First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if a key fob can be woke up while on a nightstand deeper inside the house rather than sitting on a table by the door?
How much is the signal amplified? or should I just get a faraday bag...

OP
OP
Rwhite692

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Curious if a key fob can be woke up while on a nightstand deeper inside the house rather than sitting on a table by the door?
How much is the signal amplified? or should I just get a faraday bag...
One report that I read, indicated that the signal relay equipment being used by some thieves can amplify the relayed signals (both the initial one coming from the vehicle to the keyfob with the authentication request, and the response coming back, from the keyfob) a distance of up to 300 feet in open air with no obstructions, obviously this will be reduced by the presence of walls, etc but that is still roughly 2.5 to 3X the normal transmit distance.

https://youronlinechoices.com.au/ca...e relay devices have a,of the key fob's range.

Long Island WildTrak 22

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Picked up two faraday pouches last night, and they work to block the signal from the proximity unlock.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they stealing my stuff they have already climbed a fence and hiked 1000 yards to the house. You may go offer them a hug but they're going to have a bad day here.
“When seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Yeah man, the softening of the sheeple is on the skinny pedal for sure. I’m with you for a little Alabama justice. No jury in the South will convict someone for offing a scumbag and thief.

For those of you who are cool with being taken for a ride whenever, just please stay where you are and don’t move down for retirement either.

I’ll take my chances with a court and a corpse.

2 years or so ago there was an incident just outside my neighborhood here in the actual City of Atlanta. About 6 of us men/husbands in the neighborhood came out with our arms. Turns out it wasn’t what we thought, but there were shots, just no one or nothing hit; never found out why.

Point is, wives called 911, but 6 of us responded outside immediately. Cops arrived about 30 mins later. No sense of urgency at all from them. I know false alarms happen all the time and they get tired of it, but for people, it’s usually a first time and it only takes once.

I’m going to handle something like this if I catch them; first, because I can; second, because prison is no deterrent. I think these guys love it in there. setting an example sends a powerful message. Sure vehicles get stolen everywhere, but catch the right guy and word will get around.

Be safe out there, but also stay prepared.

Sponsored

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could always pull the fuel pump relay.
Unlikely they are carrying one and it isn’t going anywhere without a tow.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If somebody stole my Bronco, I just might want to take advantage of Canada's easy, no-questions-asked assisted suicide policy.
It's not that easy. I've looked into it. (Unrelated to Bronco theft)

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could always pull the fuel pump relay.
Unlikely they are carrying one and it isn’t going anywhere without a tow.
That's what I do with my Miata! But I rarely park it in a public area these days. I'm actually less worried about the Bronco. Strange, but that's just me.

LSW

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have a link to a reputable/tested Faraday Cage that is at least 6"x6"x3" box sized for a few sets of keychains with a couple key FOBs each? There are a bunch of these on amazon but all with spotty reviews, some of which say they don't work to block the key fob signals.

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread has kinda drifted, but based on your location I'm assuming you don't have much experience with firearms or principles of use? My apologies if I'm wrong in that assumption. While I agree that is a bad first step, I do want to point out that brandishing a firearm or firing a warning shot is not an acceptable or legal action. The firearm comes out only when you fear for your life and intend to use the gun to defend it. Under current laws it is just not worth your own freedom to use deadly force to stop property theft. I also realize that some of us are blessed or lucky enough to live where these are not common occurrences and some people have to adjust according to their own situation. Personally I think a lot more F around and find out would be better for society but that is just not the case these days if you want to avoid incarceration.

On another note, what incentive does Ford or any manufacturer have to really clamp down on theft? They only sell more cars.
In the formal handgun training/CCW classes I’ve attended, it’s consistently taught that the legal fees associated with mounting a legal defense typically exceeds the value of the property being protected. No matter how cut and dry you think your actions are, there’s still a legal process that needs to be followed, and a cost associated. And then there’s the civil lawsuits where you’re guilty until proven innocent. And then there’s the psychological trauma that’s well documented regarding taking the life of another human.

As for the Manufacturers, aren’t the Insurance company ratings, or heck, the insurance companies able to exert some type of pressure? Although I know they don’t really lose any money so I suppose that’s a pipe dream. Soo we’re back to regulation, which is a political mine field. Lol. We’re our own worst enemies aren’t we?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who has had formal training in the judicious use of lethal force, I'm going to urge anyone who thinks this not to say it online. Whether your joking or serious doesn't matter, what matters is that if - God forbid - you ever have to take a life in self-defense, what you've written on the internet is forever. Offhand comments like this will be mined by any prosecutor looking for an easy way to bolster his conviction rate. You'll either have have to spend thousands to have the comment suppressed from evidenced, pay thousands to have it explained away in front of twelve people too dumb to get out of jury duty, or both.

The five seconds it took to write that could result in financial and personal losses much greater than even a Bronco.
The only thing that statement implies is that when I shine my green laser so you can see it (not on your body) is that you the thief have to decide is what you're stealing worth the chance that said laser could possibly be attached to a firearm. My green laser is on a stand by the window . I thought everyone posting wanted scare tactics like warning shots and hugs from hairy men in their underwear. My scare tactic is my green laser. Calm down folks , lol.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to the victim, who posted here, it was gone in much less than the proverbial 60 seconds (closer to 30). You would still be tripping over yourself while grabbing your nightstand gun and running through the house in your skivvies, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, and would be too late to even see it drive away.
Plot Twist: OP is the thief.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol, huh? Someone is supposed to assume that the owner of property will kill them if they steal something? I love my Bronco, but I am not killing someone over it. That's insanity.
You have a point but the consequences should be severe. In Singapore you get a lashing (caning) and 15 years in prision over something like this. Many if not most car jackings involve an armed perp, and they will kill you! I'm not loosing any sleep when one of these loosers gets what they deserve.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.