Sponsored

Keyless Entry Keypad missing from 2024 Broncos?

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems they got rid of keyless entry pads? They could have kept it for people who still want it.... wonder why they got rid of it... maybe not in high enough demand...
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, interesting. I assume you mean it's not in the '24 accessory options in Build and Price?

Ford Accessories is still selling it. It's really just a stick-on wireless unit, I would think it'd still work, you'd just have to buy it separately. Although this is Ford, maybe it's out of stock for the next few months or something... :whistle:

Edit: "Orders for this product could take up to 14 days for fulfillment." :rolleyes:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...pad-for-vehicles-without-factory-remote-start
https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmm, interesting. I assume you mean it's not in the '24 accessory options in Build and Price?

Ford Accessories is still selling it. It's really just a stick-on wireless unit, I would think it'd still work, you'd just have to buy it separately. Although this is Ford, maybe it's out of stock for the next few months or something... :whistle:

Edit: "Orders for this product could take up to 14 days for fulfillment." :rolleyes:

https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...pad-for-vehicles-without-factory-remote-start
https://accessories.ford.com/FordUS...keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start

Interesting, I see thanks! When I went to Ford website this morning to build the Bronco I noticed the keyless entry pad thing no longer seems to be included there... so I was wondering if they had gotten rid of it. I didn't realize it's so easy to add it afterwards (y)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would chalk the missing key pads up to the Rockstars doing their Rockstar thing.

As far as...

Edit: "Orders for this product could take up to 14 days for fulfillment."
I ordered 2 dash cams that had the same message and they were delivered to the dealer within 2 days.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I see thanks! When I went to Ford website this morning to build the Bronco I noticed the keyless entry pad thing no longer seems to be included there... so I was wondering if they had gotten rid of it. I didn't realize it's so easy to add it afterwards (y)
Ford's supply chain seems to be more voodoo and black magic than logistics and obvious sense.

But yeah, I thought it was wired through the door or something. It's just a number pad with a wireless unit and double sided tape. Some people put it on their gas cap, for instance. Technology!

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered 2 dash cams that had the same message and they were delivered to the dealer within 2 days.
Roots around in the couch cushions.

"Yeah, we got those parts! Ship it!" 😁

OP
OP
tropical2020

tropical2020

First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford's supply chain seems to be more voodoo and black magic than logistics and obvious sense.

But yeah, I thought it was wired through the door or something. It's just a number pad with a wireless unit and double sided tape. Some people put it on their gas cap, for instance. Technology!
Yeah LOL. I didn't realize it's just a sticker basically 🙉

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

built several on line this morning. keyless entry keypad doesn't show up anywhere. I also see no option for the full time 4wd with 4A. All that's listed is part time 4wd.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know if there is a third party keypad option? Maybe something smaller and more modern looking, perhaps even a fingerprint scanner version?

I'm liking the fingerprint scanning door lock I recently installed on my house door, and it cost under $50.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if there is a third party keypad option? Maybe something smaller and more modern looking, perhaps even a fingerprint scanner version?

I'm liking the fingerprint scanning door lock I recently installed on my house door, and it cost under $50.
That would be cool. Y'know what would be awesome is a ring that functions like the remote keyless entry and maybe even allow you to start as well. Probably the need to keep it powered would make it unreliable, but that would be awesome. I guess I've not considered if these keypads need batteries.

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the keypad is 110.00 at your dealer. tech programs it to your car. I took it off my 2021 and stuck it in the gas door. Then I transferred it to my 23 two door. I'm now transferring it to the 23 four door I have ordered.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the keypad is 110.00 at your dealer. tech programs it to your car. I took it off my 2021 and stuck it in the gas door. Then I transferred it to my 23 two door. I'm now transferring it to the 23 four door I have ordered.
Good to know. Is the Ford keypad something the user can program, or does it require paying the service center to do it? Recently I bought an extra key fob and was able to program it at home which was convenient and low cost just my time.

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t see the point of the keyless entry. You can lock, unlock, start, blow your horn and turn on your lights with the Ford app even on the base model. Why spend $110 on something that is attached with tape.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see the point of the keyless entry. You can lock, unlock, start, blow your horn and turn on your lights with the Ford app even on the base model. Why spend $110 on something that is attached with tape.
Although I think it sounds bonkers, some folks keep the fob inside the car and lock/unlock with the keypad.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phones get lost, Ford pass relies on a connection, the FOB isn’t in your pocket when entry is desired. The key pad‘s only requirement is for one to have a functioning ability to remember a code. It provides another way to achieve access to the vehicle. Just another back up for those who live by the motto “ always ready”.
Sponsored