting to change that. Itā€™s the inhibit locking or something similar that prevents from unlocking from inside. I guess some sort of child lock
Probably in Forscan, but I havenā€™t been able to find anything in the standard settings to change itā€¦?

Sponsored

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably in Forscan, but I havenā€™t been able to find anything in the standard settings to change itā€¦?
Wasnā€™t in forscan Iā€™ve seen it in the settings. Iā€™ll try to find it and send a pic.

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can open the door when I am in drive or reverse ( from inside / after doors auto lock ) . Came that way

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what I'm talking about is being able to open the doors from the outside.

When you come to a stop and put the vehicle in park with the engine running, the doors stay locked from the outside (even though I never locked them in the first place, the car did that). So when my kids walk up to the car and try to open the door, it's locked and I have to unlock it manually. Then, since I normally drive my truck, I have to remember where the hell the lock switches are. It gets me every time. I only drive the Bronco occasionally because it's my wife's DD, so even though both of our vehicles are Fords, and only 4 model years apart, everything is completely different from one to the other.

I would prefer a setting that if you put the thing in park, the doors will automatically unlock themselves, just as they locked themselves when I started moving...

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The car auto-locks once you are driving at about 7 miles an hour. Fortunately you can turn that off (unlike my wife's F-150).

It does not lock itself while parked. What an awful thought.

jarod7736

Badlands
First Name
Jarod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine will lock the drivers side door if the key is in the truck, and I get out. From what I can tell the passenger and rear doors don't lock. I've seen this happen on mine AND the Off Roadeo Bronco.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I double-checked the menu in the hopes that maybe there had been an OTA update I missed, and it's the same stuff.

There are several settings to ensure that you can get out of the Bronco from any seat, but no way to get into the passenger or rear seats if the engine is running without either opening the driver's door or unlocking with the buttons.

My wife reminded me that this happens dropping off the kids as well. She pulls up to the drive line and stops. Kid gets out of the front passenger seat and needs to get their backpack from the rear seat. They end up knocking on the rear window because the rear door is still locked, and you have to unlock it manually.

Now, this only takes a couple of seconds, so no big deal in the grand scheme of things, right? Of course not. But it's just annoying and 100% unnecessary, like so many other little quirks on the Bronco. And I'm sure it's all because of the damn lawyers...

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, I double-checked the menu in the hopes that maybe there had been an OTA update I missed, and it's the same stuff.

There are several settings to ensure that you can get out of the Bronco from any seat, but no way to get into the passenger or rear seats if the engine is running without either opening the driver's door or unlocking with the buttons.

My wife reminded me that this happens dropping off the kids as well. She pulls up to the drive line and stops. Kid gets out of the front passenger seat and needs to get their backpack from the rear seat. They end up knocking on the rear window because the rear door is still locked, and you have to unlock it manually.

Now, this only takes a couple of seconds, so no big deal in the grand scheme of things, right? Of course not. But it's just annoying and 100% unnecessary, like so many other little quirks on the Bronco. And I'm sure it's all because of the damn lawyers...
There may be another setting where the locks only unlock driver side and not others. Could worth a look outside of that idk. Sounds weird to be designed that way. I have a 2 door so canā€™t confirm about 4 door locks.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So what I'm talking about is being able to open the doors from the outside.

When you come to a stop and put the vehicle in park with the engine running, the doors stay locked from the outside (even though I never locked them in the first place, the car did that). So when my kids walk up to the car and try to open the door, it's locked and I have to unlock it manually. Then, since I normally drive my truck, I have to remember where the hell the lock switches are. It gets me every time. I only drive the Bronco occasionally because it's my wife's DD, so even though both of our vehicles are Fords, and only 4 model years apart, everything is completely different from one to the other.

I would prefer a setting that if you put the thing in park, the doors will automatically unlock themselves, just as they locked themselves when I started moving...
Yikes, I am glad that is not a setting. Doesn't sound very safe to me.
Sponsored