Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A dealer recently said “ I went from selling every new vehicle at sticker or above and not being able to get enough inventory to having a full lot of new cars and I can’t get customers financing”. The bubble has popped and broncos are just part of the equation.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A dealer recently said “ I went from selling every new vehicle at sticker or above and not being able to get enough inventory to having a full lot of new cars and I can’t get customers financing”. The bubble has popped and broncos are just part of the equation.
Nah, there are more alternatives and plentiful supply of these alternatives. 4Runner and Highlander sales declined slightly but more than made up by the MORE EXPENSIVE Grand Highlander (which is more practical for families) that sold 50K in a the short time it has been released. https://s3.amazonaws.com/toyota-cms-media/toyota-pdfs/TMNA-US-Dec-2023-chart-FINAL.pdf

I think folks realize the Bronco is very much a toy or second car for a family. Vehicle sales actually rose YoY except for brands like Stellantis.

I argue if the economy is so affected by interest rates... we are too addicted to debt and binged on zero interest rates for too long (10 years too long IMO).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are dropping big time in my area or they are sitting on lots. I think it's a combination of many things....from high interest rates to more dealer stock. The used inventory is a big part of the equation now too. I think many non traditional 4x4 people loved the looks and the coolness of the Bronco but now a year in realize it's not their cushy SUV and are trading them in or selling them.

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Know the paint could have hurt the price but a 22 badlands SAS with 4k miles for 15k under MSRP. Wow

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2022-ford-bronco-2-door-145/#comments-anchor
I think the “2022” is the biggest factor.. A 2021 is just another used Car ( Bronco) now. I tried to sell my 2021 Big Bend to the dealership. still only 6000 miles on it, they offered $28,000 after we paid them last February 10,000 over MSRP.. Needless to say I just walked out..
So, if you buy a Bronco, either keep it forever or plan on trading it back in before the next years models arrive.. That was confirmed by a salesman last night when I stopped by..

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Stucco is your thing than it seems it may have been a Good deal but after BAT fees and the missing $1400 tube doors it is more like a $10k off a 22. Not bad. Not great. Just ugly.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the interest rates. Rates have gone to 7.5% to 10% at my credit union.

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd say that exterior coating played a part. Leastways I'd never buy a vehicle coated in a bedliner type product.

Ford Bronco Bronco prices going down? Polish_20240107_202405687
I agree it was the "paint job" that thing was hideous. I follow all the Bronco's on BAT, but not that one!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 37PP Raptor as well as my Bronco. The Bronco is my summer fun vehicle. But what blows my mind is that a Braptor carries a higher MSRP than an F-150 Raptor. My truck is WAY MORE vehicle than a bronco in any trim. Just doesn’t make sense. And I love my Bronco.

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a 37PP Raptor as well as my Bronco. The Bronco is my summer fun vehicle. But what blows my mind is that a Braptor carries a higher MSRP than an F-150 Raptor. My truck is WAY MORE vehicle than a bronco in any trim. Just doesn’t make sense. And I love my Bronco.
This.

The Ranger Raptor starts at $57K (pretty much fully loaded).

I tell folks... interest rates are only part of the equation. Ford vastly overpriced some of their vehicle which is why you are seeing new BRaptors sit on lots along with loaded Wildtraks and Badlands. Amazing vehicle but stupidly priced compared to competition. When the new LandCruiser arrives you should see sales tank further and Ford offer new incentives. Bronco is a very niche SUV.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The dealer by me has 17 on the lot offering discounted pricing.
Sponsored