Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well today we're on the final stretch on rail. It's heading over the Cascades and should be in Kent, WA today. At that point, Greg, you and I will be on the same page. We'll see how Kent does in getting it on a truck to Bickford in Snohomish. I would imagine it could be done in under 10 days, but hopefully it'll be under 8 days for the sake our our Ohio trip leaving on the 5th. Fingers crossed still!

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 3/11/2024 1711628554199-e

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 3/11/2024 1711628687109-k9
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Setting up myself here at work today. Should be able to watch it go through here from Interbay to Seattle.

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 3/11/2024 PXL_20240328_152048912.MP

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THERE SHE IS!!! TTGX 691104!

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 3/11/2024 Screenshot_20240328-103327

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's a beaut, Clark!
The wife loves the mint graffiti on the side. One her favorite colors. Made it much easier to spot when it was sitting next to Boeing field just South of Seattle. She's very happy she got to see the rail car too.

Took a bit more processing in Seattle last night, but rolled into Kent around 4am this morning. Onto waiting with my dealer to get it home. We only have 7 days before we leave for our trip. I've seen a couple of Puget Sound area folks get theirs around 2-6 days, but the most recent delivery to @tock13 was 10 days I believe (but that one did take over a month from the built day). I'm hoping this faster delivery suggests a faster rail yard turnaround.

Sponsored

Greg_M

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali Dually
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope you get it for your trip. Mine is still sitting and waiting. just received word that bad storms are possible here Sunday night into Monday with large hail. We just had a large storm here 2 weeks ago and one dealer lost 450 cars another one lost 150. I told the dealer that I bought mine from they better hope it doesn't hail, if it does, you'll be ordering me another one. Didn't like that comment....

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The wife loves the mint graffiti on the side. One her favorite colors. Made it much easier to spot when it was sitting next to Boeing field just South of Seattle. She's very happy she got to see the rail car too.

Took a bit more processing in Seattle last night, but rolled into Kent around 4am this morning. Onto waiting with my dealer to get it home. We only have 7 days before we leave for our trip. I've seen a couple of Puget Sound area folks get theirs around 2-6 days, but the most recent delivery to @tock13 was 10 days I believe (but that one did take over a month from the built day). I'm hoping this faster delivery suggests a faster rail yard turnaround.
I heard my train whistle through Monroe about 10pm on its way to Seattle in early Feb. the next day I played hookie to go hunt down the rail car in Kent. No dice, couldn’t find it. That’s REALLY cool you got a pic of yours!!!! So awesome, and your had nicely done artwork too. 😁

Yep mine was 10 days from drop off in Kent to dealer in Snohomish. Now…since the truck part of the ride is a black hole as far as tracking…who really knows how long the it sat at bickford before I got it. 🤔

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well today we're on the final stretch on rail. It's heading over the Cascades and should be in Kent, WA today. At that point, Greg, you and I will be on the same page. We'll see how Kent does in getting it on a truck to Bickford in Snohomish. I would imagine it could be done in under 10 days, but hopefully it'll be under 8 days for the sake our our Ohio trip leaving on the 5th. Fingers crossed still!

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you work with at Bickford in ordering your Bronco?

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you work with at Bickford in ordering your Bronco?
I'm working with Eric. It's been going along pretty smoothly.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm working with Eric. It's been going along pretty smoothly.
I worked with Russ on both my orders. Ford bought back my 2023 Bronco I got there and everyone at Bickford from service to parts to sales has been absolutely phenomenal to work with. I’ve bought my share of new vehicles and never ever have I had such a great experience with a dealer.

Hopefully yours goes as smoothly, don’t see why it won’t.

Good to have another bronco roaming the roads in Snohomish county!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Latest statuses:
3/29 4:02am Arrived in Kent, WA
3/29 10:17am Placed at customer location (Kent)
3/30 9:22pm Cleared, Released by customer (Kent)

I would interpret the last two as: train car placed inside the unloading yard, and then the car has been unloaded and it is ready to be picked up by the rail company (Bronco parked in the lot).

Very exciting! It seems this is really as far as this tracking follows, so now I really need to see what statuses/updates I can get from the dealership.

Greg_M

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali Dually
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got the text that our Bronco is at the dealer and will be ready to be picked up as early as today. We have horrible weather approaching this afternoon, and the rest of the week is booked solid......Saturday it is!

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the text that our Bronco is at the dealer and will be ready to be picked up as early as today. We have horrible weather approaching this afternoon, and the rest of the week is booked solid......Saturday it is!
Thank goodness!!!
Fresh month too for that credit score ;) I'll be fixing up my own financing soon. I put my chances of getting that text from my dealer this week at 80%. Really close now.

Greg_M

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali Dually
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank goodness!!!
Fresh month too for that credit score ;) I'll be fixing up my own financing soon. I put my chances of getting that text from my dealer this week at 80%. Really close now.
Hopefully yours gets there before your trip. that would be sweet!

Hopefully they pull mine inside today before the storms hit tonight. we are expected to get 3 out of 5 on the severity range of storms tonight between 10pm and 3 am tomorrow.

OP
OP
mattjrutter

mattjrutter

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully yours gets there before your trip. that would be sweet!

Hopefully they pull mine inside today before the storms hit tonight. we are expected to get 3 out of 5 on the severity range of storms tonight between 10pm and 3 am tomorrow.

Yeah, really looking scary! I also saw those reports of those dealerships losing most of their inventory due to massive hail. It would just be devastating to go through this waiting and getting so close to delivery only to be smacked to square one. I do hope the dealerships prioritize their retail orders and protect them.
Sponsored