Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford has drastically different UAW contracts and parts management. From what I understand, as Wrangler has been such a consistently (1986) product with so few changes from decade to decade, they also have parts suppliers that have been making the same crap for decades.

Question is: can you go to a Chrysler dealership and buy something newer with no inventory constraints?
Around here the only choices you have is fully kitted out Chargers, Gladiators and Wranglers.

Gladiators have almost $7K on the hood to beg for that sale. So you could look it as "wow, nobody wants this lot cockroach of a vehicle".

Just-in-time inventory has one main weakness that has never been encountered before now. Supply-chain issues. Ford has aggressively changed their product portfolio and at what turned out to be a bad time.
Rick you do a great job of explaining the technical and logical reasons for the delays.

However, for many people this purchase isn’t logical, it’s emotional; this makes it much harder to see anything logical about the launch. They were told they would have a Bronco by Spring and it’s not here, COVID be damned.

Either way, thanks for your humorous insight and for keeping a reasonable perspective!
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep. We say it and the Razor Blue Oval fanboys derisively pass us off as “new members” and call us “triggered” and “basement dwellers.” For anyone not looking at this through blue tinted glasses, it is an unequivocal debacle (not all Ford’s fault but they do have some culpability). Queue the “well cancel your order” replies …. Yawn.
I'm not a FoMoCo apologist by any stretch, but I am realistic and understand how major corporations run (sadly). It could be considered launching the Bronco in a global pandemic was a mistake, but look at it from Ford's perspective. In early and mid 2020, no one had any idea how the pandemic was going to play out. There was (is) so much political misinformation about the virus, trying to make major business decisions whether to delay the launch or go forward with it, will always been subject of debate. Wait how long? All public corporations have shareholders to contend with, revenue targets to meet, and customers to please. With nothing predicable for 8 to 10 months of 2020 no decision was bad nor good. The Bronco is just one part of rebuilding and right-sizing FoMoCo for the next several decades. There were a lot of hard decisions to make at the executive level.

I put myself in Ford's shoes, what would I have done. Pushing forward was the right move. Hiding from the pandemic would have been a lot worse than moving forward and getting some bumps a long the way. In reality the Bronco is a just several months behind schedule. If FoMoCo had given up to the pandemic, they'd most surely lost the battle in total. These weren't just Ford decisions nor just Bronco product launch decisions, they were simply business decisions any and many businesses had to make these past 18 months or so.

At this point being patient as a customer is all you can do. There is no intention on Ford's part to screw you. They've done the best they could considering the situation. You can call it an unequivocal debacle, but offer up a better suggestion and perhaps the Blue Oval Fanboys will leave you alone. You suggest Ford's communication has been poor, but again, how would have you handled it? It seems after the May email, Ford has decided to remain silent, so that's not worked either.

Let's not be children who didn't get the toy they wanted for their birthday. ;)

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not a FoMoCo apologist by any stretch, but I am realistic and understand how major corporations run (sadly).

They've done the best they could considering the situation.
Interesting take, you think Ford's transparency and communication has been the best it could have been?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It could be considered launching the Bronco in a global pandemic was a mistake, but look at it from Ford's perspective. In early and mid 2020, no one had any idea how the pandemic was going to play out.
There used to be a Ford exec (Carmaker1) who posted frequently early 2020. Reading between the lines, I think Ford knew they had a grand-slam early on & was scared some copycat would steal their thunder

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting take, you think Ford's transparency and communication has been the best it could have been?
No and Yes actually, both to their detriment. Rule one is never blame your suppliers in front of a Customer. The situation between Ford and Webasto had to get pretty shitty for us to learn the tops are a major constraint. What haven't we heard about the Bronco launch? We know every time MAP shuts production down, the roof has a leak, the plant was flooded and stopped production for 1.5 hours. Who knows if all the social media leaks are on purpose or not. We have a member in Ohio who seems to know everything happening at MAP. It is near impossible to control information with the advent of social media and instantaneous photo processing and worldwide distribution. We all know too much IMO.

