First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the difference between OBX vs BL skid plates?
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
About four thousand dollars 🤡

In all seriousness, with BL, you have a full set of steel plates underneath and OB has plastic unless you get the steel bumper and then you get a steel front skid plate only.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stock unless you ordered the bash plate package or modular bumper a lot. Standard bumper gets plastic front skid and engine skid.
If you ordered the modular bumper. You get the Steel front bash plate and engine plate.
and that’s all.
if you ordered the full skid package on the OBX the difference would be the Badlands has a skid for the sway bar disconnect that you wouldn’t have on a the OBX unless like me you added that one too.

Rosco

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2019 Ranger, 2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OBX= None
BL=Some

OP
OP
BobB728

BobB728

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About four thousand dollars 🤡

In all seriousness, with BL, you have a full set of steel plates underneath and OB has plastic unless you get the steel bumper and then you get a steel front skid plate only.
Stock unless you ordered the bash plate package or modular bumper a lot. Standard bumper gets plastic front skid and engine skid.
If you ordered the modular bumper. You get the Steel front bash plate and engine plate.
and that’s all.
if you ordered the full skid package on the OBX the difference would be the Badlands has a skid for the sway bar disconnect that you wouldn’t have on a the OBX unless like me you added that one too.
I do have mod bumper and steel front skid. So sounds like I’m missing transfer case and gas tank. Does BL have cover over catalytic converter? People have been cutting out catalytic converters and drilling gas tanks to steal gas! They didn’t offer full skid or disconnect as an option.
look’s like missing what’s in circle?
Ford Bronco Skid plates difference between OBX vs BL 1662752374833

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are right, everything in the circle is missing on the OB with modular bumper.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do have mod bumper and steel front skid. So sounds like I’m missing transfer case and gas tank. Does BL have cover over catalytic converter? People have been cutting out catalytic converters and drilling gas tanks to steal gas! They didn’t offer full skid or disconnect as an option.
look’s like missing what’s in circle?
1662752374833.jpeg
It would have been in the build and price or accessories. Nothing that covers the Cats. Sway bar disco only in badlands. I bought a takeoff set of skids and put the extra skid under mine because it was included.

OP
OP
BobB728

BobB728

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would have been in the build and price or accessories. Nothing that covers the Cats. Sway bar disco only in badlands. I bought a takeoff set of skids and put the extra skid under mine because it was included.
Do you have a link to that? That is from shop ford, had hoped it would be individual parts, since already getting front.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a link to that? That is from shop ford, had hoped it would be individual parts, since already getting front.
See link for what Ford sells. It’s the only option they have as far as I know. You’re better off going aftermarket if you’re actually planning to abuse the skids since many aftermarket are twice as thick as Ford’s. I went with JCR Offroad skids but there are many other options.

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...vehicles-with-modular-front-bumper-for-4-door

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had to buy the skid plate kit from ford for my OBX and it came with the plate the modular bumper already comes with. I only wanted the gas tank skid but that wasn’t a standalone option. So $643 bucks later including installation here it is.

459CED47-53E5-41E7-8AFC-D11092B80058.jpeg

46F90606-3576-4890-B343-D59A04642663.jpeg

BB80E678-3DD7-47BD-870E-8E4D661DEEEE.jpeg

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can say the JCR fuel tank skis was very easy to install VS the ford one. But the ford one goes 6-8” farther forward and bolts to a cross member. So there is not a gap in front of the tank. The ford transfer case skid just hangs out under the T case with. Nothing to hold the middle. It’s a stiff part. But don’t think it’s as strong as some aftermarket offerings.
Sponsored