Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I’ve done the search here and in the Manual - no joy.
When going out fly fishing with substantial risk of getting wet, I’d like to be able to lock my Bronco with the blade (mechanical) key and not take the electrical fob with me. Any way to accomplish this?

…..and at some point I will get the keyless entry pad programmed, thank you very much.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't see why you couldn't just leave the electronic part of the key in the car and take just the blade with you.

If your worried about the car unlocking when someone grabs the handle because you left the fob inside, these systems are smart enough to know the fob is in the car and won't unlock from the outside.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have you tried the FordPass app? Lock and unlock.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't see why you couldn't just leave the electronic part of the key in the car and take just the blade with you.

If your worried about the car unlocking when someone grabs the handle because you left the fob inside, these systems are smart enough to know the fob is in the car and won't unlock from the outside.
You would think so but when I tested this by putting the fob in the rear cargo locker you can still walk up and unlock the rear. If I put it in the console and lock with the keypad (no doors)You can start the bronco and drive off. I have the locking drawer and the locking console. I’ll have to get a signal blocking bag because for kayaking, swimming or just hiking I also would like to leave the key locked inside without worry of it being able to start or unlock. Yes there should be a key cylinder under the cap on drivers door you pop off with the blade key. So you could put the blade key on a lanyard and keep it safe. The blade key also locks your console and glove box.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you tried the FordPass app? Lock and unlock.
Alright friends. Hoping you guys can help a sis out. I just got my bronco on Friday and we took it to Ohio Pyle which is a state park near us. I locked my keys in the bronco (using ford pass on my phone) and then when we came back my phone WOULD NOT unlock my car. Long story short I managed to slide one of the windows out and get in that way but I’m so confused. Why would that happen?
There may be issues

Post in thread 'Base Model Bronco Thread' https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-model-bronco-thread.1828/post-1431777

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You would think so but when I tested this by putting the fob in the rear cargo locker you can still walk up and unlock the rear. If I put it in the console and lock with the keypad (no doors)You can start the bronco and drive off. I have the locking drawer and the locking console. I’ll have to get a signal blocking bag because for kayaking, swimming or just hiking I also would like to leave the key locked inside without worry of it being able to start or unlock. Yes there should be a key cylinder under the cap on drivers door you pop off with the blade key. So you could put the blade key on a lanyard and keep it safe. The blade key also locks your console and glove box.
If my key is anywhere inside my Bronco, including the cargo area, it will not unlock when you grab a handle.

This is my 3rd Ford with intelligent access and none of them have ever unlocked with any outside handle when the key was anywhere inside.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If my key is anywhere inside my Bronco, including the cargo area, it will not unlock when you grab a handle.

This is my 3rd Ford with intelligent access and none of them have ever unlocked with any outside handle when the key was anywhere inside.
It won’t unlock the front door but I’m unlocks the tailgate when I the rear. I was kinda disappointed. My other fords when locked with the keypad wouldn’t let you start or unlock it with the fob inside. The keypad on the bronco basically acts like another fob. Maybe because when I tried I had the key near the rear gate. I did not try to put it way back in the drawer. I’m still good with it as I can lock the drawer and it won’t start with it back there.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It won’t unlock the front door but I’m unlocks the tailgate when I the rear. I was kinda disappointed. My other fords when locked with the keypad wouldn’t let you start or unlock it with the fob inside. The keypad on the bronco basically acts like another fob. Maybe because when I tried I had the key near the rear gate. I did not try to put it way back in the drawer. I’m still good with it as I can lock the drawer and it won’t start with it back there.
I tossed my key in the trunk and tried to unlock open the rear handle just now and it would not unlock.

Maybe you just had the key too close to the door like you said. I've never seen that happen though. Toss it further in and try again.

OP
OP
wrbix

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I’m just being obtuse, but tried as I might I couldn’t seem to get the doors to lock with the blade

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
put the fob in a ziplock bag and secure it in your pocket?

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention you don't want it wet, either.

Faraday pouch. $10.
Zuplock baggie inside your pocket with fob inside. $.0001

Don't overthink things like this.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I’m just being obtuse, but tried as I might I couldn’t seem to get the doors to lock with the blade
I tested it before I responded to make sure it was possible. Key all the way in and counter clockwise 🤷‍♂️

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have left the key on my seat in the garage before and locked the door. Wouldn’t open. Had to use the keypad to get in. Haven’t trie to start it. That would be the issue. When I leave the key behind, I have a pouch that blocks the signal.
Sponsored