Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone. Lot's of great information here! Very appreciative of this forum. What would the reason be for a dealer to want to set a priority code to 99 versus other codes? What's the logic behind taking a customers deposit for an order, stating to the customer that they have placed the order yet setting it to a code that means "hold the order". It just seems shady! What options do we have if your dealer refuses to change it?
Yep. Unless you asked to hold out for a MY22, it's weird.

Did you transfer in? Did the dealer state they were going to de-prioritize transfers?

Did you order a "late availability" option and is the Dealer confused about the process?

You need to have a conversation with your dealer about your code. It could be an honest mistake on their part that the conversation will clear up and remedy quickly.

If they're being shady, that's important to know as well.... if that's the case, there's some info on the forum about what you can do next.
Sponsored

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you order a "late availability" option and is the Dealer confused about the process?
Thank you for the quick response. I believe it is the above. They must be confused on how to handle orders with "late availability" options. My order is for a 2 door black diamond with the 2.7l engine & 10 speed auto. no other options. I'll reach out to the dealer.

Rivdog07

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To shed some light for those of you who placed your order, but did NOT receive a confirmation email from Ford, here is what I discovered. My order through the dealer was submitted with the pc of 99. I could see in my account, that an in store order was listed, but no details on the build were given. I did not receive an email from Ford, either.

After reading through this site and speaking with Ford Marketing, I listened to the suggestions to have the priority code changed from 99(hold) to between 10-19. I asked my dealer to do so and as soon as he changed my pc to 19, boom, my confirmation email arrived with the build info.

So without really knowing or caring how the pc will factor in later down the road, it seems that it does matter for it to be recognized fully by Ford and whether or not you will get the confirmation email.

Hope this helps...

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi everyone. Lot's of great information here! Very appreciative of this forum. What would the reason be for a dealer to want to set a priority code to 99 versus other codes? What's the logic behind taking a customers deposit for an order, stating to the customer that they have placed the order yet setting it to a code that means "hold the order". It just seems shady! What options do we have if your dealer refuses to change it?
I'm working on this with someone. You aren't the only one. In my case, it goes back to the dealer attempting to fill allocation with "preferred" customers in order to sidestep reservation timestamp. I'm not the only one that has been "parked". Ford corporate is definitely aware. Hopefully, I will have suggestions later.
I genuinely hope your situation is different and unintentional. It is a lot easier to fix if it was an oversight.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wrote this in another thread...

I have priority code 99. I still don't get if the dealer input this code (to be shady) or if Ford gave my order a 99 due to my build options. Who assigns codes? Ford or dealer?

Build is BL, 2.7, SAS, MIC, High pkg

Also, I have not received the order confirmation email from Ford.

Is my dealer being shady? He stopped answering my emails.

So it seems that my dealer is being shady???? I have an early 7/14 rez, and I want my Bronco asap. Never told dealer I want to wait for a 22. Dealer has stopped responding to me.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wrote this in another thread...

I have priority code 99. I still don't get if the dealer input this code (to be shady) or if Ford gave my order a 99 due to my build options. Who assigns codes? Ford or dealer?

Build is BL, 2.7, SAS, MIC, High pkg

Also, I have not received the order confirmation email from Ford.

Is my dealer being shady? He stopped answering my emails.

So it seems that my dealer is being shady???? I have an early 7/14 rez, and I want my Bronco asap. Never told dealer I want to wait for a 22. Dealer has stopped responding to me.
Code 99 is a placeholder. You need to go in to dealer and complete order, sign off on it, and have them submit it.

please, make sure you have your pricing negotiated and in writing before finalizing anything. There are so many posts and threads about this.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The reality is the dealer can set the priority code at <19 and as soon as you leave set it to 99... dealers trying to make their preferred customers happy..

Not saying anyone is doing it, I am just saying that having trust in your dealer to do the right thing is important. 99 my be ineptitude, but I wouldn't be satisfied till they built my trust

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here it is... anyone know anything about that priority code 19 ?

Ford Bronco Bronco Order Priority Code meanings IMG_D0B2D4351118-1

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just checked my order and I am a priority 10.

Sponsored

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just so that some of you are aware, Priority Code 99 could be because of some of the options you chose. So far only 1 customer of mine, who has an FE, is Priority Code 99. He wanted the Black painted Hard Top and Black leather. It even states Unscheduled-Material Hold in the Status column. Everyone else including myself is Priority Code 19. I'm leaving it alone and letting Ford handle it. I don't want to screw something up.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just so that some of you are aware, Priority Code 99 could be because of some of the options you chose. So far only 1 customer of mine, who has an FE, is Priority Code 99. He wanted the Black painted Hard Top and Black leather. It even states Unscheduled-Material Hold in the Status column. Everyone else including myself is Priority Code 19. I'm leaving it alone and letting Ford handle it. I don't want to screw something up.
Are you saying that the system automatically put code 99 in? That wasn’t selected by the person inputing the order?

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just tendered my order today. Then my dealer sent me an email asking me to confirm , which I did. Will there be anymore correspondence ?

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you saying that the system automatically put code 99 in? That wasn’t selected by the person inputing the order?
That's exactly what I'm saying. The system determined Code 99 for that specific build. I can probably change it, but I'm not going to. I'm gonna let Ford handle that.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just tendered my order today. Then my dealer sent me an email asking me to confirm , which I did. Will there be anymore correspondence ?
From Your Dealer? maybe, maybe not. Depends on if something comes up or something happens. If you have questions about a particular thing about your build or something about them as a dealership do not hesitate to ask. I've got a customer that calls me every week. I don't mind, I wants customers to have as much peace of mind as possible when it comes to this.
Sponsored