Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked and couldn't find a thread for the undercarriage bash plates so thought I would start one. As I watched the videos of Rubicon, I noticed the bash plates sounded 'tinny' and looked thin as they scraped across the rocks. Again, taking into account the gross vehicle weight issues popping up every where, I was wondering what was the consensus was out there. I am not going with the steel bumper from Ford since the I am looking for receiver hitch winch mount for the front bumper to avoid the 360 view and cruse control blockage issues. On my Defender and Discovery rigs I had solid aluminum plate safari guards but the weight was brutal.

Main question, for the WT that I am leaning to (not mentioning the interior multicolor mess or possible no power seat options) do you think think these will protect from the undercarriage enough if not heavy duty rock crawling?
Ford Bronco Bronco Bash Plates Protection Level? Rover In Washout_1.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Bash Plates Protection Level? Defender beach.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Bash Plates Protection Level? Clean Rover_1.JPG
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not a chance the factory "bash plates" will hold up to rock use. If they are thicker than 16ga I will be surprised. They will make great templates for real skid plates.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not pay extra for the factory bash plates.

If they happen to be included on the particular trim you are getting, I’m sure they are better than nothing and I wouldn’t worry too much if you are not hardcore rock crawling.

But if they are not already included on your trim I’m sure you could find something better and probably cheaper in the aftermarket, if you can wait.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know there’s a difference between the standard bash plates, and the steel ones that come on the higher trims. But I have yet to see a visual comparison.
Sponsored