Sponsored

Difference between the two "upgraded" bash plates options?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked up my BL Bronco with “full bash plates”. Was shocked to see there is a huge gap between the engine plate and the one covering the drive shaft. This won’t work! If you slide over a rock on the front plate the rig could get hung up on the gap.

D7DBCD98-C9EE-4C84-96D5-0A6DE252523A.jpeg
This isn't surprising for several reasons:

1. 99.9% of Bronco owners (even those who buy a BL) aren't going to need full belly plates.
2. Cost.
3. Weight vs fuel mileage, this is a large section to plate.
4. The transmission is quite a ways up there compared to the sway bar disconnect, the transfer case, the rear diff, and the gas tank. There are lots of other things you're gonna drag first. The frame rails are lower so if you're coming down a ledge you'll slide on them. The only thing you really have to worry about is that 1 pointy rock that could hit JUST right...

I went out and wheeled on Saturday and I drug/hit lots of stuff under there. I'll crawl under today and get some pics of what hit and what didn't...
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This isn't surprising for several reasons:

1. 99.9% of Bronco owners (even those who buy a BL) aren't going to need full belly plates.
2. Cost.
3. Weight vs fuel mileage, this is a large section to plate.
4. The transmission is quite a ways up there compared to the sway bar disconnect, the transfer case, the rear diff, and the gas tank. There are lots of other things you're gonna drag first. The frame rails are lower so if you're coming down a ledge you'll slide on them. The only thing you really have to worry about is that 1 pointy rock that could hit JUST right...

I went out and wheeled on Saturday and I drug/hit lots of stuff under there. I'll crawl under today and get some pics of what hit and what didn't...
Ford does do a nice job of tucking the transmission, but my concern is rolling a rock or popping a stick up into the plastic pan of my auto, so a trans/transfer case plate would be nice.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a four door Badlands
This is f'd up. Doesn't matter what vehicle or powertrain combo of BL I pick, the catalogue says "not applicable" to this vehicle, not even a WT. I don't know what the issue is but need to find a member's VIN that has one to look up. There's a possibility the catalogue is messed up but it would be rare, especially using a VIN, that it wouldn't index.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is f'd up. Doesn't matter what vehicle or powertrain combo of BL I pick, the catalogue says "not applicable" to this vehicle, not even a WT. I don't know what the issue is but need to find a member's VIN that has one to look up. There's a possibility the catalogue is messed up but it would be rare, especially using a VIN, that it wouldn't index.
My vin is 1FMEE5DH3MLA90863. It’s a four door badlands with manual tranny. I have to get modular bumper to get full bash plates.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vin is 1FMEE5DH3MLA90863. It’s a four door badlands with manual tranny. I have to get modular bumper to get full bash plates.
I've got a 4d BL 2.7 auto and have modular bumper no SAS or tow, still doesn't show that part as applicable to mine.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4d BL 2.7, auto SAS with tow, NA also. Have not found a combo yet that works.