Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is locking keys in the car (using the Keyless Entry Keypad) the dumbest thing you can do with a soft top? I'm not sure people's general thoughts on this; I feel like it can be an easy target for theft.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is locking keys in the car (using the Keyless Entry Keypad) the dumbest thing you can do with a soft top? I'm not sure people's general thoughts on this; I feel like it can be an easy target for theft.
The key is deactivated when you use the keypad. Won't work again until door is unlocked with PIN.

If you leave the key in the open, it gives them a reason though. Leave it out of sight and you're fine.

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The key is deactivated when you use the keypad. Won't work again until door is unlocked with PIN.

If you leave the key in the open, it gives them a reason though. Leave it out of sight and you're fine.
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out the answer to this. I want to be able to use the keypad with the soft top DOWN (with key fob locked in center console lock box). I've got two surfers in the family.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! I've been trying to figure out the answer to this. I want to be able to use the keypad with the soft top DOWN (with key fob locked in center console lock box). I've got two surfers in the family.
That's exactly what it's for. Secure your keys somewhere inside the vehicle, lock with the keypad and off you go.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Locking a soft top vehicle is the dumbest thing someone could do. You would rather someone open the door vs slash your top. Although, there are idiots who will slash the top before checking the doors lol.

didnt see you part about the top being down though.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Locking a vehicle is never a bad idea. Some thieves in our neighborhood pulled door handles and took stuff. They never cut a soft top and we had like 10 Jeep’s in driveways.

The keypads are double sticky taped on the door. Move it anywhere ya want. Hide it like I did. Put mine inside the gas lid.
Sponsored