Sponsored

Bronco Order Strategy Yields Shocking Results - Bronco Scientific Method. Update: Both Broncos are scheduled for 2/21!?

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Backstory:

I’m a late Badlands reservation (7/23/21 ) and ended up transfering it after some encountering dealer shenanigans before even placing my order. Then, prior to the switch, the whole dealer allocation bomb dropped apparently shifting priority to bigger dealers with less of a emphasis on reservation and the dates thereof. Honestly, I couldn’t keep up with the reservation saga on here but my main takeaway: big dealers offer the best chance of receiving a bronco within the next century.

Since my res was so late I figured I may as well wait for a MY22. Since I was still a Ford free-agent, I decided to search for a dealer worthy of my $$$ to see where I should transfer my reservation. The first alternative—I really liked the salesman—much less slimy than my initial dealer‘s salesperson so I told him I was looking to switch my reservation to his establishment. He said he’d be happy to take my reservation and he asked his sales manager the best way to transfer it. The manager said that I could simply order it from them without a reservation. So he had us spec out my bronco and said that when the MY22 order banks open in mid-October to call to confirm and he would submit it. I asked if I had to put a deposIt down and he replied no, much to my surprise as every other I spoke with dealer demanded a $500 deposit one claiming it was non-refundable.

I then got a call from another dealer (Dealer#2) offering a 24hr test drive of the bronco that I had signed up for a little over a month prior. After an exhilarating 24hrs I returned the Wildtrak demo and he proceeded to put his sales pitch on and in the midst of his schpiel a little light bulb illuminated over my head. I thought to myself, since the other dealer said they didn’t need any deposit why even transfer my reservation there? Why not hedge my bet by having 2 bronco orders?

The experiment.

I’ll make identical badlands build save for one being eruption green and one area 51 since I couldn’t decide between the two. Whichever one is scheduled first I’ll keep and the second I’ll let the dealer feast on my leftovers by marking them up. I was late n in the game regardless, but I’ll transfer my reservation to dealer #2 who is the bigger than dealer #1 to offer another independent variable. This is beginning to sound like real 3rd grade science… BRONCO SCIENCE 🧪

I called ford and transferred my reservation to this dealer, which refunded my $100 deposit and put down $500 for the order and made a mental note to call the other dealer to place my deposit free order to increase my odds in the bronco lottery.

When the order banks opened I converted that 7/23/21 to order on 11/7/21 from what I was told was the 2nd largest dealer in central FL (the dealer that lent me the bronco for 24hrs). I thought about ordering from a dealer in Tampa who apparently was the top ford dealer in the country recently but I took some forumembers advice that the big dealers probably have a ton more orders so I went big but, not too big in my mind, but in all honesty, who the hell knows at this point? Especially given the fact that this logic defies the results.

Weeks go by and I forgot to call dealer one for my free order! SHIT!

But I wasn’t super worried as a super late 7/23/21 time stamp at a larger, but not “too large” dealer would surely end up being scheduled before a non-reserved, super late bronco order.

Super.

So on 11/4/21 I sent my spec sheet and called to confirm my order and I got the ford email and a Dora sheet.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:
Reservation Date: 7/23/21
Build Eruption Green badlands Sas
Dealer: Largest in city
Order date: 11/7/21

Scenario B:
Reservation Date: N/A (no reservation made)
Build: Area 51 Badlands Sas
Dealer: Not the Largest or the smallest in the city
Order date: 10/18/21

Again, both scenarios have identical trim/options

Fast forward to today 12/16/21 and much to my surprise… Scenario B is the winner and is scheduled for production 2/21/22.

Meanwhile the earlier timestamp reservation converted to order in Scenario A remains in order confirmation roulette.

Ford Bronco Bronco Order Strategy Yields Shocking Results - Bronco Scientific Method. Update: Both Broncos are scheduled for 2/21!? 7C1B4A02-BB87-44BF-B50B-DCE5A5E9C508

Closing Statement:

I hope this helps illustrate the extent of the speculative nature of the of ordering a Bronco. Third grade science has proven that the order algorithm is complex beyond our wildest imaginations.

**** Updated INFO****

After reviewing my order info the dates were slightly off Scenario A with the reservation convert date was 11/7/21 and Scenario two order date was 10/18/21. I was initially going off my shoddy memory.

