First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way that reads is that they will be adding things over time... so it won't show in B&P when you submit the order. I suspect that they will allow changes to your order to add these if you are say, at least 60 days out from expected delivery (wild guess there).
No changes once a vin# is given. Unless you know someone way up the chain.
Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your opinion, how far out from delivery would you expect VINs to be assigned?

Chris

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kris...2 questions please:

Only 50% of dealer’s orders are going to be automatically given allocation (other factors can increase that number). Who determines which dealer orders are given allocation: dealer or Ford? If dealer determines, what process is used? If Ford determines, I assume it is timestamp driven?

Are orders created Dec 1 treated any different than Jan 1 orders?

OP
OP

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In your opinion, how far out from delivery would you expect VINs to be assigned?

Chris
Long ways from actual delivery. Orders are accepted by Ford every Wednesday normally by 10pm. If they accept the order, it's assigned a vin by that Friday. If not, definitely by the next Friday. It's quick, so better get your order right out of the gate.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long ways from actual delivery. Orders are accepted by Ford every Wednesday normally by 10pm. If they accept the order, it's assigned a vin by that Friday. If not, definitely by the next Friday. It's quick, so better get your order right out of the gate.
So if December 1st is order day, I finalize my order with my dealer at that point, they submit it, there isn't any changing after that I assume?

Chris

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if December 1st is order day, I finalize my order with my dealer at that point, they submit it, there isn't any changing after that I assume?

Chris
Not really. I outlined the days of the week in the previous post how orders are picked up. I guess you could have a day or two if the stars aligned. But bank on the answer being no.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone else said vin is assigned 7 days after your order is pulled. So you would have months between ordering and when your order is pulled, especially if you’re an October reservation.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So guessing that the comment in the freep article is unofficial. I don't see how they could add things for the later reservations because they have already put their order in and mostly likely have a VIN assigned.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think this correct. I have ordered 3 Fords. It goes something like this:

1 - Dealer takes your order then submits your order to order bank
2 - order gets pulled from order bank
3 - 7 days after your order gets pulled it will be assigned a VIN
4 - your order will get a build week
5 - when build week gets closer, your order will be assigned a build day ... your vehicle's birthday

I need to dig through my notes and then I will create a thread so everyone can see the process.

BTW ... I left out a few details above. For example when you get your VIN, you can view the window sticker online. At this point it is CRUCIAL you check your window sticker to see if any mistakes were made. If a mistake was made by the dealer and NOT you, Ford will submit an emergency order to the order bank with a priority of 1 which would move this order to the top and thus it gets pulled right away.

Also .. when your order is in the order bank ... how do you know when it gets pulled? There are 2 ways: Ford has a twitter account and you can ask them. They would need to know your name and the dealer you ordered from and then they can check. OR the dealer can tell you as he access to the ordering system where he can see updates to your order

Again .. I need to check my notes and I will post something.

:)

Last edited:

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe there is an additional step in there. I’ve ordered 8 times. I understood the VIN was not assigned when the order was accepted. The VIN is assigned once assembly is scheduled. Perhaps on some vehicles, trims, options cause this to move quicker or slower. One F150, and one Fusion, I made changes approximately 1 month into the order.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I outlined exactly when orders are pulled, day of the week, the time at night, and when vin# is assigned. We order almost 7000 Fords a year. I promise it's right.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kris...2 questions please:

Only 50% of dealer’s orders are going to be automatically given allocation (other factors can increase that number). Who determines which dealer orders are given allocation: dealer or Ford? If dealer determines, what process is used? If Ford determines, I assume it is timestamp driven?

Are orders created Dec 1 treated any different than Jan 1 orders?
wait, is everyone that made a reservation (that places an order) not booing to get their bronco? or is that just allocation per wave of production
Sponsored