Sponsored

Keyless Entry Keypad missing from 2024 Broncos?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i thought i read the key pad is still available but its a dealer installed item now? But how would they do this since they are color matched?
They will come color matched. I received a '23 this summer and the keypad's security code wasn't matched to the one installed. Dealer had to order a new one.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They will come color matched. I received a '23 this summer and the keypad's security code wasn't matched to the one installed. Dealer had to order a new one.
Are you sure they will come painted? Because just ordering one from the parts catalog they will not. I’d be surprised if Ford is painting every DIO keypad. I assumed paint would be up to the dealership to have done during install.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i thought i read the key pad is still available but its a dealer installed item now? But how would they do this since they are color matched?
OL Henry said "any color you want as long as it's black"

Well he never said that but the sentiment was true

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you sure they will come painted? Because just ordering one from the parts catalog they will not. I’d be surprised if Ford is painting every DIO keypad. I assumed paint would be up to the dealership to have done during install.
The keypad on my OBX from the factory was color matched (VB). For whatever reason, the paper with the security code didn't match the keypad on my Bronco. I had to submit it along with another item for warranty claim. They told me they would need to order a new one. I asked then to ensure it is color matched as I was unwilling to have the black MIC keypad. They said at the time that of course, they come color matched. They may have painted it or it came that way. But from all indications that they communicated to me is that is how it is ordered.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The keypad on my OBX from the factory was color matched (VB). For whatever reason, the paper with the security code didn't match the keypad on my Bronco. I had to submit it along with another item for warranty claim. They told me they would need to order a new one. I asked then to ensure it is color matched as I was unwilling to have the black MIC keypad. They said at the time that of course, they come color matched. They may have painted it or it came that way. But from all indications that they communicated to me is that is how it is ordered.
Interesting. I’ll have to look into this. Ford usually never sends anything already painted, but this could be an exception that I’m not aware of.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. I’ll have to look into this. Ford usually never sends anything already painted, but this could be an exception that I’m not aware of.
They might have painted it. But I've seen the black MIC keypad and it is textured whereas the color matched keypad is not. I doubt they took the time to sand the MIC keypad. I suppose there is a keypad that comes in primer.

My OBX was delivered in mid-May and I filed the warranty claim at the beginning of June. I also had some warranty work on the MIC top. Something to file away, but they indicated that they have seen a lot of 2-drs with the complaint that the passenger's B-pillar is a source of excess wind noise. They had to replace an inner trim piece and it is much quieter. My '22 Black Diamond I'm wanting them to take a look at, but I already doctored it up with the B6G collective weatherstripping solution. I have to strip off all the weatherstripping and then have them do what they did on my OBX.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They might have painted it. But I've seen the black MIC keypad and it is textured whereas the color matched keypad is not. I doubt they took the time to sand the MIC keypad. I suppose there is a keypad that comes in primer.

My OBX was delivered in mid-May and I filed the warranty claim at the beginning of June. I also had some warranty work on the MIC top. Something to file away, but they indicated that they have seen a lot of 2-drs with the complaint that the passenger's B-pillar is a source of excess wind noise. They had to replace an inner trim piece and it is much quieter. My '22 Black Diamond I'm wanting them to take a look at, but I already doctored it up with the B6G collective weatherstripping solution. I have to strip off all the weatherstripping and then have them do what they did on my OBX.
Some of the key pads that Ford sells include 2 covers. One black textured, and one primered ready for “paint to match” which is just what I was thinking. But like I said, they may have done this differently for Bronco.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t see the point of the keyless entry. You can lock, unlock, start, blow your horn and turn on your lights with the Ford app even on the base model. Why spend $110 on something that is attached with tape.
I can unlock my Bronco while naked with the keypad. It's great. I don't always have my phone or Fob on me.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stick on? Are you telling me this isn’t bolted to the door? Do the ones that come factory have to bolted on? This is very important as I’m having some for repaint work and I don’t want them guessing where the keypad was “stuck” when it’s put back on…
They are a wireless unit that adheres to a surface. No bolts. Some people put them on the gas tank door.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are a wireless unit that adheres to a surface. No bolts. Some people put them on the gas tank door.
Even if you have the keyless option on 2023 from the factory? That’s still a sticker?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can unlock my Bronco while naked with the keypad. It's great. I don't always have my phone or Fob on me.
I'm not going to ask how you punch in the numbers... :oops:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if you have the keyless option on 2023 from the factory? That’s still a sticker?
I've never taken one off, but frankly I don't see why they'd bolt it on at the factory when they're all the same wireless unit. YMMV.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a retired Mechanical Engineer (NOT an Electrical Engineer), I would think the area between the gas tank nozzle seal and the vehicle exterior filler door, would have a hazardous area classification as Class I Division II in accordance with NFPA 70E. As such, any electrical device installed within that area would need to be intrinsically safe and certified for installation in a Class I Group II area.

I would be pretty sure the keypad is intrinsically safe (non-sparking). Perhaps NFPA 70E is not applicable to DOT(?) regulated vehicles.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never taken one off, but frankly I don't see why they'd bolt it on at the factory when they're all the same wireless unit. YMMV.
[/QUOTE

I’d love if someone could verify that stock from the factory color matched keyless entry systems are simply a sticker on the door.

I ask because I’m having paint work done on that door, and I don’t want to have the key was taken off and not be able to go back on exactly as it was before.

If it’s truly is just a sticker on the door, this may change my whole concept of even trying to get the door painted

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ask because I’m having paint work done on that door, and I don’t want to have the key was taken off and not be able to go back on exactly as it was before.

If it’s truly is just a sticker on the door, this may change my whole concept of even trying to get the door painted
I think you should ask your dealer to confirm. I don't believe any of them are bolted on, but what do I know.
Sponsored