As the title suggests my initial findings thinking that the non-reservation order beating my late reservation turned out inaccurate. I got a text from my reservation dealer that the order was also scheduled for 2/21/22. Now I’m stuck with 2 vins scheduled for the same week 😳

Currently, neither order online is showing up in production, I didn’t get an email for each but again, have two vin#s and confirmed with ford the dealer info is accurate on both orders. If the system updates I’ll photographic evidence of my sibling broncos.

I suppose at this point the horse race is a tie?
Sponsored

Last edited:

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Backstory:

I’m a late Badlands reservation (7/23/21 ) and ended up transfering it after some encountering dealer shenanigans before even placing my order. Then, prior to the switch, the whole dealer allocation bomb dropped apparently shifting priority to bigger dealers with less of a emphasis on reservation and the dates thereof. Honestly, I couldn’t keep up with the reservation saga on here but my main takeaway: big dealers offer the best chance of receiving a bronco within the next century.

Since my res was so late I figured I may as well wait for a MY22. Since I was still a Ford free-agent, I decided to search for a dealer worthy of my $$$ to see where I should transfer my reservation. The first alternative—I really liked the salesman—much less slimy than my initial dealer‘s salesperson so I told him I was looking to switch my reservation to his establishment. He said he’d be happy to take my reservation and he asked his sales manager the best way to transfer it. The manager said that I could simply order it from them without a reservation. So he had us spec out my bronco and said that when the MY22 order banks open in mid-October to call to confirm and he would submit it. I asked if I had to put a deposIt down and he replied no, much to my surprise as every other I spoke with dealer demanded a $500 deposit one claiming it was non-refundable.

I then got a call from another dealer (Dealer#2) offering a 24hr test drive of the bronco that I had signed up for a little over a month prior. After an exhilarating 24hrs I returned the Wildtrak demo and he proceeded to put his sales pitch on and in the midst of his schpiel a little light bulb illuminated over my head. I thought to myself, since the other dealer said they didn’t need any deposit why even transfer my reservation there? Why not hedge my bet by having 2 bronco orders?

The experiment.

I’ll make identical badlands build save for one being eruption green and one area 51 since I couldn’t decide between the two. Whichever one is scheduled first I’ll keep and the second I’ll let the dealer feast on my leftovers by marking them up. I was late n in the game regardless, but I’ll transfer my reservation to dealer #2 who is the bigger than dealer #1 to offer another independent variable. This is beginning to sound like real 3rd grade science… BRONCO SCIENCE 🧪

I called ford and transferred my reservation to this dealer, which refunded my $100 deposit and put down $500 for the order and made a mental note to call the other dealer to place my deposit free order to increase my odds in the bronco lottery.

When the order banks opened I converted that 7/23/21 to order on 10/18/21 from what I was told was the 2nd largest dealer in central FL (the dealer that lent me the bronco for 24hrs). I thought about ordering from a dealer in Tampa who apparently was the top ford dealer in the country recently but I took some forumembers advice that the big dealers probably have a ton more orders so I went big but, not too big in my mind, but in all honesty, who the hell knows at this point? Especially given the fact that this logic defies the results.

But I wasn’t super worried as a super late 7/23/21 time stamp at a larger, but not “too large” dealer would surely end up being scheduled before a non-reserved, super late bronco order.

Super.

So on 11/4/21 I sent my spec sheet and called to confirm my order and I got the ford email and a Dora sheet.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:

Scenario B:
Reservation Date: None
Order date: 11/4/21

Fast forward to today 12/16/21 and much to my surprise… Scenario B is the winner and is scheduled for production 2/21/22.

Meanwhile the earlier timestamp reservation converted to order in Scenario A remains in order confirmation roulette.

Closing Statement:

I hope this helps illustrate the extent of the speculative nature of the of ordering a Bronco. Third grade science has proven that the order algorithm is complex beyond our wildest imaginations.

what other options or packages on your now scheduled Bronco?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We already know that reservation date only matters when compared to other reservations at the same dealer. There also appears to be some sort of randomness in the programming for some of the few that seem to hit the lottery. It also seems like ordering a soft top is not the panacea that many think it is.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We already know that reservation date only matters when compared to other reservations at the same dealer. There also appears to be some sort of randomness in the programming for some of the few that seem to hit the lottery. It also seems like ordering a soft top is not the panacea that many think it is.
True, but the dealer told me they already had over 80 orders weeks before I placed mine.

