gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really tough to predict but really curious what people think will happen with the resale value of these Broncos.

4runners, Tacomas, and Wranglers all hold their value great. Wranglers are not necessarily as reliable as a 4Runner but still hold their value well. I’m nervous in spending $54k on a Wildtrak if it’ll depreciate like another other $50-60k vehicle but if it’s like a Wrangler Rubicon or 4Runner I’d be okay spending that much because it’ll hold its value. Dispute a lot of the issues I’m hearing about the 2.7L blowing engines.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All signs are pointing towards solid resale value for Bronco. But ultimately only time will tell.

Tacomas and 4Runners typically hold their value largely due to their reliability. Wrangler holds their value simply because of the massive aftermarket support for the vehicle, and because... up until now... it was really the only truly off-road worthy SUV on the market. Ford is obviously trying to put the Bronco in the same segment as the Wrangler.

All of this is a big reason why Ford heavily advertised the Bronco's modularity and support for accessories. They also got some of the big names in the aftermarket community involved. So they had the right idea and Ford knows what needs to be done. Unfortunately the supply shortages kind of put a big damper on things. The aftermarket community is dealing with the same supply shortages that Ford themselves is dealing with. BUT... hopefully it'll improve.

OP
OP

gdgraph

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All signs are pointing towards solid resale value for Bronco. But ultimately only time will tell.

Tacomas and 4Runners typically hold their value largely due to their reliability. Wrangler holds their value simply because of the massive aftermarket support for the vehicle, and because... up until now... it was really the only truly off-road worthy SUV on the market. Ford is obviously trying to put the Bronco in the same segment as the Wrangler.

All of this is a big reason why Ford heavily advertised the Bronco's modularity and support for accessories. They also got some of the big names in the aftermarket community involved. So they had the right idea and Ford knows what needs to be done. Unfortunately the supply shortages kind of put a big damper on things. The aftermarket community is dealing with the same supply shortages that Ford themselves is dealing with. BUT... hopefully it'll improve.
I hope it's much like the Wrangler and can hold it's value well. I want to be able to keep one for 4-5 years and not loose 50% of it's value like a normal vehicle.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO the Bronco overall will have a decent resale value beginning with 2022MY but maybe not so much so for the 2021MY considering MIC top issues among other things. I don't think the MIC top issues are going away anytime soon nor do I think the soft top windows will hold up for more than 2-3yrs of regular four season use. Convertibles (hard or soft top) are going to be a hard sell in the future if the tops continue to have issues and don't hold up. I should be receiving my BL in a couple of weeks and my biggest concern is the quality of the MIC top and if it will stand the test of time. The latest MIC 2.0 reviews are not encouraging.
I'm concerned enough about the MIC top that I am now considering leasing the truck. If the top is crap and Ford doesn't go good for a fix/replacement I won't have to worry about resale, I'll just move on at the end of the lease.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything will hold value well for the next couple of years, after that I expect supply to go way up and demand down....and prices drop dramatically.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The latest estimates for general used car sales are that the supply/demand curve should start to bend mid to late 2022. What has happened in the used car market is unprecedented. My 2017 4Runner could sell for about what I paid for it new, with 75k miles on it. I’m hoping my Bronco arrives before prices start to dip.

Long term, I think they will hold value. Even as Ford ramps up production, they will not come close to the 200-300,000 Wranglers built. Demand is high, the used market for Broncos will remain low. Historic Broncos are off the charts expensive and I believe that will psychologically affect these Bronco’s value, as Ford hit a home run with connecting vintage to modern. And they are a legit truck base, and trucks tend to hold value better in general.

We won’t continue to see people buying MSRP and then flipping for a $20k profit, but I believe resale value will hold.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody knows, time will tell, proof is in the pudding, pick your platitude.

If they turn out to have sensor and electrical gremlin problems, there is nothing that says they won't go in the toilet value-wise like a Land Rover or BMW once out of warranty.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a concern of mine unless it's a lemon ;)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my guess is that i'll hold value similar to a Wrangler. I plan to keep it until repair cost are larger than vehicle value unless a new model shows up with upgrades/changes I'd want.
My 18 year old Taco with 120k miles is supposedly still worth around 10k, will it hold value like that? Who knows, way more computers and electronics in new cars, I kind of doubt anyone will still support those gadgets 20 years from now.

But I really don't see the Bronco suddenly doing a rapid drop in value like some other cars in the same price range. If they keep on running well, they'll always be popular, like the Wrangler. I'd really not worry about this at all.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was a licensed used car dealer for 20 years at my auto shop. I've never seen anything like this market.

I predict USED Broncos with actual mileage on them will still sell for MSRP (or close) for at least the next year. You can probably drive your Bronco for a year or more and still sell it for MSRP. This is so much different to back in the day when you lost at LEAST 10% just driving off the lot. Prices will dip when Broncos are available for sale at MSRP or lower from dealer inventory. When cheap lease deals or cheap financing are available, used Bronco prices will drop to normal used car prices.

Future sales and value will depend on reliability. If Broncos start having problems and the media decides to run with it, values will drop like a rock. I lived through the Audi 5000 fiasco.

Depending on their durability, soft top vehicles will not hold their value like hard top vehicles. It was common to see high-end soft top cars sell cheap at the auction because they needed a top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really tough to predict but really curious what people think will happen with the resale value of these Broncos.

4runners, Tacomas, and Wranglers all hold their value great. Wranglers are not necessarily as reliable as a 4Runner but still hold their value well. I’m nervous in spending $54k on a Wildtrak if it’ll depreciate like another other $50-60k vehicle but if it’s like a Wrangler Rubicon or 4Runner I’d be okay spending that much because it’ll hold its value. Dispute a lot of the issues I’m hearing about the 2.7L blowing engines.
Typically, real 4x4 vehicles do well with resale, regardless. One thing about Toyota (other than the perceived reliability) is that they tend to offer less packages, trims, options, compared to Ford/GM. You can pretty much get a decent-optioned Tacoma in like three main ways and the cost is generally within 10k of each other. This lack of diversity in product line contributes to the fact they don't *seem* to depreciate as much. When you have a vehicle like the Bronco that starts in the mid-high 30's and can be optioned up well past $50k, that vehicle (overall) is going to look like the resale isn't as good. Those buying base/Big Bend/Black Diamond Broncos will probably realize resale %'s closer to that of the Toyotas. Another factor at play in today's world is how fast do electric cars take off in the next 5 years??.... that could have a big impact on those of us buying a gas vehicles right now. Honestly, that's what I'm most worried about.

For reference, I paid $31,700 for my brand new double cab, TRD off-road, 6 speed Tacoma in 2017. Five years & 50k miles later, the dealer is offering me $35k for it and the private value is about the same. Market is definitely insane right now.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they turn out to have sensor and electrical gremlin problems, there is nothing that says they won't go in the toilet value-wise like a Land Rover or BMW once out of warranty.
Ford Bronco Bronco Resale Value? 1640897545013

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having had a sickness that made me buy 12 cylinder Jags that needed work (hint; they all do, natural British rubber laws and propriatary thread banjo bolts will be my undoing), I totally relate to this. Been nearly 20 years since I succumbed to buying one, but the itch for a hit never goes away. (true story here; the book calls for two bottles of Lucas Stop Leak to be introduced at every coolant service on the 5.3 12. The shit is crushed walnut shells in suspension, it plugs leaks with floating bits of walnut shell (as well as radiators and t-stats))
Sponsored

Last edited: