First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you keep your keys in your Bronco, hide them in a faraday bag. The truck won't start. Perfect for camping or surfing, scuba, etc. I hid a wireless keypad in my gas door area just in case I need to do this. I keep a faraday bag in my center console for this. Then hide it when I use it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RSHRCSS/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_i_YM94X9HA7RMXR02JP232?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9870.jpg
Thanks for this tip. I was hoping there was a solution out there for this!
Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one of those bags and it works great. 2 questions, why put the key pad in gas cap? Why isn't yours body color? Mine was painted EG to match the body.
Color match is a model and year thing. The 2021 Badlands was just black.

I put the keypad in the gas door mainly because I often remove my doors and have the rear cargo enclosure. I can use it to lock the keys inside the cargo area in a faraday pouch. Then I don’t need any valuables on me. I just use the keypad.

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you keep your keys in your Bronco, hide them in a faraday bag. The truck won't start. Perfect for camping or surfing, scuba, etc. I hid a wireless keypad in my gas door area just in case I need to do this. I keep a faraday bag in my center console for this. Then hide it when I use it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RSHRCSS/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_i_YM94X9HA7RMXR02JP232?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9870.jpg
IDid you install it yourself or just move the keypad? Is it like 3M tape? I surf all the time and would like to move it to the gas cover as well. That's perfect.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Video link to video snip of how-to. Cliff-notes version....store keys in Bronco, exit Bronco, simultaneously press the 7-8 & 9-0 button on the keypad. Cheers!
Why on earth would ANYBODY need a video to show them how to do this? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's how I lock the key in my Bronco. There are lots of times when it's handy.

OP
OP
ChrisCozart

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yeah, that's how I lock the key in my Bronco. There are lots of times when it's handy.
The video visual isn’t as important as the audio behind it, which allows the visually impaired Bronco drivers to hear how to do this for the next time they need to use it. Now you know and knowing is half the battle! Go, Joe!

Last edited:

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
ChrisCozart

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Any place you may not have the ability or need to take keys with you: gym workout, playing rec sports - soccer, basketball…, any lady at an outing that doesn’t have pockets or purse, on a kayak with fear of losing them overboard, local swimming hole, beach, or any place where keys can’t be carried or left alone for someone else to pick up, hiking, jogging outside, mountain biking...

Last edited:

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the keypad and can appreciate it's usefulness but I don't trust having the key in the vehicle, even in a faraday pouch.

I thought about this for my use and what I came up with was remove the battery and hide the fob deep in the vehicle so it would be very difficult for a stranger to find. With the battery removed use the dead key fob procedure for starting the vehicle.

My other mild issue is the size and weight of the key fob. As is I don't like carrying keys so this chunk of plastic and metal is going to take some getting used to. My current vehicle has a small thin key that I don't mind carrying but it's one key and my house an office keys stay in the vehicle. I should really get combination door locks for them!

I backpack and the key fob is something I wish I didn't need to carry. I have a potential solution but I'll only know if it works after I get my bronco, hopefully only a few more weeks!

My big question is, how reliable is the keypad and how long do the batteries last? Do you need to have a spare battery handy in case it dies?

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The video visual isn’t as important as the audio behind it, which allows the visually impaired Bronco drivers to hear how to do this for the next time they need to use it. Now you know and knowing is half the battle! Go, Joe!
definitely keep an eye out for those visually impaired drivers. 🤣

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My big question is, how reliable is the keypad and how long do the batteries last? Do you need to have a spare battery handy in case it dies?
The keypad is 100% reliable until the battery finally dies. It will take years for the battery to wear out, even for those of us that always lock and unlock our Broncos using the keypad. Once it dies, you have to buy another one. Can't replace the battery in it.

bschack

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M550i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen in other threads that some farrady bags work and some just don't. Anyone who has one that's solid, can you let us know which one you bought that you're happy with and really keeps the car from starting with the key FOB right in there?

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use this one and it works great.

2 Pack Faraday Bags for Car Keys and Cell Phone, Signal Blocking Key Pouch, Anti Theft Car Protection, Cell Phone WiFi/GSM/LTE/NFC/RFID/Keyless Entry Fob Signal Blocking Pouch https://a.co/d/4fsPN4q

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand the keypad and can appreciate it's usefulness but I don't trust having the key in the vehicle, even in a faraday pouch.

I thought about this for my use and what I came up with was remove the battery and hide the fob deep in the vehicle so it would be very difficult for a stranger to find. With the battery removed use the dead key fob procedure for starting the vehicle.

My other mild issue is the size and weight of the key fob. As is I don't like carrying keys so this chunk of plastic and metal is going to take some getting used to. My current vehicle has a small thin key that I don't mind carrying but it's one key and my house an office keys stay in the vehicle. I should really get combination door locks for them!

I backpack and the key fob is something I wish I didn't need to carry. I have a potential solution but I'll only know if it works after I get my bronco, hopefully only a few more weeks!

Compared to other manufacturers, the Ford fob is unnecessarily gigantic. Why can't they come up with something similar size and as waterproof as an Airtag?
Sponsored