First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited 2015 Ford f150 3.5 E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably will have proximity locks or use the new phone as key option like on 2020 Aviators and Explorers.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd rather just have the proximity fob like every other manufacturer uses.

The one on the Tacoma is great.
I'm sure it'll have the proximity key - but Fords have both the proximity key and the keypad.

It's possible they could embed it in to the B pillar trim hidden style like they have on most of the lineup.

Another possibility is it doesn't have it, and goes exclusively with the phone/FordPass option (this works the same in that you click lock/unlock/start on the phone and it opens it).

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it has the keypad feature. It has saved my bacon more than a few times, plus I like being able to get into the truck when I'm outside working around the house. Also, it is really handy when you go to the river to fish or lake to swim... I just lock the keys inside, then don't have to worry about your fobs getting lost/wet.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only person who puts their keys in their pocket as part of getting dressed and only removes the keys from their pocket to drive the vehicle (I don't have push button start on my 2011 Tundra) or as part of getting undressed for bed?

My dad is pretty bad about this. We'll be out in the yard working on something and we'll need a rope, or a zip tie, or some other thing, and he'll be like "I have one in my truck. Let me run in the house and get my keys."

"Don't worry, dad. I'll just grab one from my truck instead." Because my keys are in my pocket with me where they belong.

C'mon, people!
Keys, wallet, knife, phone counter clockwise in that order starting from my left pocket like a normal person! Lol but yeah the only time i dont have all that is when i go swimming and then its all where i can see it.

connor'sdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 1995 EB bronco and 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it's my 2nd favorite option on my F 150, so i hope we get it!

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only want it if it’s the invisible kind:

Yeah, I'm hoping it's the invisible one too - the only reason the trucks still use the buttons is because workers like them because they work with gloves. I've wondered why they couldn't do an embedded black glossy plastic button - essentially take the invisible version and cut it up into buttons so that you still have a more hidden look, with the functionality of buttons (so you don't have to see the big keys on the trucks).
Sponsored