Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 15 Jeep Jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone,

Quick question on if this is common. My 24 WT has been at a charlotte dealer for over a week. Ordered last august. 1/5 build week. I know they have prep stuff to do. I have been emailing them and calling for a form my lender needs to cut me a check to pick it up. They aren't refusing to give it to me.. Just ignoring me each time. I finally had the finance manager call me, and basically just tried to get me to finance through them. Which I'm guessing is the reason they didn't get me the form. Once I let them know my rate, and they realized they couldn't match it. He said he would get me the form I need. That was monday. They are in no hurry for me to come get this thing. What is my next move. Just be patient, or go in there, etc. I know 6 months is a short wait, for this forum. But it's long enough to be chomping at the bit to get this thing.
Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This doesn't really make sense to me. Normally dealers don't want vehicles just sitting on their lot unless they can earn more from it.

Have you physically gone down there to see it?

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it were me, my next move would be to go to the dealership, park in the showroom until the F&I Mgr prints out the form you need. Then set up an appointment to take delivery, once you return with the check.

In person gets results more quickly than phone/email/text communications...out of site, out of mind.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone,

Quick question on if this is common. My 24 WT has been at a charlotte dealer for over a week. Ordered last august. 1/5 build week. I know they have prep stuff to do. I have been emailing them and calling for a form my lender needs to cut me a check to pick it up. They aren't refusing to give it to me.. Just ignoring me each time. I finally had the finance manager call me, and basically just tried to get me to finance through them. Which I'm guessing is the reason they didn't get me the form. Once I let them know my rate, and they realized they couldn't match it. He said he would get me the form I need. That was monday. They are in no hurry for me to come get this thing. What is my next move. Just be patient, or go in there, etc. I know 6 months is a short wait, for this forum. But it's long enough to be chomping at the bit to get this thing.
Just drive down there.
When they tell you the finance person isn't available, just wait.
After about 30 minutes of standing there I'd speak to the GM.
Calling allows you to be back-burnered and ran around.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This doesn't really make sense to me. Normally dealers don't want vehicles just sitting on their lot unless they can earn more from it.

Have you physically gone down there to see it?
X2! If it’s at the dealership, why haven’t you gone down and taken ownership?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco-eer

Bronco-eer

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 15 Jeep Jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have not gone there. At first I was waiting for them to call and say it’s ready. As the sales manager told me he’d call. I was working on the finance paperwork in the mean time. Then the days just started going by with no information or call. Then they were going to fax me the paperwork and didn’t. I can go in there today and make it happen

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good luck. I hope it's just that they were busy with other things. Unfortunately the way this all works, the dealer technically 'owns' it until you go in to sign and such. I found that out the hard way.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it were me, my next move would be to go to the dealership, park in the showroom until the F&I Mgr prints out the form you need. Then set up an appointment to take delivery, once you return with the check.

In person gets results more quickly than phone/email/text communications...out of site, out of mind.
Definitely go there. Something’s not right. Dealers want their inventory gone asap. Be sure to look it over well…may have been damaged in delivery and it’s in the body shop; may be goofing you around for a better loan rate; may have a other buyer on the hook. For whatever reason, the dealer is stalling. Even if the FM isn’t on property, anyone can get you the forms you need. Go get your Bronco!!

BlinkyLightMgr

Everglades
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I went in and my dealer gave me a purchase agreement that we both signed and he called my insurance to get the binder started. I was in and out pretty quickly(they did give the the add on speech). My insurance said I'd have their doc in an hour, took about 2. From start at dealer to check from bank was like 3 hours.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My salesman said they have incentive to get them off the lot quick as possible. Something smells hinky . Good luck and hopefully congratulations!

ejones91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesman said they have incentive to get them off the lot quick as possible.
My salesman delivered the Bronco to my house with all of the paperwork because they didn’t want it sitting on the lot for the two more days before I would’ve been able to get out to the dealership.

OP
OP
Bronco-eer

Bronco-eer

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 15 Jeep Jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So update. I went yesterday and signed all paperwork. The Bronco was not cleaned yet. Looked like it drove through a blizzard. I did an hour inspection on it and had them spray it off so I could inspect the paint. The whole thing was odd. They were so slammed yesterday, they were telling customers to come back Monday. Detail was 3 hours wait, so they are driving it to my house on Monday morning. They were super nice to me and my family. Ordered pizza for the customers waiting inside. Maybe they have just been that busy.

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congratulations! I'm happy you didn't get taken for a ride by the dealer. Saw too much of that back in 21 and 22. $15-20k markups, selling it out from under people who had waited literally years to receive theirs.

OP
OP
Bronco-eer

Bronco-eer

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tundra, 15 Jeep Jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations! I'm happy you didn't get taken for a ride by the dealer. Saw too much of that back in 21 and 22. $15-20k markups, selling it out from under people who had waited literally years to receive theirs.
Thanks. My paranoia senses were definitely on high alert. That’s why I posted on here. It was a weird sale for sure. I spent over an hour going through everything yesterday. The whole checklist from this site. So far, I can’t find anything wrong with it. Shifts a little odd so far at slow speeds. Hopefully it’s just me getting used to a 10 speed transmission. Or other way around. But it’s been love at first site.
Sponsored