And to your soft top point, the tow package may not be as terminal as propagated.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar on my end.
Bronco #1-
Local dealer small to mid size
Reserved 8-4-21
“Ordered” 8-9-21. In “” because my order was never confirmed by ford.
Re-ordered 10-21-21. Order never confirmed by ford email, but have the DORA with priority 19.
Race red BL 2.7 soft top Lux Sasquatch tow.
Dropped tow end of November.

Bronco #2-
Dealer 2 hours away. Mid to large size.
No reservation.
Ordered 11-21-21
Confirmation email from Ford.
DORA priority code 10.
Race red BL 2.7 soft top Sasquatch lux.
Dropped Sasquatch end of November.

Last week I received 2/7 build date for both. No emails. Dealers texted me date and VIN numbers. I was in a very long line at dealer 1 but was told not many were dropping the MIC top.
Dealer 2 told me from the start I had a great chance of getting scheduled soon if I went soft top and no tow. Now to see which one gets actually built and shipped first.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so basically you're letting a dealer allocation that could go to a customer end up in dealer hands for them to crank up the price? You should cancel the order that isn't scheduled to build so it frees up a slot for a customer that's waiting potentially 525+ days.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Backstory:

The experiment.

When the order banks opened I converted that 7/23/21 to order on 10/18/21 from what I was told was the 2nd largest dealer in central FL (the dealer that lent me the bronco for 24hrs). I thought about ordering from a dealer in Tampa who apparently was the top ford dealer in the country recently but I took some forumembers advice that the big dealers probably have a ton more orders so I went big but, not too big in my mind, but in all honesty, who the hell knows at this point? Especially given the fact that this logic defies the results.

Super.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:

Scenario B:

Ford Bronco Bronco Order Strategy Yields Shocking Results - Bronco Scientific Method. Update: Both Broncos are scheduled for 2/21!? 7C1B4A02-BB87-44BF-B50B-DCE5A5E9C508

Closing Statement:

If you want to play more science, test my theory by making a minor tweak to order A next Tuesday or Wednesday. Change the paint color or something. I have this theory that last second orders or changes in builds trips up fords crappy system and makes them rise to the top of the lottery drawing.
There is no reason all these builds keep getting picked and are using the same commodity restraints that early orders have and can’t get pulled for a build.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so basically you're letting a dealer allocation that could go to a customer end up in dealer hands for them to crank up the price? You should cancel the order that isn't scheduled to build so it frees up a slot for a customer that's waiting potentially 525+ days.
Except dealers aren’t canceling the orders and taking the slap on the wrist from big daddy ford for not meeting name match %. The profits from mark ups outweigh not being punished.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just placed an order (12/13)for a badlands high package non-sas, soft top, no tow. I picked a dealership out in far west Texas in a small town as almost every order they currently have is with a mic top.

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Backstory:

The experiment.

Super.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:

Scenario B:

7C1B4A02-BB87-44BF-B50B-DCE5A5E9C508.gif

Closing Statement:

If you want to play more science, test my theory by making a minor tweak to order A next Tuesday or Wednesday. Change the paint color or something. I have this theory that last second orders or changes in builds trips up fords crappy system and makes them rise to the top of the lottery drawing.
There is no reason all these builds keep getting picked and are using the same commodity restraints that early orders have and can’t get pulled for a build.
oh shit! genius! i may change something simple just to see!! i expect to wait awhie anyway, not much to lose!!!

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Backstory:

The experiment.

Super.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:

Scenario B:

Closing Statement:

I did something similar. I really wanted a hard top. But to get my bronco going with a late august 2021 reservation I switched to soft top. Now that my bronco is just being produced and I will get in in a few weeks, I am ordering a second bronco with a MIC top. Once it come in (3-18 months) I will see if I can have my dealer sell my previous one as a trade in and they can still make money. I don’t care to make a profit. I just want a hard top 4-dr. And so I get a bronco now and a hard top when it comes.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Backstory:

The experiment.

Super.

Bronco Science

Scenario A:

Scenario B:

Closing Statement:

So basically, as we have seen in other situations...our reservation really does not mean much at all. Today I saw an identical build to mine from a very late reservation scheduled and my early reservation....still sitting there. I supported a great local and smaller Dealer and will continue to do so. This quite frankly is getting old. @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
You are exactly right. I thought about that after the fact. Once I have Bronco #1 in hand I’ll happily cancel Bronco two.

I’m not an evil scientist.
Sponsored