E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, New to this site, but have been "lurking" here for weeks and getting excited with all the leaks and discussions!

Does anyone have an idea where Ford will put the KeyPad? I know they have been moving them to the window frame on newer vehicles, but with not window frame on the Bronco, will they simply put in back by the door handle like my 2012 F-150? Will you be able to "pop" the rear swing door open with the KeyPad, like you can with a sedan with a trunk?

I also thought it would be a neat idea to have a KeyPad on the swing gate to open the back of the Bronco without going to the drivers door to unlock...
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, New to this site, but have been "lurking" here for weeks and getting excited with all the leaks and discussions!

Does anyone have an idea where Ford will put the KeyPad? I know they have been moving them to the window frame on newer vehicles, but with not window frame on the Bronco, will they simply put in back by the door handle like my 2012 F-150? Will you be able to "pop" the rear swing door open with the KeyPad, like you can with a sedan with a trunk?

I also thought it would be a neat idea to have a KeyPad on the swing gate to open the back of the Bronco without going to the drivers door to unlock...
I'm sorta hoping they put on the body somewhere.... I can only imagine how much trouble people would have getting into the vehicle when they lock it without the doors on... no doors, no pad..... now what?

You know there is someone out there who's now thinking... Holy Shit... how would I get in? :LOL: looking at you @Nickp (sorry had to pick on someone)

But seriously, never been a fan of keypads. Have enough pins and passwords to remember as it is.

Last edited:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

going to be fingerprint or facial recognition. That only works 1/2 the time or less, especially if you've been outside working/getting dirty.

(j/j)

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my KeyPad all the time, use the same code for my truck and wife's Explorer so its easy to remember.
I love being able to throw the keys in the center console or door pocket and lock the keys in.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ranger is right above the door hand. (But the Ranger is a “2013” model)
That’s where I imagine it will be.
I use it all the time in my grand marquis.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I for one hope it does not have a keypad.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my 250 for 8 years now, and never bothered with getting with Ford to reset the keypad, I have no idea what the code is, have never used it, nor has that ever bothered me. I don't even use the fob to lock/unlock it, so much so that my fob is at the house and I only have the key on me.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had my 250 for 8 years now, and never bothered with getting with Ford to reset the keypad, I have no idea what the code is, have never used it, nor has that ever bothered me. I don't even use the fob to lock/unlock it, so much so that my fob is at the house and I only have the key on me.
You can’t get the code reset. You have to replace the whole pad. Which is pricy.

I used the pad a lot when I would go to concerts. Leave my keys in the car. All I needed what my phone, money and ID.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t get the code reset. You have to replace the whole pad. Which is pricy.

I used the pad a lot when I would go to concerts. Leave my keys in the car. All I needed what my phone, money and ID.
you sure? I had asked about it and they said they could just reprogram it, it is a 2006.

reading up on it just now, seems that since I have 2 original factory keys, I can get the truck to display the factory code. may try that this weekend, would be nice to have the code since I plan to sell it soon.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
you sure? I had asked about it and they said they could just reprogram it, it is a 2006.

reading up on it just now, seems that since I have 2 original factory keys, I can get the truck to display the factory code. may try that this weekend, would be nice to have the code since I plan to sell it soon.
ah maybe that’s it. good old merc with all analog dash. My old one I didn’t have the code and was told it could t be programmed

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The keypad is one of the reasons I buy Fords. I can't count how many times I would be working around the house and just need to get in the truck or put the tailgate down without having to go in the house to retrieve my keys. Also works great at hunt camp.
Like the OP said, I program all my Fords to the same code.
Sponsored