Bronco Production to Be Limited in 2022

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know folks are pissed, but wow… some people need to take a chill pill. Brought me back to my days working at KFC where customers would blow a gasket over getting pieces of chicken they felt were too small in their KFC bucket.
Kan't Find the Chicken!
Sponsored

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright this is one of the few exceptions to be legitimately angry. Maybe not “verbally assault your dealer’s sales manager” levels of angry… but I could understand being pissed.

To be fair to Ford, they did explicitly state that a reservation doesn’t guarantee delivery… and they were careful to say that it was a reservation deposit and not an order deposit. But still… everyone thought of it as an order deposit.
I don’t know how it worked at other dealerships, but when I converted my reservation to an order they required a $1000 deposit.
I had a day 1 reservation but waited until June to order, as I wanted to actually see a Bronco in person first.
Due to this I didn’t really expect to get a 2021, BUT once I put money down for the actual order, I would expect to be able to get EXACTLY what I ordered, regardless of the model year they can actually deliver.
I agree that flipping out on the poor sales guy at the dealership is poor form, but Henry Ford’s probably not going to answer the phone!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Swung by the dealership today on the way home to see if they had gotten their second demo unit in (they hadn’t). There was a particularly irate customer who was cussing out the sales manager and making all kinds of threats ranging from class action lawsuits to buying competitor products. It’s like he felt if he yelled loud enough the sales manager could magically make his Bronco arrive faster.

I know folks are pissed, but wow… some people need to take a chill pill. Brought me back to my days working at KFC where customers would blow a gasket over getting pieces of chicken they felt were too small in their KFC bucket.
Probably someone from B6G
I’m just annoyed because I got in great shape to drive around without doors, and now I have to keep this workout regimen going for another 2 years…
Funniest thing I've read on this forum in a while. So true lol
Disney def knew what they were doing drawing that absolute dump truck on that otherwise tiny lady
The first PAWG I ever saw! Lol
Lol fellas, that's simply how dresses were made in the Era that movie represents. Haven't you ever watched a time period movie?

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Out of the estimated 190k people who made reservations, 65k failed to make an order. 65k! And then there are those reservationists who made an order, but failed to actually buy the vehicle.

So I'm not too keen on Ford's reservation scheme or reservationists, they are nothing special. Half probably didn't even know what exactly they were reserving (having not even test driven much less seen in person the vehicle) as they bashed a keyboard a year ago.

One of the first Broncos in my area, sold to a guy off the street, after the reservationist showed up for his order, and decided he didn't want it. I'd be more ticked at the ill advised reservation scheme and reservationist than a dealer.
I had a day 1 reservation, but put off ordering until June, as I wanted to actually see a Bronco before I committed to a $55000 purchase.
I ultimately gave up and ordered without seeing one, once it looked like I’d never get one if I didn’t act then!
I have absolutely no bitch about my order being pushed back to 22 because of the date I ordered.
I have no bitch about them sitting on my $100 for a year plus.
But before they started taking orders that they were requiring deposits for, they should have provided a functional prototype that could be viewed in person, at very least regionally.
I suspect if they had it would have resulted in more reservations being converted earlier.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This guy is the head of the Bronco Brand, speaking to Ford Authority. I would guess that his phrasing was chosen extremely carefully.

I have to admit that "through 2022" is a much slicker way of saying "into 2023".
Exactly.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really didn’t get too excited until they cancelled the color I ordered.
I wonder if I owed Ford the final $1100 on a car I had financed with them, and couldn’t produce it due to whatever miscellaneous hardship I incurred, if they’d take a picture I had my grandkid color for them, or a hammock I picked up at the dollar store, rather than juice me with compounding interest and late fees.... how many years do you think they’d let me get away with that?
Why is it that Ford sitting on my deposit money is somehow different?
I don’t know how it worked at other dealerships, but when I converted my reservation to an order they required a $1000 deposit.
I had a day 1 reservation but waited until June to order, as I wanted to actually see a Bronco in person first.
Due to this I didn’t really expect to get a 2021, BUT once I put money down for the actual order, I would expect to be able to get EXACTLY what I ordered, regardless of the model year they can actually deliver.
I agree that flipping out on the poor sales guy at the dealership is poor form, but Henry Ford’s probably not going to answer the phone!
I had a day 1 reservation, but put off ordering until June, as I wanted to actually see a Bronco before I committed to a $55000 purchase.
I ultimately gave up and ordered without seeing one, once it looked like I’d never get one if I didn’t act then!
I have absolutely no bitch about my order being pushed back to 22 because of the date I ordered.
But before they started taking orders that they were requiring deposits for, they should have provided a functional prototype that could be viewed in person, at very least regionally.
I suspect if they had it would have resulted in more reservations being converted earlier.
Check your credit card statements and/or bank account records, and you’ll find that Ford Motor Company is not holding your deposit. Your dealership has your deposit. Two separate corporations and legal entities.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh, in the spring they had a road show in which you could see the vehicle. If you feel you need to see something before buying it that’s on you, not Ford.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I get a damn hammock this time next year for my 7/14 reservation Ford can keep it and shove it up their ass.
Ditto!! 7/14 reservation too! Anyone want a hammock?

