Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol at all of the part time Navy seals here that think they would have somehow sprung into action from a dead sleep, and stopped this from happening. According to the victim, who posted here, it was gone in much less than the proverbial 60 seconds (closer to 30). You would still be tripping over yourself while grabbing your nightstand gun and running through the house in your skivvies, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, and would be too late to even see it drive away.
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the deal, you can do the faraday cage but all they have to do is put a receiver on a magnet then attach it to your car. It records the key responses next time you drive, then they come back the next day, get their receiver, make a new key then walk up and drive it off.

Don't park outside, physically lock your garage, make sure you have GAP coverage.

Also:
Castle doctrine only applies if you are IN the vehicle.

Warning shots are at best assault with a deadly weapon.

If you're gonna pull the trigger shoot to kill, they can't tell their side of the story if they are dead (your story is you confronted them stealing, they threatened to kill you, you pulled out your gun and defended yourself).

OP
OP
Rwhite692

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

.......all they have to do is put a receiver on a magnet then attach it to your car. It records the key responses next time you drive, then they come back the next day, get their receiver, make a new key then walk up and drive it off.
This will not work with the Ford Intelligent Access system in our Broncos. The authentication request sent by the vehicle module to the keyfob, is unique per instance.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will not work with the Ford Intelligent Access system in our Broncos. The authentication request sent by the vehicle module to the keyfob, is unique per instance.
How do the cloning tools lock smiths use work? Just put a stronger antenna on one of those and under the car it could clone your key.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plus, shoot to kill is kind an odd first step. Scare them off maybe? In any case, I guess I’m lucky that this decision will likely never come up for me.
This thread has kinda drifted, but based on your location I'm assuming you don't have much experience with firearms or principles of use? My apologies if I'm wrong in that assumption. While I agree that is a bad first step, I do want to point out that brandishing a firearm or firing a warning shot is not an acceptable or legal action. The firearm comes out only when you fear for your life and intend to use the gun to defend it. Under current laws it is just not worth your own freedom to use deadly force to stop property theft. I also realize that some of us are blessed or lucky enough to live where these are not common occurrences and some people have to adjust according to their own situation. Personally I think a lot more F around and find out would be better for society but that is just not the case these days if you want to avoid incarceration.

On another note, what incentive does Ford or any manufacturer have to really clamp down on theft? They only sell more cars.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model X, Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Remember when you see the green dot that it's not that I value my stuff over a human life , it is the fact that you value my stuff over your life.
As someone who has had formal training in the judicious use of lethal force, I'm going to urge anyone who thinks this not to say it online. Whether your joking or serious doesn't matter, what matters is that if - God forbid - you ever have to take a life in self-defense, what you've written on the internet is forever. Offhand comments like this will be mined by any prosecutor looking for an easy way to bolster his conviction rate. You'll either have have to spend thousands to have the comment suppressed from evidenced, pay thousands to have it explained away in front of twelve people too dumb to get out of jury duty, or both.

The five seconds it took to write that could result in financial and personal losses much greater than even a Bronco.

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

<<< NOT ME / NOT MY BRONCO>>> This was posted on Reddit earlier today:

I'm sorry for your loss. Anything that emits an electronic signal to start your vehicle poses a risk of being captured to steal your vehicle. I have Revelco anti theft device. Revelco guarantees your truck cannot be started and stolen. Discount on insurance too.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As someone who has had formal training in the judicious use of lethal force, I'm going to urge anyone who thinks this not to say it online. Whether your joking or serious doesn't matter, what matters is that if - God forbid - you ever have to take a life in self-defense, what you've written on the internet is forever. Offhand comments like this will be mined by any prosecutor looking for an easy way to bolster his conviction rate. You'll either have have to spend thousands to have the comment suppressed from evidenced, pay thousands to have it explained away in front of twelve people too dumb to get out of jury duty, or both.

The five seconds it took to write that could result in financial and personal losses much greater than even a Bronco.
Smart.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do the cloning tools lock smiths use work? Just put a stronger antenna on one of those and under the car it could clone your key.
The cloning tools don't work these days.

In the past, you are correct... you could effectively clone a key because the secret passed between the fob and the vehicle was identical every time. (It's actually still the case on many garage door openers.) But key fobs these days effectively have a rotating secret that needs to match up, making it significantly more difficult to clone. Kind of like the 6-digit code used for two-factor authentication when logging into a website. Sure you could figure out the password, but without that 2FA code you cannot log in.

In this case, they're not actually cloning anything. They're just tricking the Bronco into thinking that the actual key fob is near the Bronco by amplifying and relaying the key fob's signal.

Sponsored

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope nobody reads this and believes it to be a legal response to the video we’ve just seen.

Yeah…it sucks having your Bronco stolen. But 10 years in prison can downright ruin your entire day.

I don’t care where you live and how cool you think the laws are…..shooting the man in this video would be illegal in all 50 states.
NOT IN IDAHO ! Anyone can conceal carry and shoot to defend property.

Status
Not open for further replies.