Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah i love the feature and have had it on most of my Fords. That said when I finally placed my order it was accidentally left off. Can this be added as an accessory after the fact ?
It can be ordered after the fact. I have it because I don’t want my keys with me when camping, skiing, diving, cycling, etc. The area where we sometimes camp 200 miles north of our home along the Canadian border have zero cell coverage so using the Fordpass app is not an option.

It took me just a few minutes to remove it, apply new double side tape, and mount it under the gas cap.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah i love the feature and have had it on most of my Fords. That said when I finally placed my order it was accidentally left off. Can this be added as an accessory after the fact ?
You can install it after the fact, because that's exactly how Ford does it. In fact, it's preferable to do it yourself, and put it where you want it (not add a lump on your door). There still seems to be a perception that this is properly integrated in the vehicle design, using vehicle battery power, like past Ford vehicles. It is not. It's just a stick-on remote, essentially, whose battery will die at some point.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So key in the faraday pouch your bronco still starts occasionally? Sounds too risky.
Not sure what I was trying to say. It wont start with the key in the faraday pouch.

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had this on my F150, F250 and now my Bronco. I never take a key, just use the keypad. Lobe it.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I’m diving I lock all my stuff in the rig. This works perfect for that. I wrap the FOB in aluminum foil or put in a faraday pouch. I put the pad on the back door as I feel that’s most convenient and didn’t want to risk spilling gas on it if it was inside the gas door. Programming is easy with an IDS/FDRS (want to try with Forscan but my daughter had my Surface Pro and can’t do with my Macs). It took longer to find the insructions than to install.
I have the pdf on that if anyone wants. You can’t do the key cycle method anymore.
I also keep a blade key on my BCD just in case something goes wrong.
It works great. There is one for vehicles with remote start ( like mine) and another without.

32696880-FE90-4160-91E4-BE54E5A2B260.jpeg

EFB3BD75-6C74-40CC-B226-F4B2C858F024.jpeg

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have this in my '18 Raptor and it's great. Provides access for friends if they arrive back to truck b4 me, can easily unlock 1 or 4 doors, lower tailgate, lock doors/activate alarm, etc. Was part of the Raptor 802a "lUX" pkg. Didn't think I'd ever use it but do all the time now. Especially when working in the garage, key in house, I can easily access the Raptor w/o going inside for the key. Didn't realize the Bronco's is just stick on, though. Did include with my order and hoping it comes in body color on my OBX, if not likely look to relocate elsewhere.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You'd think by now they'd have it integrated into the door or B pillar? Personally I think they're ugly AF and look cheap! But if the Bronco has a fuel door like the Ranger you can stick it on the inside of that. Here's one on the Ranger mounted inside the fuel door.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? EFB3BD75-6C74-40CC-B226-F4B2C858F024
Yes. That is where I placed mine.

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Added it just-in-case. If I’m in a remote area and left my keys inside the vehicle, it solves the problem.

Big daddy bk

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use it for family members to gain access when I am not around.Plan on putting it on gas door though
Sponsored