Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Isn't this why Ford wants a new model that looks more like Teslea?
This only applies (currently) to BEV or Ford model e

They'll use this to force dealerships to change when more EVs come to market from them because they'll have to renegotiate their contract with Ford at that time.
Sponsored

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its 2022. Why are we still using an outdated sales system that only results in increased costs, to pay a middleman that offers no additional benefit to the buyer?

with the internet Iā€™d wager most customers (especially enthusiasts like on this board) know more about the vehicle than the sales people do.

its getting to the point that brand loyalty doesnt mean what it used to. Iā€™d be willing to support the company that allows direct sales vs the misery of the dealer experience.

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Incredible enough, I finally picked up my 2022 BD SAS. What a hassle with the dealer (Envision Ford of Oxnard, Ca.) I had a price protection guarantee from Ford Manufacturing, as a Reservationist. It seems like I reserved this 3 years ago. When the salesman comes at you with the sheet of paper with the four squares and wants to play tic-tac-toe or hangman, I kindly told him, that I was not here here to play games and he will loose. On a separate sheet of paper he had typed out numbers with Market Value of 75K. Well I told him to pound sand and bring me the sales manager and I wasn't going to play these games. I was informed the dealership was new, and bought out the old dealer, which was true. He also said, it had not purchased any of the old existing contracts. After informing him of my status in law-enforcement and my signed agreement with my purchased order, he began to back-pedal and said he had to notify the owner. Funny how things went my way at the end. All I wanted was the purchase order to take to my own bank and return with a check. They also tried to sell the extended warranty which was significally cheaper with my own bank. He did mention the GAP insurance, but why get that when the market value is so much greater than the sticker. All in all everyone was nice at the dealership when it went my way and I did not fall for their tactics. Remember to stick to your guns and as a reservationist we have the price protection from Ford, which results in a rebate of about 2800.00.

Good luck

Do you get a rebate check direct from Ford in the amount of the price increase difference?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just wanted to add I had a 01 F350 DRW 7.3 was barely broke in at 165k, I sold it in 2019 to buy a new F150 which I sold last year for the Bronco I dont have. Pretty sure this Bronco is the last Ford I buy.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So far it seems that my dealer is saying the right things on my actual pricing and price protection. When I didn't get scheduled for MY22 and was upset that I was going to pay more, he insisted that I had some price protection and possibly from MY22.5 to current.

This would put me at base price at $29,300 instead of $28,500. But, I added Sasquatch which adds A4WD and comes to $30,095 (if I remember correctly). I thought I lost any PP because of that, but he's sounding like I still have price protection because that option wasn't available with a base manual in the first year and maybe because I added before the 2022 deadline for changes, I have to double check the date, but I just don't know.

Last thing he told me is I'd get a personal offer from Ford, which I've read here too. Is the guy in the video that states Ford is going back to original order date for order holders for MY23 production correct?

Is Ford doing that over the other rules of no changes in... loses your PP?

So, it seems like my sales person is trying to up front with me on PP and actual pricing, we'll see when it happens.

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Upon reflection today, I realize I forgot my $100 deposit from 757 days ago. Between that and the $100 the freight went up, my deal went up $200 over the 2021 original WBDO sticker. Putting my mistake Out there since many people may forget they gave the dealer $100 when they reserved that needs to show up in the deal. Some dealers also asked for more, do not forget whatever money youā€™ve already handed over. I got suckered for $200. Donā€™t make my mistake, especially if you tossed more in the ring at reservation over the last 2 years!!!
I walked away with my bronco not realizing I had also forgotten about the $100 but since I got mine at MSRP, I figured a $100 mark up was much better than a $20k markup and called it a loss. A month later I got a notification on my phone that $100 was deposited back into my account as a refund. Was a pleasant surprise.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its 2022. Why are we still using an outdated sales system that only results in increased costs, to pay a middleman that offers no additional benefit to the buyer?

with the internet Iā€™d wager most customers (especially enthusiasts like on this board) know more about the vehicle than the sales people do.

its getting to the point that brand loyalty doesnt mean what it used to. Iā€™d be willing to support the company that allows direct sales vs the misery of the dealer experience.
Unfortunately, the National Automobile Dealers Association is one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the country. In order to change the business model, the laws will have to change. Ford may get away with it using Ford e because their products werenā€™t available when the franchise laws were written. The NADA and their dealers are not going to give up without a fight. Stay tuned.

OP
OP

g.alton68

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-350. 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I walked away with my bronco not realizing I had also forgotten about the $100 but since I got mine at MSRP, I figured a $100 mark up was much better than a $20k markup and called it a loss. A month later I got a notification on my phone that $100 was deposited back into my account as a refund. Was a pleasant surprise.
Thats great, I also received my refund. After my experience with the Oxnard Dealership, I clearly understand the frustration and the victory at the end.
Sponsored