Sponsored

Bronco KeyPad?

Deleted member 3063

You can’t get the code reset. You have to replace the whole pad. Which is pricy.
I used the pad a lot when I would go to concerts. Leave my keys in the car. All I needed what my phone, money and ID.
From the dealer, yes. About $60-70 as a replacement part.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you sure? I had asked about it and they said they could just reprogram it, it is a 2006.

reading up on it just now, seems that since I have 2 original factory keys, I can get the truck to display the factory code. may try that this weekend, would be nice to have the code since I plan to sell it soon.
Take a look under your dash on the passenger side to see if the code is hand written on the side of the heater box...... as that's where it's at on my 2007 Mercury Mariner. My was a 4 digit code that you'd add #3 last in the sequence to unlock the driver's door. Adding #4 will unlock the passenger doors.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd rather just have the proximity fob like every other manufacturer uses.
My SHO has both-and to be honest, outside of a dozen times over the past 7 years or so, I never use the keypad for anything else but to lock it if I don't have my keys on it.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a look under your dash on the passenger side to see if the code is hand written on the side of the heater box...... as that's where it's at on my 2007 Mercury Mariner. My was a 4 digit code that you'd add #3 last in the sequence to unlock the driver's door. Adding #4 will unlock the passenger doors.
Also check in the pouch with the owners manual, I think my ‘07 had a card or something in there with the factory code.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

working around the house and just need to get in the truck or put the tailgate down without having to go in the house to retrieve my keys
Am I the only person who puts their keys in their pocket as part of getting dressed and only removes the keys from their pocket to drive the vehicle (I don't have push button start on my 2011 Tundra) or as part of getting undressed for bed?

My dad is pretty bad about this. We'll be out in the yard working on something and we'll need a rope, or a zip tie, or some other thing, and he'll be like "I have one in my truck. Let me run in the house and get my keys."

"Don't worry, dad. I'll just grab one from my truck instead." Because my keys are in my pocket with me where they belong.

C'mon, people!

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only person who puts their keys in their pocket as part of getting dressed and only removes the keys from their pocket to drive the vehicle (I don't have push button start on my 2011 Tundra) or as part of getting undressed for bed?

My dad is pretty bad about this. We'll be out in the yard working on something and we'll need a rope, or a zip tie, or some other thing, and he'll be like "I have one in my truck. Let me run in the house and get my keys."

"Don't worry, dad. I'll just grab one from my truck instead." Because my keys are in my pocket with me where they belong.

C'mon, people!
I just never lock my truck, it's never an issue needing to get into it. I rarely lock it even when I am running errands and stop at the store or something. None of the cars are locked at my house.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

C'mon, people!
I follow @JimmyDean in regards to I almost never lock my Mustang, certainly not at home. So my keys are either in the ignition, in my pocket for a few minutes, or hanging on a hook at my desk or in my kitchen. Like yourself I've never had these fancy push button starts, back-up cams or anything like that.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I once slammed my ignition key in the tailgate of my GMC and bent it pretty badly - I was lucky to be able to bend it back (hammering it with a rock) enough without breaking it to be able to get it into the ignition. It was bent nearly 90*. The fob opened the door, but I didn't have a spare ignition key inside... lesson learned, and now there is a backup.

Some form of device-free entry is a bonus if you're going hiking, swimming, or anyplace you might lose/destroy the key and/or fob. I've never (not yet, anyways) lost my keys on an adventure, but it is nice to have to option of gaining access if it happened. Sure, you could hide a key, or install a lockbox. But a factory system adds convenience and security over those options. I don't trust the keypad on my old Excursion enough to lock the only set of keys in the truck, but I probably would on a new vehicle.

On motorcycle trips, I carry a spare key on a chain around my neck. Yes, I'm that OCD.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just never lock my truck, it's never an issue needing to get into it. I rarely lock it even when I am running errands and stop at the store or something. None of the cars are locked at my house.
That works, too, I suppose. Of course "never lock my vehicle" is why my boss had a Porsche stolen form him a few years ago.

And "never lock my vehicle at my house" is also why all of my bowling equipment got stolen out of a friend's car while it was sitting in his driveway late last year.

Now, my house is out in the middle of nowhere instead of being in the middle of the city, so I can technically get away with not locking my truck, but it's become habit to hit the button and lock it when I get out of it everywhere else, and that just carries on to home.

My old Sonoma was a different story. I pretty much never locked the driver's side door, and I pretty much never unlocked the passenger's side door. Manual locks + laziness.

I follow @JimmyDean in regards to I almost never lock my Mustang, certainly not at home. So my keys are either in the ignition, in my pocket for a few minutes, or hanging on a hook at my desk or in my kitchen. Like yourself I've never had these fancy push button starts, back-up cams or anything like that.
My dad has a little basket he keeps his keys, change, and wallet. Whenever he gets home, he just unloads his pockets into the basket. Whenever he needs to go somewhere, he has to reload his pockets.

It's amusing to me that the man who gave me a speech about always having shoes on so you can run out of the house in a moments notice if needed also insists on unloading his pocket litter as soon as he gets home.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That works, too, I suppose. Of course "never lock my vehicle" is why my boss had a Porsche stolen form him a few years ago.

And "never lock my vehicle at my house" is also why all of my bowling equipment got stolen out of a friend's car while it was sitting in his driveway late last year.

Now, my house is out in the middle of nowhere instead of being in the middle of the city, so I can technically get away with not locking my truck, but it's become habit to hit the button and lock it when I get out of it everywhere else, and that just carries on to home.

My old Sonoma was a different story. I pretty much never locked the driver's side door, and I pretty much never unlocked the passenger's side door. Manual locks + laziness.

My dad has a little basket he keeps his keys, change, and wallet. Whenever he gets home, he just unloads his pockets into the basket. Whenever he needs to go somewhere, he has to reload his pockets.

It's amusing to me that the man who gave me a speech about always having shoes on so you can run out of the house in a moments notice if needed also insists on unloading his pocket litter as soon as he gets home.
yeah, my truck though is a 2006 f-250 beat to shit and lifted. there's no stealing it unnoticed, and if they did they'd probably ditch it in half a mile with how bad she drives. I also live a bit out in the middle of nowhere, with cameras everywhere on my property.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My car has the codein 3 places.
On the trunk lid
On the trunk arm
In the glove box.
Just a little white sticker

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

C'mon, people!
You are probably not the only one but you are probably in the minority. I see no reason to keep my keys in my pocket for that rare and random need to get in my vehicle.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My keys (and other item) stay in the pants that I was wearing until I transfer them (and the other item) into the pants that I'm putting on next. This way if I need to exit quickly, just grabbing the pants that I was wearing is "basically" all that I need to grab. Just saying.....

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My keys (and other item) stay in the pants that I was wearing until I transfer them (and the other item) into the pants that I'm putting on next. This way if I need to exit quickly, just grabbing the pants that I was wearing is "basically" all that I need to grab. Just saying.....
My keys and wallet are right next to my door so I can grab them on my way out. If I'm in a hurry and not going out the front door I'm probably not taking the time to grab my pants if I'm not wearing them.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean I never lock my 06 f150 but the exhaust is loud enough it would wake whole neighborhood up plus it's almost always broken down anyway, but I should add I once accidentally lock my key in my truck with my dog inside, but my keypad buttons broke so still had to call someone.
Sponsored