First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good and bad of buying the top dog. I understand it because I own a GT500. Though there are a plethora of things to upgrade now, there was a time when it was not as such. Also all upgrades are not upgrades you need.

For the BRaptor, some things are thin. Suspension? Why? Bumpers? Well yes, the front is ok, but the rear needs to go IMO. Side armour? Yes. Bigger tire? Hmm well maybe, the stocks are not true 37's so that is something. As for performance, nothing has been released beyond the Whipple tune, I believe a few intercoolers are out, not sure about Intakes.

Even so, I have seen some nice BRaptor builds. So keep it going. I am near the end of my mod journey on my Badlands. The major mods are in the sig, and that does not cover some of the small ones like grab handles and such. But this is why we buy and why we mod. To make them in our own image, if not that, why even bother to get one?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any view

Any feedback on how the bumper is attached? I have the ADD Bomber on the front of my Wildtrack, and while I love the look, I am not wild about how it is attached. Would work fine as a bumper, but using the soft shackle recovery points is a no go, IMHO. Trying to pull the Bronco out using them would just pull the bumper off the front of the truck. Same for rear, but I got some frame mounted recovery points for the back.

IMG_0450.jpeg
These will have recovery points mounted to the frame on the sides by the skid plate, so it wouldn’t pull the bumper at all. I don’t have them attached yet so I can’t show you or give feedback on those specifically yet, but I will update this post when I get those on! I know they were considering adding some sort of recovery point to the flat part on the front, but like you said I wouldn’t trust it to not just rip off the bumper

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The good and bad of buying the top dog. I understand it because I own a GT500. Though there are a plethora of things to upgrade now, there was a time when it was not as such. Also all upgrades are not upgrades you need.

For the BRaptor, some things are thin. Suspension? Why? Bumpers? Well yes, the front is ok, but the rear needs to go IMO. Side armour? Yes. Bigger tire? Hmm well maybe, the stocks are not true 37's so that is something. As for performance, nothing has been released beyond the Whipple tune, I believe a few intercoolers are out, not sure about Intakes.

Even so, I have seen some nice BRaptor builds. So keep it going. I am near the end of my mod journey on my Badlands. The major mods are in the sig, and that does not cover some of the small ones like grab handles and such. But this is why we buy and why we mod. To make them in our own image, if not that, why even bother to get one?
Agree with all your points! I definitely need some side armor, the stock ones are not going to protect that body at all. But other than that, there aren’t many mods I NEED. Maybe just some I want.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking good and flying the braptors is a lot of fun. I am still deciding on what rear bumper to get, but the OEM one is going. The two better protections I did was 0 offset 17x9 wheels and Goat Fab tilt step sliders for side protection.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking good and flying the braptors is a lot of fun. I am still deciding on what rear bumper to get, but the OEM one is going. The two better protections I did was 0 offset 17x9 wheels and Goat Fab tilt step sliders for side protection.
Man I was so close on pulling the trigger on those Goat Fab sliders. But I think Motorworx Fabrication (the ones who made my bumpers) are working on a matching set of sliders so I held off. I think 0 offset looks perfect though, I love it

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Man I was so close on pulling the trigger on those Goat Fab sliders. But I think Motorworx Fabrication (the ones who made my bumpers) are working on a matching set of sliders so I held off. I think 0 offset looks perfect though, I love it
There are a lot of good ones which anything is better than the OEM ones since most remove the step and you don't really have any lower panel protection. I got the Goat ones as part of the BF deal, absolutely couldn't beat the price deal on them.

FMI Media

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
DSC_0865.jpeg

@TheLawnDart love seeing a brap in full send 🚀🚀 sweet pic! are you planning on getting any skid protection down the road?

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

DSC_0865.jpeg

@TheLawnDart love seeing a brap in full send 🚀🚀 sweet pic! are you planning on getting any skid protection down the road?
I definitely want to! A few friends of mine that I’m sure yall know (Scott with the white Braptor and Matt with the Blue, currently fenderless Braptor) have spoken very highly of their FMI products time and time again
Sponsored