Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why are the Braptor lines mounted on the out side of the frame and drop strait down, compare to most vehicles where they follow the axle out to the calipers. It looks very vulnerable hanging out in the air like that.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor rear Brake lines Vs normal Bronco IMG_5816
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is extremely weird! Thanx for pointing that out. One of the lesser known differences between Braptor and Bronco! Would love to hear the engineering explanation as to why they made that change! I've only been able to scope out a few Braptors, and mostly noticed the changes they made to the frame, but the more I look at them the more differences I see!

PA BRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is odd. I never noticed but mine are the same. They did run the wiring for the electric parking brake along the axle housing not sure why they wouldn't do the same with the brake lines.

I'd also like to know the reasoning.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When in doubt....

Cost.

Perhaps this would be a good aftermarket item? Not only braided stainless lines, but much longer with a reroute.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That’s funny I was just admiring that brake line yesterday, wondering what was going to snag it eventually…..
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor rear Brake lines Vs normal Bronco IMG_8007

Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you get that fixed/modified somehow or just left it?
I ended up leaving it. It was going to be a lot of work to modify, I’d probably introduce some new risk and it’s pretty well protected in most circumstances. most likely spot to snag it is backing into some sturdy brush and looping it over a broken/cut branch.

After running over a large branch, snapping it and having it wedge up between drive shaft and my muffler, smashing the exhaust valve actuator connection on one pipe, I am a lot more cautious about running over stuff that could snag that line. Ford wanted $2800 to fix that, but I was able to cobble it back together with a zip tie. That thing was tucked way up high and Murphy’s Law still got me.

Another thing that looks a bit at risk is the shock controller mounted on the outside of the passenger side frame above the rear control arm bracket. It would take a unique rock to get to it, but…..

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, my brake line did get “snagged” by something without me noticing it until just recently.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor rear Brake lines Vs normal Bronco 1709827847898

As you can see, the fitting connection to the caliper housing has been bent back, obviously by some impact, and has worn a groove on the inner tire surface. Even more concerning though, is that the soft line itself has abraded where it meets the fitting. Could have had a brake failure at any time, so thankfully I found this first. @swamp2 has recently installed a “custom” aftermarket solution by Crown, so I may look into that. But for now, I’m just scratching my head at how this made its way into the design of such a well-engineered car.
Sponsored