Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have it and like it. I give the code to other runners and hikers,family members in case they get back early or forget something. At over 300.00 a keypad it is not getting lost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not getting it but I've read others are so that they can lock their keys in their car. Honestly not sure if this is even possible to do. My vehicle is a 2011 and even back then if it sensed my keys IN the car, it wouldn't lock. A safety feature so that you don't lock your keys in. Saved my hide a few times tbh in these past ten years

It works by you saving a code and then you use the code to enter your car
It's possible trust me. Did it at a convenience store in Southern Louisiana on our drive back to VA less than 24 hours after picking my Bronco up at the dealership. Hadn't programmed my personal code in it yet either and the factory code was still sealed in plastic in the glove box. Phones next to the key fob in the tray. Perfect storm of my idiocy.

I've had them on all my vehicles when possible. If I'm hiking, hunting, out on the boat, etc. I don't want to take my keys with me, so they stay in the vehicle. Was a habit hopping out and pressing the 7&9 button together to lock the doors....

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With intelligent access and push button start you cannot lock the vehicle with the key inside.
Lol. You can with this one... ask me how I know!

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whoā€™s adding this to their build and why

How r they used anyways

25DC5BA7-086C-4432-9713-03CE1C777BBD.jpeg
I have had this option since 2002. Love it. Imagine you are in your garage, keys in house and suddenly you realize... oops my package is in the car...
Or a friend needs to pick something up. They know or you supply the code..... they pick up and lock up again. You can send the kids to get stuff from the locked car... no chance they will then put the keys in their pocket and go skiing, or put them in some crazy place. All neat and tidy.
If you leave your keys in you must press the last 2 numbers of the pad to lock up. It will refuse at first and may even beep at you but it will lock the 2-4th time. This is not recommended but is handy sometimes. I would not do it downtown in a city. I leave nothing of value in my car and as that is my 2005 Sport trac Adrenaline was entered and everything thrown around when they looked for valuables.... haha... I think they got $0.35!! I don't think it was locked because I never locked up THEN. When I got in in the morning my first thought was .... my,I am a pig... look at the mess in here lol.
I admit that it is not as useful now that you just have to have your keys in your pocket or purse but I still want it, at least for a few more years.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not reading 20 pages of comments but my reason is Ive had it before on previous F150s. I loved it cause I could leave my truck running with the ac on and just lock the door if I ran in a store real quick especially if my dog is with me. I used to have a jet ski and it was nice cause I could leave my keys and everything locked up.

Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Full honesty. I have always hated this feature. It is always in the worst places on Ford motor co. Cars and trucks. It sticks out like a sore thimb. Then I found out it can be moved and placed anywhere on the vehicle. You can leave your keys and go on a hike or run. I am totally in now!

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine did not come with it. I added it after purchase. But guys have been taking fishing line and carefully cutting the two sided tape. Use 3m double sided automotive tape when re installing.
Thanks a lot!

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also not reading 20 pages of comments.

Using this for the intention of going surfing and obviously will not bring keys with me. Can someone who has this on a Bronco explain to me how easy it is to remove the remote since they are not built in the door?

My concern is someone just coming by and popping it off, hoping that these are effective since some of the beaches I go to have HIGH break ins (not an assumption, its happened to me)

Also since its a sensor fob how does that car block it? I have a subaru that when I lock the key in the car I need a special zipper case ANDDDDD have to wrap it in foil just to block the sensor. Does using the keyless entry shut off the sensor? Thank you.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Had it on my Sport, never used it, was integrated into the B pillar. Have it on my big Bronco OBX, it came on the truck and is painted to match body color like the fender flares and door handles, will probably not use it.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also not reading 20 pages of comments.

Using this for the intention of going surfing and obviously will not bring keys with me. Can someone who has this on a Bronco explain to me how easy it is to remove the remote since they are not built in the door?

My concern is someone just coming by and popping it off, hoping that these are effective since some of the beaches I go to have HIGH break ins (not an assumption, its happened to me)

Also since its a sensor fob how does that car block it? I have a subaru that when I lock the key in the car I need a special zipper case ANDDDDD have to wrap it in foil just to block the sensor. Does using the keyless entry shut off the sensor? Thank you.
Itā€™s not going to just pop off. If someone takes a knife and prys behind it probably.
oddly testing mine last night with the key in the console it would not unlock by touching the handle. But the tailgate still didšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Ive got the console safe thing so I was hoping to lock keys in there if the top is off doors off. And hit the lock on keypad. Well it still starts this way because guess where the key fob backup spot is?? Yup bottom of the console instead of the cup holders like some other fords.
toying with ideas on how To line the console.
I then thought well what if I lock the keys in the back locker drawer. The car doesnā€™t start this wayšŸ‘ But the rear gate still unlocks šŸ¤¦. Doors on tho u can lock the keys in the console and the bronco does not sense the fob from the outside. So it still almost works.
I also donā€™t fully understand why I have a key code by my fuse box bit I didnā€™t have a keypad from the factory.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted it so that I can lock the keys inside and jump in the river.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s not going to just pop off. If someone takes a knife and prys behind it probably.
oddly testing mine last night with the key in the console it would not unlock by touching the handle. But the tailgate still didšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Ive got the console safe thing so I was hoping to lock keys in there if the top is off doors off. And hit the lock on keypad. Well it still starts this way because guess where the key fob backup spot is?? Yup bottom of the console instead of the cup holders like some other fords.
toying with ideas on how To line the console.
I then thought well what if I lock the keys in the back locker drawer. The car doesnā€™t start this wayšŸ‘ But the rear gate still unlocks šŸ¤¦. Doors on tho u can lock the keys in the console and the bronco does not sense the fob from the outside. So it still almost works.
I also donā€™t fully understand why I have a key code by my fuse box bit I didnā€™t have a keypad from the factory.
Keys in Faraday pouch. Wonā€™t work. Then use code to let yourself in.

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$92 after the 20% discount code, another $90 for programming (used my points for that).

Now when in the woods, at the beach etc. Lock the fob (in a faraday pouch) in a Lifepod safe in the cargo area (with OEM Secure Cargo Enclosure) and no worries about losing the fob.

One of my hiking partners today lost a small FRS type radio, it can happen. Cheap peace of mind.

Put mine on the ā€œBā€ pillar as well, The one I had put inside fuel door on the Ranger didnā€™t last well there.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have keypads on two of my three Fords. I reprogrammed both of them to have the same number, which is not the number it was born with. It's nice to be able to just leave the keys in the car as needed.

On the Escape, you don't have to do anything special to lock the keys inside. Just hit the lock button and shut the door. On the Bronco, you shut the door, then push the two buttons on the right at the same time and it locks. I always verify by pulling the handle afterwards.

To me it's worth the $110 extra that I payed to have the option.
Sponsored