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a to of new info but it’s almost in stone now that the initial number of orders won’t be 100% fulfilled until 2023:(

Ford Bronco Production Will Be Limited Through 2022

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/ford-bronco-production-will-be-limited-through-2022/

Ford’s molded-in color hardtop supplier, Webasto, had major issues producing enough tops to meet demand, and then, quality issues arose, prompting Ford to replace all MIC tops and push all unscheduled Bronco orders to 2022. Thus, many are left wondering how long it will take Ford to fulfill all of its 125,000+ orders, and unsurprisingly, it appears that this will take some time, as Ford Bronco production will be limited through next year.

“We’re anticipating that it will be through 2022 before we’re able to satisfy the demand,” Ford Bronco Brand Chief, Mark Grueber, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Part of that is the ramp-up of the plant that’s still happening, so it will be into next year. 190k was the reservations, and 125k converted to orders, so about two-thirds. That 125k has been pretty steady, so it’s been pretty constant. New orders are coming in, but they’re not coming in nearly at the pace that they were at the start.”

As Ford Authority reported last week, online Bronco reservations have been paused temporarily due to the high number of orders already in the system, as well as supply constraints. That means customers interested in ordering a Bronco must do so the old-fashioned way, for now – by visiting a dealership. On the bright side, those that aren’t married to certain configurations or options may be able to take delivery sooner this way.

For those that have had their order pushed to the 2022 model year due to these constraints, 2022 Ford Bronco order banks are scheduled to open in October, with production starting at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in late December. The Bronco will gain new colors and features for the 2022 model year, including the Capable front bumper, special edition models, a manual transmission option with the Sasquatch package, and a roof rack for four-door Broncos equipped with the Sasquatch package.
Bravo Ford! You just put me freak out mode ( you can add that to your GOATT mode) Seeing this, I cannot wait for B&P and ordering 2022 to open. I am going to downgrade so fast that Ford Would wonder what I was waiting for- Soft top Wildtrak, no tow package, no modular bumper etc.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
LOL, they ran a traveling Bronco reveal starting back earlier this year where you could walk around and sit inside them. If you had a day one reservation, you should have gotten the email when the event was at your dealer, or a dealer near you. The one near me was my dealer back in February, and it also included a Bronco Sport and Mach E. they handed out Bronco swag as well.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like how the article stated “ orders are still coming in, but nothing like the beginning.” Excuse me, but Ford instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020. Told me I was a definite MY 22. So why are orders still coming in and being accepted?
*** Excuse me, but Ford DEALER instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020.***

There, fixed it for you.:p

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a to of new info but it’s almost in stone now that the initial number of orders won’t be 100% fulfilled until 2023:(

Ford Bronco Production Will Be Limited Through 2022

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/ford-bronco-production-will-be-limited-through-2022/

Ford’s molded-in color hardtop supplier, Webasto, had major issues producing enough tops to meet demand, and then, quality issues arose, prompting Ford to replace all MIC tops and push all unscheduled Bronco orders to 2022. Thus, many are left wondering how long it will take Ford to fulfill all of its 125,000+ orders, and unsurprisingly, it appears that this will take some time, as Ford Bronco production will be limited through next year.

“We’re anticipating that it will be through 2022 before we’re able to satisfy the demand,” Ford Bronco Brand Chief, Mark Grueber, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Part of that is the ramp-up of the plant that’s still happening, so it will be into next year. 190k was the reservations, and 125k converted to orders, so about two-thirds. That 125k has been pretty steady, so it’s been pretty constant. New orders are coming in, but they’re not coming in nearly at the pace that they were at the start.”

As Ford Authority reported last week, online Bronco reservations have been paused temporarily due to the high number of orders already in the system, as well as supply constraints. That means customers interested in ordering a Bronco must do so the old-fashioned way, for now – by visiting a dealership. On the bright side, those that aren’t married to certain configurations or options may be able to take delivery sooner this way.

For those that have had their order pushed to the 2022 model year due to these constraints, 2022 Ford Bronco order banks are scheduled to open in October, with production starting at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in late December. The Bronco will gain new colors and features for the 2022 model year, including the Capable front bumper, special edition models, a manual transmission option with the Sasquatch package, and a roof rack for four-door Broncos equipped with the Sasquatch package.

Here's a graphic - Ford has produced about 21,600 units to date. Produced but not necessarily sold ... the Cumulative Unsold is closing on 15,000. Some of these may be dealer demo/mannequins that may be still held on Ford's books as dealer can't sell for 9 months (I do not know), some may be in transit ... that still leaves a scary big number on the dirt hill. On the sunny side, if the prime reason for the backlog is MIC tops and if they get the production tooling running 24/7, hopefully they can make a big dent in the backlog and then get working on the orders for the rest of us.

Ford Bronco Bronco Production to Be Limited in 2022 1630638298940

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NO DEALER STOCK UNTIL ALL ORDERS PLACED BY MARCH 2021 HAVE BEEN FULFILLED.
Ford was very specific that there would be no dealer stock before 2021MY orders were built. They refused to extend that verbiage for 2022 and beyond.
Sponsored