First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately: Hard top you can't just take a window off to break in to.

Perfect storm of circumstances against you sir.
All of my own doing unfortunately. But hey, a great opportunity to use myself as a training example!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know if you can remotely lock the bronco while itā€™s running with the keyfob? Iā€™m going to be ordering a base squatch so it wonā€™t have the proximity keyless entry

my 2020 Tacoma wonā€™t and its a huge annoyance. The work around is I have to roll down the window, get out, manually lock it using the interior lock switch, roll up the window using auto-up. Then I have to use the physical key to open the door to get back in. Super annoying when itā€™s 120 degrees to not be able to precool the vehicle with it locked
Yes šŸ’Æ% I do it all the time. No double honk either, but the end of Double Honk was all Forscan.

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yep. That's a fact.

Unfortunately, this is a story of my perfect storm of idiocy. I had hopped out of the Bronco earlier in the trip to take a picture of it at a plantation we'd stopped at. The Bronco, like my Raptor before it, blows the horn if you get out with the keys and the vehicle is still running, so I threw the fob in the tray.

Fortunately my Bronco does indeed have a keypad.
Unfortunately I locked the keys in it less than 24 hours after buying it by pressing the 7/9 keys on that very keypad out of habit at a convenience store in Southern Louisiana on the drive back to Virginia and forgetting that I had not programmed my personal code yet, and with the factory code still sealed in plastic in the glove box.

Fortunately, I had the FordPass app on my cellphone, and had activated the service that morning while my wife was in the shower.
Unfortunately, the phone was laying in the tray next to the key fob.

Fortunately, the kind clerk at the convenience store allowed me to borrow her phone to call the Ford Dealership a few miles away to get the factory code for my Bronco from their system.
Unfortunately, they would not give me the code over the phone, despite being able to verify every thread of purchase, registration, warranty information matching what I was telling her. She stated that I would actually have to be there, at the dealership, with my Bronco before they would do anything for me.

Fortunately, I was able to use the borrowed phone to call my sales rep (Allan at Doggett Ford, Houston TX) who happened to be working that day, to have him get my factory code from their service department, since, after all, I'd just bought my Bronco from them the day before and they knew me at this point.
Unfortunately their service department was closed by this time on a Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately Allan suggested that I download the FordPass App onto the borrowed phone, log in using my username and password, and then use FordPass to unlock my Bronco.
Unfortunately while the convenience store clerk was ok allowing me to use her
phone to talk, she did not have a good data plan and would not allow me to download the app

Fortunately Allan answered when I called back, and logged into the FordPass App on HIS phone with my username and password and unlocked my Bronco remotely.

See? There ARE happy endings to Bronco stories....

Huge shout out to A) the convenience store clerk Tanisha for allowing me to borrow her phone B) Allan for ultimately saving the day, and C) my wife Sam for not judging me (to my face at least)

1647713853284.png
Hilarious. Your story just made my day. I'm glad you were able to get back in the vehicle. And your Bronco looks badass.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hilarious. Your story just made my day. I'm glad you were able to get back in the vehicle. And your Bronco looks badass.
Thanks! That was the one hiccup in an otherwise outstanding road trip. I donā€™t mind using myself for training material as well!

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. That's a fact.

Unfortunately, this is a story of my perfect storm of idiocy. I had hopped out of the Bronco earlier in the trip to take a picture of it at a plantation we'd stopped at. The Bronco, like my Raptor before it, blows the horn if you get out with the keys and the vehicle is still running, so I threw the fob in the tray.

Unfortunately I locked the keys in it less than 24 hours after buying it by pressing the 7/9 keys on that very keypad out of habit at a convenience store in Southern Louisiana on the drive back to Virginia and forgetting that I had not programmed my personal code yet, and with the factory code still sealed in plastic in the glove box.

Fortunately, I had the FordPass app on my cellphone, and had activated the service that morning while my wife was in the shower.

Fortunately, the kind clerk at the convenience store allowed me to borrow her phone to call the Ford Dealership a few miles away to get the factory code for my Bronco from their system.
Unfortunately, they would not give me the code over the phone, despite being able to verify every thread of purchase, registration, warranty information matching what I was telling her. She stated that I would actually have to be there, at the dealership, with my Bronco before they would do anything for me.

Fortunately, I was able to use the borrowed phone to call my sales rep (Allan at Doggett Ford, Houston TX) who happened to be working that day, to have him get my factory code from their service department, since, after all, I'd just bought my Bronco from them the day before and they knew me at this point.
Unfortunately their service department was closed by this time on a Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately Allan suggested that I download the FordPass App onto the borrowed phone, log in using my username and password, and then use FordPass to unlock my Bronco.
phone to talk, she did not have a good data plan and would not allow me to download the app

Fortunately Allan answered when I called back, and logged into the FordPass App on HIS phone with my username and password and unlocked my Bronco remotely.

Huge shout out to A) the convenience store clerk Tanisha for allowing me to borrow her phone B) Allan for ultimately saving the day, and C) my wife Sam for not judging me (to my face at least)

1647713853284.png
soft top for the win! Cause you could have pulled the rear window out and got in.

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If only they made one for a two door!!!
They donā€™t? Sorry not up to speed on the 2 door as I have kids and was not dealing with that everyday lol.

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. That's a fact.

1647713853284.png
Just have to ask.... Where was your wife during all this and where was her phone?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just have to ask.... Where was your wife during all this and where was her phone?
Her phone was resting comfortably in the Bronco next to mine.

We had stopped for gas and as I was filling up she went into the convenience store to look for some drinks and snacks for the next leg of the trip. She knew that I was going to be joining her inside as soon as I was finished topping off the tank. As she headed inside she told me that she had left her purse in the Bronco and asked that I lock it up before going in to meet her. I instinctively hit the 7/9 button on the keypad to lock the doors as I had done for years on our Raptor, and as soon as I heard the click of the door locks, the earlier scenario of throwing the fob into the bin so the horn didn't blow when I hopped out to take a couple pictures replayed like a bad dream in my mind.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They donā€™t? Sorry not up to speed on the 2 door as I have kids and was not dealing with that everyday lol.
Bestop has one available aftermarket, but all the 2 Door Broncos come from the factory with the MIC hard top. When the weather stabilizes here and we're out of our normal "four seasons in seven days or your money back" spring weather patterns, the top is coming off anyway.
Sponsored