Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco Family to get "Hey Bronco!" Voice Controls powered by Amazon Alexa

Ford Bronco Bronco Family to get "Hey Bronco!" Voice Controls powered by Amazon Alexa 🤣 1617277365903

DEARBORN, Michigan, March 31, 2021 – Ford Motor Company has teamed up with Amazon to bring voice controls to the Bronco®. Powered by Amazon’s Alexa™, a driver will only need to say “Hey Bronco!™” and the vehicle will respond to their commands. Need camping gear for your next adventure? Just say “Hey Bronco!, I need some camping gear, show me the way.” and your Bronco will pull up the nearest outdoors stores on the in-car navigation screen.

Mike Levine, Ford’s Marketing chief praised the new feature as “cutting edge” and a “true break through”. Early testing by Bronco enthusiast site The Bronco Nation™ found a useful if not humorous use for Hey Bronco! when one of the crew asked where to find flannel shirts. Not only did Hey Bronco! respond with directions to the nearest Bass Pro Shop®, it even suggested wearing boots instead of Crocs® to help fit in with the locals. “It may be funny, but the fact that Hey Bronco! cares about my safety as well as my style is really a testament to how good this is.” said the crew member.

There are a limitless amount of options that Hey Bronco! will be able to help with. Need instructions on how to install a child's seat in your Bronco? Hey Bronco! can talk you through it by reading the Owner's Manual to you.

Best of all, Hey Bronco! is voiced by veteran actor Brian Kranston, who famously voices the Bronco commercials. He spend a combined 200 hours over a three month period recording all the words and annunciations required to give Hey Bronco! his voice and speech pattern.

Look for the Hey Bronco! feature when the all-new 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive this summer. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, please visit Ford.com/Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But ford wouldn't lie to us. Especially today. Would they?

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

“Hey Bronco, is this an April Fools joke?”

“Yes you are an April Fool.”

“Wait a minute...”
Only problem I have... Google > Alexa.

And do you guys really think Ford would lie to us at this point? With everything else we've flipped over the last year? That'd be stupid on their part.

Edit: Besides @Toccoa is a well known member:

Ford Bronco Bronco Family to get "Hey Bronco!" Voice Controls powered by Amazon Alexa 🤣 1617279371775

Are you guys calling him a liar? :oops:

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure of the original source, but they are calling Mike Levine "Mark" and have the worst alterations on the Bronco nav screen I've ever seen. Not sure if the information in it is, but the article itself is a joke.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure of the original source, but they are calling Mike Levine "Mark" and have the worst alterations on the Bronco nav screen I've ever seen. Not sure if the information in it is, but the article itself is a joke.
You think Ford and their marketing team proof read? Did you just join this forum today?

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be clear - my 2019 4Runner actually does something like this. It responds to Hey Alexa, but certainly won't guide you to the Bass Pro Shop nearest you.

so I vote this is 65% april fools joke and a portion accidental reality.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cranston (with a "C") would be awesome.....Hey Bronco, where can I get some of that blue crystal?

Ford Bronco Bronco Family to get "Hey Bronco!" Voice Controls powered by Amazon Alexa 🤣 1617280356135

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only problem I have... Google > Alexa.

And do you guys really think Ford would lie to us at this point? With everything else we've flipped over the last year? That'd be stupid on their part.

Edit: Besides @Toccoa is a well known member:

Ford Bronco Bronco Family to get "Hey Bronco!" Voice Controls powered by Amazon Alexa 🤣 1617280356135

Are you guys calling him a liar? :oops:
Thanks @EvlNvrDys I’m just a small town boy with big dreams of sharing my love of Bronco features with the world. I can’t say how I got access to this press release, but I am in no way being paid in FordPass Rewards points to get a free modular top for my future Bronco.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think Ford and their marketing team proof read? Did you just join this forum today?
Fair point... Seems that editors have become a thing of the past. I was under the assumption that this wasn't written by Ford as a press release. Was giving someone too much credit...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks @EvlNvrDys I’m just a small town boy with big dreams of sharing my love of Bronco features with the world. I can’t say how I got access to this press release, but I am in no way being paid in FordPass Rewards points to get a free modular top for my future Bronco.
Do you work for JD, BN, or OBL?
Sponsored