Franqie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door hardtop MT finally got built and delivered to my local dealer last week. In January the dealer confirmed a price lock for the 2022 order but he now says Ford had a price increase in March that can't be included in the 2022 price lock? Dealer says Ford has to approve the amount of the difference but probably won't approve all of it. Anyone had this one come up? I'm looking at my signed paperwork with down payment and thinking who makes these things up?
Sponsored

Beaucoupbrew

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive read many stories on this forum about peoples experiences at dealerships, so could check there. From my understanding it is a bit of wild wild west. Some dealers do shady things. Some dont. But tbh the manufacturer has a floating msrp over the course of many years in production due to supply line changing and changes to options in the build models. For instance if cost of equipment changes over the course of the year and your parts go up in price and your car is still waiting to be built, then the manufacturer adjusts the msrp, which the dealership has no real control over. But i dont work in the trade, so maybe they have work arounds.

From my pov, if you can get the vehicle for msrp you are winning in the deal.

Last edited:

JJB23

Base
First Name
Jaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your dealer is sketchy. You’re entitled to the price that is on the price sheet that you signed and was agreed upon. Do not let the dealer say you’ll or they will get “some of it”. They are lying I work at a dealership and I have always sold bronco’s off the price that was agreed upon and the dealership gets reimbursed the price difference with 2-3 months on their parts statement. Ford makes the dealer whole always if the price increase.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door hardtop MT finally got built and delivered to my local dealer last week. In January the dealer confirmed a price lock for the 2022 order but he now says Ford had a price increase in March that can't be included in the 2022 price lock? Dealer says Ford has to approve the amount of the difference but probably won't approve all of it. Anyone had this one come up? I'm looking at my signed paperwork with down payment and thinking who makes these things up?
Thanks, you've given me something else to stress about, lol.

I called Ford maybe 6 months ago, and confirmed at that time, I had a price protection certificate/thing (forget what it was called). Although the protection was through April 2023, and I was told it was still up to the dealer in some respect. I also read on 6G that the price protection typically gets renewed, but I have not checked back with Ford to confirm.

Honestly, all this and everything else for some car. If I had things to do over, I would have never ordered this vehicle.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Study up on the link for the MY2023 price protection flowchart posted above. However, it is standard procedure for Ford to offer Price Protection and reimburse dealerships for any model year price increases that may occur on a customer ordered vehicle between the time the order is accepted and delivered. As noted in the flowchart and below, Price Protection is different from the Model Year Transition private offers.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pricing Changes after Delivery 1682428386080

Memos about the recent price increases. The noted attachments reflect the same price increases shown on the different flowchart columns referenced above.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pricing Changes after Delivery 1682428428743

Ford Bronco Bronco Pricing Changes after Delivery 1682428447887

Last edited:

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford generally (no special program) guarantees the price of the vehicle at the time you order it. Ford recently stated that if you don't get 2023, you will lose all price protection if you wish to order a 2024 and that it would be a new order.
So you should have locked the price at the time of order. Various programs re-enforce that locked price depending on when you ordered. The March price increase won't be included in the price lock, as that 2022 price lock is a special program. What will keep you from eating the 2022 mid-year price increase is the standard ordered price protection.

Do some more research here so you understand all the programs and which ones apply to you so you can be prepared when you go to the dealer. They will try to misstate reality to try to get more money.

OP
OP

Franqie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for all the responses. Dealer says they have applied for a $2,845 certificate from Ford but that still comes up short on the ordered price. I'm contacting Ford to get their side of things. Definitely will be prepared to meet the dealer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the responses. Dealer says they have applied for a $2,845 certificate from Ford but that still comes up short on the ordered price. I'm contacting Ford to get their side of things. Definitely will be prepared to meet the dealer.
Ford will be of no help because this is a dealer issue. The certificate covers increases from your initial order until model year '23. Then there were several increases in '23 that are covered at the dealer level. Read the thread linked and the documents above.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford will be of no help because this is a dealer issue. The certificate covers increases from your initial order until model year '23. Then there were several increases in '23 that are covered at the dealer level. Read the thread linked and the documents above.
Re-read it and then read it again.

Make sure you are understanding the difference between the types of price protections and how they are applied. Ford can only be of help by giving you the certificate number and amounts for the Model Year Transition private offer. The Retail Price Protection is separate, and as noted, is a dealer issue.

If you don't educate yourself first then then we can't (won't) be of any help.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my 2DR Bronco in Oct. 2021 (Base model). My daughter ordered her 4DR OBX about a week later. My 2022 was delivered in late Nov. 2022, and her 2023 in January. The dealer held to the original 2021 price tags for both.

Now this was before the 2023 increases you talked about, but we did go through a couple of increases in the mean time, and that didn't change our prices.

No problem at all in either case, but we worked through a small-town (Dixon, CA) dealer. You'd think all dealers would have access to the same info.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem at all in either case, but we worked through a small-town (Dixon, CA) dealer. You'd think all dealers would have access to the same info.
All dealers are provided with the same info. It's just that some must think the consumer is dumb and then try to capitalize on their lack of knowledge and pocket the extra moneys Ford refunds.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have yet to say when you order your Bronco, so we can't help you figure out anything. You keep implying the dealer is wrong but have provided no information to indicate that this is actually a problem.

OP
OP

Franqie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered March 6, 2022. The dealer has actually been good to work with and said they would never sell over MSRP. I guess technically its not above the current MSRP but something is broken when the numbers start creeping up, especially the day after the Bronco arrives. Not sure if it is Ford or the dealer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your dealer is sketchy. You’re entitled to the price that is on the price sheet that you signed and was agreed upon.
This. You are entitled to the price on your order sheet (DORA). Then any incentives (private or public)

Ford will re-invoice at the order price. This is how they have done it for decades. At least since the 80's if not longer. Nothing to do with Bronco specifically. Ford re-invoices customer orders for any Ford product if the price changes.

Your dealer pretending otherwise means they are simply trying to abrogate their contract and get more out of you.
Sponsored