Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello, I’m looking for a solution to mount the ARB twin compressor to the Bronco Raptor, prefer it to be located outside the cab under the hood or chassis. Is there any mounting bracket’s available at this time?
Sponsored

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve been looking but I haven’t seen one that is BRaptor specific and the BRaptor air box and turbo routing appear to rule out the typical brackets for Broncos

Here is a thread on the prototype under the spare mount solution. This works for Bronco and has more flexibility to adapt to various wheels coming. But, no word this will work on the BRaptor which has different mounting position and the stiffening brace.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...mpressor-mount-within-spare-tire-mount.53177/

Good luck and let us know if you find one that is certified BRaptor friendly!

OP
OP
ChadCoates

ChadCoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback John

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I messaged the folks that make one of the brackets for the underhood mounting for the regular Bronco and they indicated that because of the low production numbers, they were most likely not going to pursue any for the Raptor.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I messaged the folks that make one of the brackets for the underhood mounting for the regular Bronco and they indicated that because of the low production numbers, they were most likely not going to pursue any for the Raptor.
Not surprised. I’m going with a portable ARB twin as my short (perhaps longer) term solution. Lots of advantages going this route, offset by taking up space and I might forget to bring it sometime.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not surprised. I’m going with a portable ARB twin as my short (perhaps longer) term solution. Lots of advantages going this route, offset by taking up space and I might forget to bring it sometime.
We have them in stock here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/air-compressors/

As for the Bronco Raptor. There's just no room in there because of the massive air intake. We have the same issue on the F150 Raptors... lack of space under the hood for a compressor.

We're going to see what we can do but for now the portable kits will work. Or you can do a single in the storage compartment in the back. Those are the safest ways. I have concerns mounting a compressor to the body itself as they get VERY hot and could warp/bubble paint or plastic components.

We might develop one similar to how the cheaps mount it down low under the engine, but that puts it more in harms way to the elements.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We have them in stock here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/air-compressors/

As for the Bronco Raptor. There's just no room in there because of the massive air intake. We have the same issue on the F150 Raptors... lack of space under the hood for a compressor.

We're going to see what we can do but for now the portable kits will work. Or you can do a single in the storage compartment in the back. Those are the safest ways. I have concerns mounting a compressor to the body itself as they get VERY hot and could warp/bubble paint or plastic components.

We might develop one similar to how the cheaps mount it down low under the engine, but that puts it more in harms way to the elements.
Thanks! I’ll check the link out.

A single isn’t going to cut it and don’t care for the mounting solution anyway. I think I’ve made peace with the portable twin. Trade-offs in the absence a clear better solution are acceptable.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! I’ll check the link out.

A single isn’t going to cut it and don’t care for the mounting solution anyway. I think I’ve made peace with the portable twin. Trade-offs in the absence a clear better solution are acceptable.
The portable twin is great. As you get an air tank with it and the pump up kit is included. It's also portable so you can take it anywhere (between vehicles)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-twin-high-performance-portable-compressor/

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 1666202459837

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 1666202467230

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 1666202475082

Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? 1666202524148

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Damn, maybe someone with a 3D printer can get creative...

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The guys at HammerBuilt performance are working on a mount for a single ARB. Since I'm mounting a tank anyway I'm very interested in it - also have spoken to them and ordered from them so I want to buy from Tyson and the team there - they are good guys.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what I am doing for now. If the spare tire mount for a twin ARB turns out to be a good solution, I may do that in the future.
Ford Bronco ARB Twin compressor (Bronco Raptor)? IMG_2585

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is what I am doing for now. If the spare tire mount for a twin ARB turns out to be a good solution, I may do that in the future.
IMG_2585.jpg
I was looking into getting this one as well. With it being 3x the price, what makes the Dual ARB so much more desirable? Is it faster, stay cooler, or just more reliable? And is it worth that price difference?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking into getting this one as well. With it being 3x the price, what makes the Dual ARB so much more desirable? Is it faster, stay cooler, or just more reliable? And is it worth that price difference?

Hard to impress your buddies with a Viair.
The Viair does what it's supposed to do and is easily portable. If you just need to inflate tires, it's great.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hard to impress your buddies with a Viair.
The Viair does what it's supposed to do and is easily portable. If you just need to inflate tires, it's great.
Don’t tell anybody but I also have a Coleman cooler instead of a yeti. It’s shameful I know.
Sponsored