Would you like a PR job right now at Ford, or any company for that matter? I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would say this was a paper launch and with Ford having high expectations of making things happen quick to actually deliver product / make the launch acceptable. Enter pandemic and uncertainty at every level. Ford could not keep up with all the uncertainty and have the opportunity to overshadow the so called paper launch by executing. So Ford has to take the heat and criticism, rightfully so.

Lack of communication from Ford is not liked by anyone and probably smart from a position of being held to account when there are too many things out of your control that can change daily.

All this said, go ahead and buy a Jeep as this is an option to anyone. You'll get it quicker and it still won't be a Bronco. Jeep can & will deliver an inferior product by my measure so I'll wait for my Bronco, no complaining involved.

I would rather have the so called paper launch than have waited longer to get the B&P and interact with fellow B6G enthusiasts & come up with my best configured Bronco etc...

Cheers!!

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No and Yes actually, both to their detriment. Rule one is never blame your suppliers in front of a Customer. The situation between Ford and Webasto had to get pretty shitty for us to learn the tops are a major constraint. What haven't we heard about the Bronco launch? We know every time MAP shuts production down, the roof has a leak, the plant was flooded and stopped production for 1.5 hours. Who knows if all the social media leaks are on purpose or not. We have a member in Ohio who seems to know everything happening at MAP. It is near impossible to control information with the advent of social media and instantaneous photo processing and worldwide distribution. We all know too much IMO.

Would you like a PR job right now at Ford, or any company for that matter? I wouldn't.
Well my opinion is that it's a huge disappointment that so many thousands of customers don't even know what model year they are going to fit into. I work for a much larger and technology focused company than Ford, and it beggars belief that Ford does not have enough data right now to approximate every pending order's model year (unless they are really just not very data savvy)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
it beggars belief that Ford does not have enough data right now to approximate every pending order's model year (unless they are really just not very data savvy)
Actually, I think it shows exactly how BAD the situation at Webasto actually is. If Ford can't predict deliveries of a major subcomponent, they can't predict anything.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I wanted a Wrangler I'd have one. I just don't want one anymore.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well my opinion is that it's a huge disappointment that so many thousands of customers don't even know what model year they are going to fit into. I work for a much larger and technology focused company than Ford, and it beggars belief that Ford does not have enough data right now to approximate every pending order's model year (unless they are really just not very data savvy)
I'd say it's a data integrity issue, rather than being data quantity issue. I'd Ford is quite good at data management. The logistics of keeping parts supplied for US 3,500 dealerships, hundreds manufacturing facilities around the world, and with just-in-time requirements too boot, I'm sure is as difficult a task as any other data company can deal with. And Ford has been doing such for nearly 100 years.

Keep in mind, this Forum has a small percentage of Bronco customers that have been waiting since July 2020. Not all 125,000 are on this Forum reporting in.

And how is creating automobiles not a tech-focused activity?

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say this was a paper launch and with Ford having high expectations of making things happen quick to actually deliver product / make the launch acceptable. Enter pandemic and uncertainty at every level. Ford could not keep up with all the uncertainty and have the opportunity to overshadow the so called paper launch by executing. So Ford has to take the heat and criticism, rightfully so.

Lack of communication from Ford is not liked by anyone and probably smart from a position of being held to account when there are too many things out of your control that can change daily.

All this said, go ahead and buy a Jeep as this is an option to anyone. You'll get it quicker and it still won't be a Bronco. Jeep can & will deliver an inferior product by my measure so I'll wait for my Bronco, no complaining involved.

I would rather have the so called paper launch than have waited longer to get the B&P and interact with fellow B6G enthusiasts & come up with my best configured Bronco etc...

Cheers!!
Okay, but what information do you not have from Ford that would lessen the situation for you. Do you need to see the integrated master schedule and the thousands of perturbations that have appeared since July 2020? Do you need the detail of the domino effect one or several major subassemblies or components creates on the factory floor? I mean what level of detail do you need, and I doubt most of us would even understand it.

While I'd be fascinated by it, having a now unused industrial engineering degree, such information would do me no good.
Sponsored