Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The amount of droop in the rear is pretty impressive with those long trailing arms. Really helps make up for the shortcomings in flex from the IFS and keeps the thing planted.
Sponsored

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what I got out of that video? The Bronco Raptor can rock crawl.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You know what I got out of that video? The Bronco Raptor can rock crawl.
Yep, yet (just like a Jeep) you still need an aftermarket plate steel rear bumper to come down on, and despite the 37’s, the belly plates just aft of the front wheels are your friends.

Interesting to watch. Would like to see them do Rubicon as a comparison to the Bandlands / Squatch width and height.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Brings back great memories of my days (long ago) stationed at Ft. Irwin, CA when I drove a HMMWV for a living in the High Mojave Desert. Can't wait for my Raptor!

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So after watching the video a few times, three things:

1. Like the KOH 2021 ride alongs and the Off Roadeos, they didn’t let much air out of the tires.

2. Seems like they were picking the more difficult lines.

3. Is that @Nickp out there?

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Off-Road Durability Testing Video 4419828E-500B-4FCF-96FF-5E862C8EC064

Last edited:

Sponsored

BronxRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Those rigs crawled through that rock garden with confidence. I didn’t see any of the raptors equipped with a winch…

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptor is cool if you don’t plan on modding for something better. Otherwise it’s just a waste of $.

rkgsx

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Allow me to ask a noob question as I'm just getting into off roading. From like 2 minutes in on the video where they are just inching along, is it actually fun to go 200 yards in 20 minutes when you could pretty easily just walk? It just seems to me like an hour of that would become very tedious very quickly.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Allow me to ask a noob question as I'm just getting into off roading. From like 2 minutes in on the video where they are just inching along, is it actually fun to go 200 yards in 20 minutes when you could pretty easily just walk? It just seems to me like an hour of that would become very tedious very quickly.
It’s a blast. Even more fun when those boulders are twice the size, sitting in slick mud and there are also trees and stumps to avoid. The trails I do in New England take all day and you may put 3-4 miles on your rig

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like the range of suspension, still needs belly plates thats not gonna change all Broncos need em. I was going to do some upgrades to the BL I ordered, but with the Raptor I pretty much wont change much except plates. Meets everything I would ever need and keep the factory warranty.

Sponsored

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All questions are good! Well, at least for me personally, moving 200yds in 20/30 minutes is the fun of it all. It's the challenge of conquering the rocks and the trail, enjoying the outdoors and the scenery and especially if you are in a group, just the comradery. It's the slow pace of it all that is the fun in it I guess... I think (hopefully) once you start, you will get into it and start to realize all the benefits...! :cool:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All questions are good! Well, at least for me personally, moving 200yds in 20/30 minutes is the fun of it all. It's the challenge of conquering the rocks and the trail, enjoying the outdoors and the scenery and especially if you are in a group, just the comradery. It's the slow pace of it all that is the fun in it I guess... I think (hopefully) once you start, you will get into it and start to realize all the benefits...! :cool:
Right! It’s the fun challenge of group problem solving while being amazed your machine can actually do that.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where are all the clowns who said the Bronco Raptor’s too wide for off roading?
The trails in the Pacific Northwest are very narrow. This is to wide for a lot of them.

Great to see wheeling but was expecting when the title is durability test it would actually be doing things a less mindful driver would do like loading up on one tire and getting on it or turning into a ledge and see what breaks.
Sponsored