Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I prefer the BD colors as well, but it isn’t a deciding factor for me.
Agreed, it's not the deciding factor for me either, but BL is slightly out of the range i was wanting to spend as well, so it just is a factor.
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For my 2 exact same builds, the BL is $3.5K more than BD + Squatch. So I am paying more money for smaller tires and things I do not need (sway bar disco / front and rear steel bumper that increase vehicle weight).
You say 33s will ride the road a lot better, in which way?

2.3 I think.

Auto.

I am getting an ultra light 80 LBS RTT. No problems there.

A lot of people recommend to go BL non squatch, but if I compare a 2.3 Auto with mid package, the BD Squatched is $3.5K less than the BL. Also I am not a fan of the steel everywhere because they add a lot of weight and I am hauling lots of stuff when overlanding.

My ideal build is a BB with 33s and Squatch suspensions + the 4.27 ratio with rear locker + the 4A gear shift but this is not an option on BB. This build does not exist and I don’t like the idea of modifying the vehicle not from the factory.
Removing the 35s from a squatch is also not cool because 4.7 ratio with 33 is not ideal.

Anybody tried back to back the same vehicle with the same tires but one in 33 and one in 35?
Maybe just do a BB with the E-Locker and get a better set of A/T's in 255/75R17? I know it's not 33's, but it may not make much of a difference. It looks like there is probably vertical room for 33's but still need to figure out wheel offset and such.

I'm in a similar dilemma, love looks of Squatch but only need capability of Base or BB. I've talked myself out of the 4A, but not the minimum of a rear locker. Truth be told, I'd rather have front and rear helical geared limited slip over the lockers as I'll be mostly street and unimproved road.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For my 2 exact same builds, the BL is $3.5K more than BD + Squatch. So I am paying more money for smaller tires and things I do not need (sway bar disco / front and rear steel bumper that increase vehicle weight).

2.3 I think.

Auto.

A lot of people recommend to go BL non squatch, but if I compare a 2.3 Auto with mid package, the BD Squatched is $3.5K less than the BL. Also I am not a fan of the steel everywhere because they add a lot of weight and I am hauling lots of stuff when overlanding.

My ideal build is a BB with 33s and Squatch suspensions + the 4.27 ratio with rear locker + the 4A gear shift but this is not an option on BB. This build does not exist and I don’t like the idea of modifying the vehicle not from the factory.
Removing the 35s from a squatch is also not cool because 4.7 ratio with 33 is not ideal.

Anybody tried back to back the same vehicle with the same tires but one in 33 and one in 35?
BD comes with front and rear steel bumper as well

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD comes with front and rear steel bumper as well
I meant BB, edited my post sorry.

I am very concerned about the Bronco payload. it’s 1300lbs but that‘s with nothing on it. Apparently a sasquatched BL gives you 0 additional payload.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
For my 2 exact same builds, the BL is $3.5K more than BB + Squatch. So I am paying more money for smaller tires and things I do not need (sway bar disco / front and rear steel bumper that increase vehicle weight).

2.3 I think.

Auto.

A lot of people recommend to go BL non squatch, but if I compare a 2.3 Auto with mid package, the BB Squatched is $3.5K less than the BL. Also I am not a fan of the steel everywhere because they add a lot of weight and I am hauling lots of stuff when overlanding.

There is a significant difference in braking distance between 33s and 35s. 33s will accelerate much faster. Turning is affected, i.e. you would run a slalom course a lot quicker on 33s. All this results in better road manners for smaller tires. 32s will have comparable advantages over 33s. These are undeniable facts.

285/70R17 tires are quite large although reading comments from the brodozer enthusiasts on this forum might lead one to believe otherwise.

Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a 2000 Wrangler Sport 4.0L with open Dana 30 3.07 gear ratio. It has stock suspension with no lift, and I’m running 31” MTs. It struggles uphill in 5th gear. But I can run 70+ mph on the highway. And I’ve taken it a lot of places most of us are not going to be willing to take our brand spanking new Bronco. If I had locked diffs, I would use my winch a little less. I’m getting a BL wo/Squatch. It’s going to be way more rig than I or most of us need. But man is it gonna be sweet!!

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Overlanding related question: the Bronco has a couple different kinds of shocks IIRC. How are folks planning on handling the extra weight in the back with all the gear, or maybe towing? Sumo springs? Air shocks? I'm talking 4 door non sasquatch. Didn't see much thoughts on this in the suspension section. Happy Thanksgiving to all BTW.
Sponsored