BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
haven't heard any hybrid rumors for baby bronco yet, although I haven't followed it as closely.

Is Jeep rumored to be getting a PHEV soon too?
Nevermind found a CES article. Looks like the renegade and compass will have 31 miles electric only range, but no figures or release date for the wrangler PHEV.
Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Said it before, will say it again.

Most people will be buying a BroncoBronco for:

1. Top Off (4wd Convertible)
  2. Look Cool (Pride)
  3. LIGHT Off Road Capability (Adventure)
  4. Alternative to Jeep (just based on brand)

Being a Hybrid/EV does not counter any of the above and will be seen as a positive by almost all buyers.
Our Fusion EV/Hybrid cost the same as a top level SE, but with better options and WAYYYY better gas mileage.

Give me a Bronco/Bronco that does even 20miEV and I basically get to commute to work for (near) free every day while looking good doing it.
And then when I want to overland, hunt, get to a fishing spot, I have the 4WD and Petrol as well.

The905Raptor

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Said it before, will say it again.

Most people will be buying a BroncoBronco for:

1. Top Off (4wd Convertible)
  2. Look Cool (Pride)
  3. LIGHT Off Road Capability (Adventure)
  4. Alternative to Jeep (just based on brand)

Being a Hybrid/EV does not counter any of the above and will be seen as a positive by almost all buyers.
Our Fusion EV/Hybrid cost the same as a top level SE, but with better options and WAYYYY better gas mileage.

Give me a Bronco/Bronco that does even 20miEV and I basically get to commute to work for (near) free every day while looking good doing it.
And then when I want to overland, hunt, get to a fishing spot, I have the 4WD and Petrol as well.
I'm with you... totally. I think though that having a PHEV will open the market to more people who wanted that look but were hesitant because of mileage. Any new vehicle almost feels "behind the times" if it just comes only as "gas-only".

I would speculate 20mi would be about right, but knowing Ford in the past they will meet or exceed the competition with new vehicles... so I really hope it gets over 30mi... and a white roof :)

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't even trust a basic turbo engine fully, adding electric and batteries is a bridge way too far. Give me a basic gas engine please. Simpler the better...

The905Raptor

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you're dead on here. I'm sure whatever they come out with this year will be a start. It will be interesting though how they play with the gross vehicle weight with off roading capability... or will they leave the two completely separate... we will find out soon!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You heard it here folks, Chrispy has confirmed the SFA!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im up for Ford making everything an option on Bronco. 4cTT, TTV6, hybrid, V8, full electric, manual and stick for each, SFA and IFS, hell, IRS and SRA.

to topic, provided the weight addition isn't horrible, I could consider a hybrid. much of my use will be DD'ing to work, 14 miles each way. that would be free if it has the electric range, I can even plug it in during work hours so going to run errands during lunch would be free as well. I spend about 100/wk on diesel right now just work and back and lunchtime errands.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hybrid would be cool, but so would a v8;) 7.3 Godzilla might be a bit heavy but the 3rd gen coyote would be fantastic and not add weight over the 2.7tt. Also the coyote has ford performance support to swap. This will likely be the route I take.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly.
I would totally be all in on a EV/Hybrid for BroncoBronco.
Would erase any small doubts, as it would become a viable work commuter in terms of MPG/$$$

EyeOfHorus

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring
With as agressive as the major manufacturers are focused on making the next generation of their vehicles "all electric", I find it an interesting time to release a new vehicle altogether. It's kind of in the middle between two worlds. Do you release the Bronco with a traditional combustion engine with it designed to be converted to all electric at a later date, release a hybrid only, or just make a bold statement and make it only an all electric option?
Sponsored