First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glue overspray. Hmmm.. I never, ever want the carpet to hang down at the edges. Never, ever. So I understand the issue.

Good news, no carpet hang down. Bad news is the popping sound. That is absolutely related to the glue overspray.

If you want to get rid of the popping sound, clean off the glue overspray.

How do I know that? Been there, done that. No details shared, but I used to be an automotive engineer and root cause troubleshooter, nearly 30 years. I once spent three months at an assembly plant working on a ticking noise problem on a popular vehicle.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mines more than the popping, glue slopped around, bubbles, scratches and scuffs all over. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ford is gonna have to do something for all of us that got stuck with these awful hard tops. Webasto majorly failed them on every level.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A

Agree, shouldn’t have to fix it on a new vehicle. Although I would rather deal with these little problems and have it here now vs waiting longer.
Not me...for the money I want the truck to be right. IMO that's the problem, Ford knows folks will accept mediocrity, so we get a crap truck. Most of you are probably not old enough to remember the 70 cars and bad quality.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glue overspray. Hmmm.. I never, ever want the carpet to hang down at the edges. Never, ever. So I understand the issue.

Good news, no carpet hang down. Bad news is the popping sound. That is absolutely related to the glue overspray.

If you want to get rid of the popping sound, clean off the glue overspray.

How do I know that? Been there, done that. No details shared, but I used to be an automotive engineer and root cause troubleshooter, nearly 30 years. I once spent three months at an assembly plant working on a ticking noise problem on a popular vehicle.
Having trouble detecting if you are being serious right now.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having trouble detecting if you are being serious right now.
Nope, absolutely serious. There are a whole lot of materials, which when "barely" touching painted surfaces generate a terribly loud "tick" noise.

• Tail lamps (acrylic)
  • Materials with contact cement / glue on surface
What's quite bizarre is the volume and sound of the noise inside the passenger compartment is quite loud. Its not obvious what is causing the sound. Ever heard of an A-B-A test? Yup, find vehicle with loud noise, remove suspected part, test it again on the four poster shaker, listen for noise, replace the part. Listen again. Figure out a ROBUST fix so the issue never ever re-occurs. The fix might involve using felt tape, or spacers so the part never touches painted surface.

Er, what would it take to convince you I'm serious?

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My MIC 2.0 still had flaws and needs to be replaced under warranty. It pops and creeks above the driver just like the video and others reported. Like something is binding or the latches are over tightened. Mine didn't have the sound deadening liners but the quality is literally shit. They could have pre cut it better or cover more area and not made it out of cheap $.59/ sq foot home depot fabric.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I do a nation wide search on autotrader for Broncos (four door) once a week. Do it just to see if hardtops start showing up in greater numbers, did a search last night and still nothing but soft tops I’d say 98%...just looking for actual posted pics, not the ford generated pic.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Took delivery of our First Edition late November, here is what our hardtop looks and sounds like… anyone experiencing the same thing?
Yes my FE MIC 2.0 has all those issues and more. I described it as garbage the hour I took delivery, and that was on appearance alone. The rattling didn’t start until 1,000 miles. My top has all the known issues, snakeskin, delam, glue overspray, carpet fuzz raining down, headliner cut by a kindergartner, gaskets that were cut by a kindergartner, and more I’m probably forgetting. Oh ya huge gaps in the gaskets that cause crazy wind noise.

7FA28F83-EE6B-4FA4-9BD0-92E856C61D89.jpeg

I can’t help you on all that. But the good news is the rattling can be easily fixed. It’s the guide pins. There are many ways you can dampen them, the easiest and what i do is wrap them in electrical tape. My first fix when diagnosing the problem was literally some plastic wrapper from the garbage. Fixed it perfect.

63751B5C-C682-499B-AC4A-63B22638EAF2.jpeg

One day Ford/webasto will get this right. And that day I will make a warranty claim and get a new top. No use in doing it now. The top is awesome. Looks awesome (from 5 feet). Functions awesome. I’m completely topless in less than 5 mins. Not “topless” with the wrinkled mess blocking rear view like the ugly soft top.

OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes my FE MIC 2.0 has all those issues and more. I described it as garbage the hour I took delivery, and that was on appearance alone. The rattling didn’t start until 1,000 miles. My top has all the known issues, snakeskin, delam, glue overspray, carpet fuzz raining down, headliner cut by a kindergartner, gaskets that were cut by a kindergartner, and more I’m probably forgetting. Oh ya huge gaps in the gaskets that cause crazy wind noise.

Ford Bronco Bronco hardtop (is it fixed?) 63751B5C-C682-499B-AC4A-63B22638EAF2

I can’t help you on all that. But the good news is the rattling can be easily fixed. It’s the guide pins. There are many ways you can dampen them, the easiest and what i do is wrap them in electrical tape. My first fix when diagnosing the problem was literally some plastic wrapper from the garbage. Fixed it perfect.

Ford Bronco Bronco hardtop (is it fixed?) 63751B5C-C682-499B-AC4A-63B22638EAF2

One day Ford/webasto will get this right. And that day I will make a warranty claim and get a new top. No use in doing it now. The top is awesome. Looks awesome (from 5 feet). Functions awesome. I’m completely topless in less than 5 mins. Not “topless” with the wrinkled mess blocking rear view like the ugly soft top.
Exactly the same issues on mine.. I’ll give that Electrical tape a try. Thx man

OP
OP
Project Offroad
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I do a nation wide search on autotrader for Broncos (four door) once a week. Do it just to see if hardtops start showing up in greater numbers, did a search last night and still nothing but soft tops I’d say 98%...just looking for actual posted pics, not the ford generated pic.
Wow that’s interesting. I’m guessing they just shipped the first editions with the problem hardtop to get them out in 21. Would look even worse if some “First Editions” were 22s.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, two doors don't escape the popping. My driver's side is fine, but the passenger side is terrible. The colder it is, the worse the popping is. Ford/Webasto flat out failed on MIC 1.0 and 2.0; I'm hoping that 3.0 is the answer (and that there is a 3.0).
Sponsored