First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the keypad doesn’t work like in the trucks where you can just press the last two buttons to lock the key inside without a faraday cage?
It will, but if the fob is inside you can just touch the handle and it unlocks. That’s how I discovered I was putting it in the wrong pouch.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can lock my key in just by using the exterior door handle button and the fob in the console/cupholder and even sitting on the dash switches. My phone is the only way to unlock it if I do that. Touching the handle with the fob in the console/center of the Bronco does nothing. The rear door "medicine cabinet" is right next to the handle, which has a sensor in it.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the keypad doesn’t work like in the trucks where you can just press the last two buttons to lock the key inside without a faraday cage?
My keypad works exactly that way. And that is the ONLY way I can lock the fob inside.

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found that there is enough room between the tailgate opening and where it closes on the main body to stash a fob, so my plan is to rivet a faraday pouch there and maybe a piece of metal above so miscreants can't snake it out, not that you can see it.
Another idea is to pop out the plastic louvre on the inside of the tail gate, and use replace studs or velcro to keep it in place. There's a nice cubby in there to store all sorts of stuff, like extra cash, a credit card, a burner phone, and your protected fob. I'm looking for a small lockbox I can attach in there securely for a locked, out-of-sight firearm.

Here's a little extra anti-theft anti-hijacking protection for you MT purists:
Ford Bronco Lock your FOB/Key in your Bronco 1711255523694-sm

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lock my 2nd key in the bronco and when I walk up without a key it will not unlock. So I am not sure what the bag will do, but I guess it is cheap insurance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc’n Bronco

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure why mine is different. I now put the FOB in the bag and then the console safe. If I just put the FOB in the Bronco and press the last two buttons it locks, but will just unlock when I put my hand on the back handle. 🤷‍♂️
I lock my 2nd key in the bronco and when I walk up without a key it will not unlock. So I am not sure what the bag will do, but I guess it is cheap insurance.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My keypad works exactly that way. And that is the ONLY way I can lock the fob inside.
I leave my key in my Bronco in a Faraday bag. I just lock the door from the door lock on the door and shut the door. It stays locked. Then I unlock the door with the keyless keypad.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why mine is different. I now put the FOB in the bag and then the console safe. If I just put the FOB in the Bronco and press the last two buttons it locks, but will just unlock when I put my hand on the back handle. 🤷‍♂️
The key has to remain motionless for a while before it turns off, which is why it is probably a good idea to use a bag. But since I hang my keys on the wall by the garage, I am happy they turn off after a while so no one can get into the vehicles.
Sponsored