First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick video showing some of the remote features and capabilities to operate the bronco through the FordPass app on your phone!

Some previous Ford owners already have this on other vehicles, but this is new to me and very neat!

Sponsored

Last edited:

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just thinking this...great my engine won't start because files on the ECU are encrypted. Double edge sword of convenience these days. But now I am wondering if I can install Palo Alto firewall in my Bronco.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good idea but the app is incredibly buggy and slow. Also my 2018 expedition has a feature to flash the lights and honk the horn but my 2020 f250 doesn't, it appears the bronco doesn't either which seems pretty stupid. I think it would be cool to add the window roll down feature to the app aswell since we can do it from the key.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another reason to have 7MT ...
Ford Bronco Bronco FordPass Connect cars-fast-adn-furious-8
Ford Bronco Bronco FordPass Connect cars-2-fast-and-furious

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The remote start is nice to use during cold weather, thats all I ever used on the app. I never lost my truck so didnt need to use the finder option.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, all I need is someone's VIN to start their car?

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, all I need is someone's VIN to start their car?
No, you have to be inside the vehicle and accept the on-screen prompt to connect to the vehicle. I would hope there's other fail safes if someone is riding around with doors/top off.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, you have to be inside the vehicle and accept the on-screen prompt to connect to the vehicle. I would hope there's other fail safes if someone is riding around with doors/top off.
I would also guess that the VIN can only be connected under one ford pass account user. So if itā€™s connected under someone else then they would have to remove the vehicle first from there accountā€¦.?

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody else register their Bronco on their Ford Pass App? I did earlier this week, and found Ford has already uploaded all the relevant information on the Broncoā€¦. Screenshot below:

Ford Bronco Bronco FordPass Connect E31DB881-4E64-49AE-9950-BE1FCAB65E2F

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently the location app is good in case your car is stolen. Richmond Ford reached out to me after I sold my ā€˜20 Raptor last year because the new owner had it stolen in Maryland. Sadly he/she hadnā€™t registered it on the App and weā€™re asking if I still had it on mine so they could track itā€™s whereabouts.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good idea but the app is incredibly buggy and slow. Also my 2018 expedition has a feature to flash the lights and honk the horn but my 2020 f250 doesn't, it appears the bronco doesn't either which seems pretty stupid. I think it would be cool to add the window roll down feature to the app aswell since we can do it from the key.
My 2019 F-450 gained the "flash the lights/honk the horn" feature with the last (iOS) App update. I bet it's some kind of App bug that it doesn't work on your 2020. I bet if you remove the truck from the account and add it back it would pop up. Does your App show the DEF level (assuming 6.7L)? It still doesn't on mine even though it was a listed "feature" of the update.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2019 F-450 gained the "flash the lights/honk the horn" feature with the last (iOS) App update. I bet it's some kind of App bug that it doesn't work on your 2020. I bet if you remove the truck from the account and add it back it would pop up. Does your App show the DEF level (assuming 6.7L)? It still doesn't on mine even though it was a listed "feature" of the update.
It does not, only fuel and oil life.
Sponsored