North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Very interesting article, it summarizes well a number of the things that have been said on the forum for months, here are a few quotes, but you really have to read the full article.

Ford Bronco availability making you sick? There's a cure, and it's called Wrangler
We finally drove the 2021 Ford Bronco, and it was everything we dreamed it could be, and we understand completely if you're fully on board the hype train. But before you decide to take the plunge yourself, there's an egregious shortcoming that Ford cannot quickly or easily address: Bronco may be "here," but from a customer perspective, it basically doesn't exist.

This entire situation is vaguely similar to the concept of a "paper launch."
That happens when a manufacturer announces the availability of a new product that you can't actually purchase or use because it hasn't made its way into the hands of customers yet.

And while the Bronco is ostensibly available, the reality is that even those holding early reservations may have to wait until the 2023 model year to take delivery unless they settle for a different build.

The term "paper launch" is often used with derision, so I want to be clear: I don't believe that there has been any deliberate duplicity on Ford's part. The Bronco launch debacle has been one of coincidence, not incompetence or even negligence. The timing sucked, plain and simple, and even if Ford can't seem to get its story straight on availability, I don't believe it's for lack of trying.

So, yes, I do believe that the Ford Bronco is the better 4x4. But is it the better buy? Right now, in this environment? Absolutely not. If you must buy at all, buy a Wrangler. Take advantage of their slow depreciation and get on the Bronco bandwagon when the market settles down. Your wallet will thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basically, yes. For the person buying based on some image, Bronco fits. But for the utility type buyer, I haven't even seen a 2-door in person, much less driven any of the variants. So yeah it's kind of nice vapor-ware for now.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is really the sad part for Ford...there will undoubtedly be increased interest as more units hit the road - but lotts'a folks will quickly conclude its like lusting after a movie star....ain't gonna happen.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting article, is summarizes well a number of the things that have been said on the forum for months, here are a few quotes but you really have to read the full article.

Ford Bronco availability making you sick? There's a cure, and it's called Wrangler
Stupid article. They are saying it's not a real launch because not everyone who preordered got their's yet. It's a real launch as customers are receiving their Broncos. And yes, if you haven't ordered this high demand item you will need to wait. Pretty much how reality works.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird article.

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basically, yes. For the person buying based on some image, Bronco fits. But for the utility type buyer, I haven't even seen a 2-door in person, much less driven any of the variants. So yeah it's kind of nice vapor-ware for now.
That's not what vaporware is. Vaporware is soft- or hard-ware that doesn't exist not that's difficult to get ahold of. Even since last year Ford has told customers that you would not get delivery of your Bronco until summer at the earliest. That seems to be what is happening. There ARE end-users who have taken delivery of their Broncos.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Queue up the FoMoCo apologists. You can’t say those things on here. 😂
Queue up the folks stuck in February 2020.

It's as if nothing has happened, yet somehow only FoMoCo is affected by manufacturing issues!

Meanwhile, i'm over here walking into any Chevy/Jeep/Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Any-non-Ford dealership in the nation staring at a lot with 120 days supply and an abundance of UAW employees basking in the glory of overtime, 3rd shifts and a lean management structure!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Queue up the folks stuck in February 2020.

It's as if nothing has happened, yet somehow only FoMoCo is affected by manufacturing issues!

Meanwhile, i'm over here walking into any Chevy/Jeep/Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Any-non-Ford dealership in the nation staring at a lot with 120 days supply and an abundance of UAW employees basking in the glory of overtime, 3rd shifts and a lean management structure!
LOL, I'm glad you left Subaru out.

No joke, the plant is not horribly far from here and in the past two weeks they have started restocking their dealers.
Saw many trucks full on a nearby Interstate rollin out.
The local dealers have a good many now, where two weeks ago they were basically single digits new and a dozen used cars.
Seems like it'd be safe to say the mass production machine for everybody is starting to rumble back to life!
Sponsored