Sponsored

Bronco Off-Roadeo Texas. You Gotta Go!!!

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, they suggested that we were jeans - I thought that was crazy in texas heat. Your recommendation?
I wore khaki pants today, but it'll be shorts tomorrow. Yes, there's cactus and they talk about seesnakes, but it's not a real risk. You'll be fine in shorts, but do wear good grippy shoes. You walk up some slippery rocks.
Sponsored

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right on, just bought flights (miles) and the expensive hotel they recommended. Should be a great experience for my 14 yr old son and I! Scheduled for Nov 13th.
I just got back from Day 1 and I promise - you guys will not regret this experience. It was so much fun. I couldn't really believe the stuff we climbed up like it was nothing. I've done off roading many times in my F-350 4x4 and I have never, ever been able to go up and through the hills, slippery rocks, and truly deep sand like this Bronco did, and it made it all look easy.

We drove by some of the stuff we are going to be hitting tomorrow and it's even scarier! Haha! Can't wait.

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just spent 2 days just outside Horseshoe Bend (West of Austin, TX) at the Texas Off-Roadeo. It was amazing. Me and a friend went. Worth every penny!!!!!!
1. Orientation and freebies - Got our arrival package. We are walked around a Bronco and learn a lot. (Well, as someone that has read every spec and figure about the Bronco I wasn't told much I didn't already know). Got to meet our guide who races off road and teaches how to do it.
2. Introduction to functionality - each person in group drove for a minute and showed a feature tool like Staybar Disconnect, Trail Turn Assist, etc. We took turns.
3. We hit the trails. Each group (everyone came with someone else) got to pick their Bronco from the lineup. We drove for 2.5 hours over most types of terrain. We went over many types of terrain with increasing difficulty. Went up a 30 degree and tilted, rocky hill using Trail Control and nothing else. Went down a 35 degree with lots of drops and uneven undulations using Trail Control only. Some hill climbs. Amazing.
4. Dinner with live music. Both were great.
5. Day 2 we jump right into 3 hours of driving, even crazier than before and with little spotting (to see what you learned the day before). Up, down and over crazy stuff. Much was harder than anything I experienced in my years off roading around Ouray, CO like Black Bear and Poughkeepsie gulch. Most of it I was able to do WITHOUT LOCKING front or back axels. Just had Staybar disconnected.
6. Finally got to do some "desert running" (as best as could be done in that part of Texas, LOL).
7. Each couple was take on a truly high speed run on a coarse designed by racers to push the Bronco to its limits. Holy crap, that was amazing and truly terrifying. I am not easily frightened but I came out of the truck laughing and shaking at the same time. It started with peeling out in the dirt with 4wd and taking a jump. That was the calmest thing he did. I cannot tell you how many expletives I threw out. We were going over some crazy stuff at 55mph or higher. I was in the back seat holding on to anything I could find so I wasn't thrown around like a rag doll. You (likely) have no idea what this is like and NO words of mine can do it justice. He just did all the stuff we were crawling through for 2 days at truly high speed and the Bronco just ATE IT UP!!! Wow.
8. A great lunch.
Also, EVERYONE working at this event is amazing. I mean everyone from the greeters, guides and the people setting up food and cleaning up dishes. Top to bottom, this is well run, well staffed, accommodating and amazing. I want to commend them all. I also want to encourage all of you to make it to one of these destinations. Seriously. Seeing one at a dealership or driving it around a few blocks DOES NOT DO THE BRONCO JUSTICE! You have to see it in its element.
I just got back from Day 1.
What a great experience.
Everything about today was just great.
The thing I couldn't get over was just how easy the Bronco went up and over EVERYTHING we came across, like it was easy! I've done tons of 4x4 trips, but I've never driven anything that just made the steep climbs and deep sand seems like it was nothing at all. I was expecting to be scared a few times, but honestly I never was, because it was just so smooth. I never felt like the Bronco couldn't gallop over everything.
What a great day!
I saw some of ther hills we are climbing tomorrow. So maybe I''ll get scared a bit!

Bmars1127

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got back from Day 1.
What a great experience.
Everything about today was just great.
The thing I couldn't get over was just how easy the Bronco went up and over EVERYTHING we came across, like it was easy! I've done tons of 4x4 trips, but I've never driven anything that just made the steep climbs and deep sand seems like it was nothing at all. I was expecting to be scared a few times, but honestly I never was, because it was just so smooth. I never felt like the Bronco couldn't gallop over everything.
What a great day!
I saw some of ther hills we are climbing tomorrow. So maybe I''ll get scared a bit!
Day 2 is AWESOME!!! Youā€™ll love it! I wish I could day 2 over again. Iā€™ve never been a rock climber but I was never scared- just didnā€™t want to scrape! But I was most comfortable with Baja mode at the endā€” thatā€™s closer to the terrain Iā€™m used to. Have fun!!

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Day 2 got real.

20210801_104228.jpg

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Itā€™s truly amazing what these can do even without the lockers. Iā€™m blown away. Now I canā€™t wait for mine to show up!
Sponsored