Sponsored

How to add a Keyless Entry - The Supereasy Edition.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Without any dicking around from the dealer, order the following:

Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-A (FOR BRONCO WITHOUT REMOTE START)
Keyless Entry Keypad KB3Z-14A626-B (FOR BRONCO WITH REMOTE START)

J2534 Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Nano-Ford-Mazda-V100/dp/B01EFWPAN0

VXDiag Software:
http://www.vxdiag.net/managecenter/download/vxdiag.zip

And the Ford FDRS Software:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/diagnostic/Support?channelId=51&categoryId=304

And it is super easy to do with FDRS Software from Ford's website. You need to get a 2 day license for the software ($50).

You will need the Keyless Entry Pad, internet access, the FDRS license, a Ford login account, and Internet access in order to install the Keyless Entry. NOTE: When you buy the license it doesn't make your account... or it did not for me. So that was an extra step. (I actually installed all the FDRS,FJDS, IDS, and VCI software)

I installed the license in FJDS only to find out that FJDS doesn't work on the Bronco.

After intalling the FDRS software , the VXDiag Software, and the J2534 Adapter;
Start the FDRS software.
Open FDRS, log into your account using FDRS
Look for the Keyless Entry Programming section and download that routine from the net.
Make sure the vehicle is off, and start the module, follow the instructions.
Power on vehicle when prompted.
Enter the six digit serial number when prompted.
Test the Keyless Entry Lock when prompted.
Turn off the vehicle when prompted.
Test the entry code.
Program your new personal code if desired.
Test your personal entry code
press 7-8/9-0 to lock your vehicle.

You are done.

It was really quite easy! Hope that helps anyone who wants to tackle this.

Here is a video on FDRS keypad programming:

It works that easy!
Sponsored

Last edited:

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer charged $90 to program, another one quoted $300-$400 but I don’t think she understood what I was asking for.

TullyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang, 02 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer charged $90 to program, another one quoted $300-$400 but I don’t think she understood what I was asking for.
I didn’t get the keyless entry with my order but my dealer said they would do it for something like $100. I guess if you were quoted something ridiculous this would be a fun project to do!

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great write up, but why would you spend that much money to do it on your own? Does the dealer charge that much for installation?
Because I will be able to help others out for less. Plus, I want the ability to reprogram ECU's and other modules.

As I will likely do this in retirement for people who need custom reprogramming in order to do things like swapping steering racks or enabling front lockers on Broncos that didn't come with the front locker but now need them to be enabled, etc.

Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats a good write
My dealer charged 190
I would have gone your route instead

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because I will be able to help others out for less. Plus, I want the ability to reprogram ECU's and other modules.

As I will likely do this in retirement for people who need custom reprogramming in order to do things like swapping steering racks or enabling front lockers on Broncos that didn't come with the front locker but now need them to be enabled, etc.
You're doing God's work, my friend.

Hell yeah

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t get the keyless entry with my order but my dealer said they would do it for something like $100. I guess if you were quoted something ridiculous this would be a fun project to do!
My dealer not only wants an egregious amount to do any sort of programming, but is so backed up on the service side of things...it would take weeks for them to spend all of 20 minutes with my vehicle.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to mention I'm met with a hefty amount of skepticism every time I specifically ask for anything.

"You want a calibration for what now? An accessory? Did we install it? No? Not sure we can do that, then."

My kingdom for a service advisor who can recognize when someone isn't completely ignorant about their vehicle.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to mention I'm met with a hefty amount of skepticism every time I specifically ask for anything.

"You want a calibration for what now? An accessory? Did we install it? No? Not sure we can do that, then."

My kingdom for a service advisor who can recognize when someone isn't completely ignorant about their vehicle.
Exactly!

Also, I do know that this really does open up a lot of possibilities with regards to what can be done with the Bronco that FORSCAN simply cannot do yet. There are likely all sorts of calibrations and features that you can likely enable if you really want to dig deep. J2534 is like OBD-II on steroids.

Sponsored

SAVEUP

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Where in TX are you located? I don't have my Bronco yet, but it is in production. I have purchased and received the Keypad. I may need some help getting it programmed to the vehicle. I am in the DFW Metro.

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am usually in either Corpus Christi or San Angelo, but let me know when you are ready, maybe we can meet up sometime.

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I picked up my Bronco there was a keyless entry code on a card included in the paperwork. My truck did not come with the keypad, Can I just buy the keypad and will that code work??

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I picked up my Bronco there was a keyless entry code on a card included in the paperwork. My truck did not come with the keypad, Can I just buy the keypad and will that code work??
I would have to look that one up...
The answer is maybe.

Watch this video. I believe that they may have an answer for you.

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the dealer add the keypad to my Bronco, they wanted $135 for the keypad and installation. Normally I would do things like this myself, I've messed around with Forscan on my Bronco and Maverick, added NAV to my Maverick but I thought for $135 let them do it.
Sponsored