Sponsored

Keyless Entry Keypad missing from 2024 Broncos?

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although I think it sounds bonkers, some folks keep the fob inside the car and lock/unlock with the keypad.
It might even attract thieves willing to smash your window to find out if the fob is in the vehicle.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It might even attract thieves willing to smash your window to find out if the fob is in the vehicle.
I guess that’s why so many ford vehicles are surrounded by broken glass ;)

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm, interesting. I assume you mean it's not in the '24 accessory options in Build and Price?

Ford Accessories is still selling it. It's really just a stick-on wireless unit, I would think it'd still work, you'd just have to buy it separately. Although this is Ford, maybe it's out of stock for the next few months or something... :whistle:

Edit: "Orders for this product could take up to 14 days for fulfillment." :rolleyes:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...pad-for-vehicles-without-factory-remote-start
https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start
I installed mine on the inside of fuel door, works great.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see the point of the keyless entry. You can lock, unlock, start, blow your horn and turn on your lights with the Ford app even on the base model. Why spend $110 on something that is attached with tape.
I though the same thing, but when I bought my F350 it had the keyless entry pad - not sure if those are just stuck on or not - but I really miss it on the Bronco. When we were at home or traveling it was handy if you needed to to unlock the doors but did not have your FOB or phone with you. Even more so when your wife needed it unlocked and she didn't have to ask you to unlock it!

You can lock and unlock wit the keypad.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm..now we are reaching.

Sponsored

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One down side to the wireless version, is a thief could scan the signal from the keypad and unlock the Bronco.

Much like scanning for garage door or FOB signals.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had multiple occasions when the ford app wouldn’t start and/or unlock the bronco. If it wasn’t for the keypad on the inner fuel door I may still be locked out lol.

The FOB in a faraday bag hidden inside while hiking, biking, or in the water is a huge benefit of the keypad imo.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hmm, interesting. I assume you mean it's not in the '24 accessory options in Build and Price?

Ford Accessories is still selling it. It's really just a stick-on wireless unit, I would think it'd still work, you'd just have to buy it separately. Although this is Ford, maybe it's out of stock for the next few months or something... :whistle:

Edit: "Orders for this product could take up to 14 days for fulfillment." :rolleyes:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...pad-for-vehicles-without-factory-remote-start
https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start
Did you notice that https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start no longer mentions Bronco? (only Bronco Sport) 🤔
I'm sure it can still be installed but does make me wonder.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you notice that https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start no longer mentions Bronco? (only Bronco Sport) 🤔
I'm sure it can still be installed but does make me wonder.
Yes, it's hard to tell so far if this means MY24 doesn't support the SecuriCode system Ford uses for this type of remote access. I've read here or there (but can't reference anything) that Ford may be dropping SecuriCode going forward, but we won't know anything definitively until MY24s are in owners hands.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you send link to the dash cams please?

I would chalk the missing key pads up to the Rockstars doing their Rockstar thing.

As far as...

I ordered 2 dash cams that had the same message and they were delivered to the dealer within 2 days.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I traveled a lot (think 240 days a year) my wife traveled a lot also. I would leave my Explorer at the Airport parking with the key under the mat. My wife would fly in go the parking lot open the door with the keypad and drive home. That way we would only have to pay parking for a few days. If she had to leave before I got back she would leave the key under the mat at the parking lot. When I got back I would use the keypad to get in and drive home. After we both stopped traveling so much, the key pad wasn't needed as often. Now I have it on my F150 and Escape, but don't have them programed to any number I remember.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand, the keypad must be used to unlock the vehicle or the alarm will set off and it will not start!

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i thought i read the key pad is still available but its a dealer installed item now? But how would they do this since they are color matched?

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

stick on? Are you telling me this isn’t bolted to the door? Do the ones that come factory have to bolted on? This is very important as I’m having some for repaint work and I don’t want them guessing where the keypad was “stuck” when it’s put back on…
Sponsored