Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In a little of a predicament.... Our family SUV lease is up and the end of the month and I am going to be out of a car at the end of may. Silly me, I thought I'd have my bronco now.. (First summer reservation and now scheduled for production 5/24).

Lease is up and we are extremely over on miles and the residual buy price is actually pretty low. Plan was to buy anyways but I don't want to buy, pay taxes on it and then turn around and use it as a trade-in a month later and pay taxes on the new bronco.

It's a no brainer that I want a 4x4 SUV with Lockers for our family outdoor adventures. Coming up on waiting for 3 years and my patience is wearing thin..

Used Rubicon with 30k miles on it, or figure out the lease and hold onto hope for my bronco to arrive?!?!
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In a little of a predicament.... Our family SUV lease is up and the end of the month and I am going to be out of a car at the end of may. Silly me, I thought I'd have my bronco now.. (First summer reservation and now scheduled for production 5/24).

Lease is up and we are extremely over on miles and the residual buy price is actually pretty low. Plan was to buy anyways but I don't want to buy, pay taxes on it and then turn around and use it as a trade-in a month later and pay taxes on the new bronco.

It's a no brainer that I want a 4x4 SUV with Lockers for our family outdoor adventures. Coming up on waiting for 3 years and my patience is wearing thin..

Used Rubicon with 30k miles on it, or figure out the lease and hold onto hope for my bronco to arrive?!?!
If you're in the same boat as the rest of us HE's are in your scheduled date got pushed back into late May correct? If that's the case and the date doesn't get pushed back any further then you might get it anywhere from mid June to mid July so either way plan for that.

I would think a 30k mile Rubicon would be an easy flip if you decide to buy out the lease at the end so you might maybe look at what an open sale would net you and decide if the taxes are worth it or if you'd rather pay the mileage and turn it in.

OP
OP
SoCalBroncoMan7

SoCalBroncoMan7

Heritage
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you're in the same boat as the rest of us HE's are in your scheduled date got pushed back into late May correct? If that's the case and the date doesn't get pushed back any further then you might get it anywhere from mid June to mid July so either way plan for that.

I would think a 30k mile Rubicon would be an easy flip if you decide to buy out the lease at the end so you might maybe look at what an open sale would net you and decide if the taxes are worth it or if you'd rather pay the mileage and turn it in.
Same boat. Originally scheduled 4/3 and basically getting moved back on a weekly basis. The White hard top issues and MT don't have me super optimistic of date not moving again. I like the idea of going with a rubicon and potentially flipping it or even holding the value until the bronco is here. I got to experience the bronco at off-roadeo might be good to experience a rubicon for a few months. Thanks!
Sponsored