Bronco Reservation Cancelled ?!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i want the mod top too but there has been 0 info about it and we dont even know if its still a thing after the current top dillema
TFL has reported a MY2023release as well as a couple other outlets but I don’t see any press releases from Ford.
i am also waiting for My23 and i asked in another forum and was told to do the reservation and order it with the 99. Then i can switch. Not price protected but saves your reservation date then. Thats my understanding atleast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tflcar.com/2021/06/news-bronco-hardtop-delays-2023-model-year/amp/
Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think if you want to utilize the price protection. See if ford can reopen your reservation, then order a 22 with a soft top (with hookups). That will be price protected if your res is early enough. Buy that and later you'll have to buy a mod top if and when available
If you can get the reservation back. Order an MY22 and have the dealer set it at code 99. Ford won't build it. Then when they switch to MY23 you'll have to convert the order and change the top when you do. If they offer any price protection from MY21-->MY23 I think that's your best bet.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The intent of the price protection was to give it to those who ordered a ‘21 and are getting pushed to ‘22 due to allocation/low first year production. Have not heard anything on ‘23 other than I vaguely recall someone from Ford saying for the rare ‘22 orders that get pushed to ‘23, those would be price-protected as well, but I can’t verify that actually came from Ford.

The intent was never to let people who wanted to wait two model years lock in a 2021 MSRP. I’m confident on that. The verbiage “reservation or order” is bad wording by Ford on the FAQ posted above, and you might be able to use that to your advantage in getting it reinstated, if that’s possible. Keep in mind you would probably have to place an order for ‘22 and have the dealer 99 it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ford went through and arbitrarily cancelled all unconverted reservations.

branca

Base
First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s what we originally recieved from Ford Canada, not sure why yours got cancelled, i haven’t put my order through yet either.
-Price Protection Extension through 2023 model year – We’ll continue to offer price protection to current Bronco order and reservation holders as of March 24, 2021, to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you choose to wait for an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.

OP
OP

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what we originally recieved from Ford Canada, not sure why yours got cancelled, i haven’t put my order through yet either.
-Price Protection Extension through 2023 model year – We’ll continue to offer price protection to current Bronco order and reservation holders as of March 24, 2021, to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you choose to wait for an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
where’s that email? Are you sure yours is still active? Check your reso

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember seeing something where Ford announced that unused reservations would go away (don’t remember dates specifically as it didn’t apply to me). You should have placed an order and had it 99d To hold for later model year. With that said, by the time you are read to order your 23 hopefully the timelines will be caught up and be more reasonable.

branca

Base
First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

where’s that email? Are you sure yours is still active? Check your reso
Ford Canada sent it and I called my dealer, my reservation is still with them, just kept my order as mod top till 2023.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price protection only applies if you converted res to order before March 19 2021
That is not correct. Price protection was for orders and reservations before March 19 2021. The price protection notification also stated any Bronco reserved that could not be built during MY 22 would be carried over to MY 23. I know MOD top orders are part of the MY 23 price protection, as the certificate to be provided by Ford at time of purchase will be good for 23.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not aware of price protection continuing to 23

What is your reservation date?
Did you place an order for a21?
yeah, Price protection extended until/including 2023 MY was so that people waiting to order Mod tops would not be penalized. As to an unused reservations expiring if not converted.; Makes complete sense. Ford or the dealer cannot have the $100 on the books forever, so there has to be an end to it. (what if someone came up in five years claiming the reservation they made before 3/20/21 meant they got a new Outer Banks at the same pricing as five years previously and never ordered, so Ford never had a chance to make it for them?)

The reservation was specifically written for the 2021 MY Bronco ordering window, the fact that Ford de facto extended it by keeping the timestamps with the order carrying over to 2022 is irrelevant.

As it seems Ford has discontinued the reservation system for new orders, wiping out the unused reservations that were for the 2021 MY ordering seems to be a no-brainer, nobody is ordering a 2021 Bronco any more. Seems like they just cut off the loose ends of the 2021 ordering along with any new reservations.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received this 6/25/21, pretty clear.

Ford Bronco Bronco Reservation Cancelled ?! 1638950387409
I can understand wiping out the reservations if not converted to order, but give us some notice that we have to convert! Otherwise I was taking that still having my reso was sufficient

OP
OP

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Canada sent it and I called my dealer, my reservation is still with them, just kept my order as mod top till 2023.
can you see if you can find the email? - I didn’t place my reservation. With the dealer though. I’ve just been sitting on it waiting patiently. I don’t see the email in my inbox, might have deleted it but hoping someone from Canada has some email from Ford or something to back up my case.. in the FAQ it says reservation holders.. that is exactly what I was.

I should at least be able to convert my reservation. To order for the 2022 model year. Like come on! Not even 2022 yet!

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

didn’t place the order. I’ve been patiently waiting to place my order - since I’ve been holding the golden ticket early reservation holder (and waiting for the Mod top) 2023.

Dealer has nothing to do with it. I thought I read as long as we place the reservation to Order by January 2023 the price protection would be honoured etc
I'm from Canada as well. I had two reservations. One I converted to order and should be getting next week.

The other I left as a reservation and I received an email from Ford last week that stated, if I didn't convert to an order it would be cancelled. Just looked in my Ford account after reading this thread and it was cancelled today.

Did you check your junk folder? Maybe the email went there.

OP
OP

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm from Canada as well. I had two reservations. One I converted to order and should be getting next week.

The other I left as a reservation and I received an email from Ford last week that stated, if I didn't convert to an order it would be cancelled. Just looked in my Ford account after reading this thread and it was cancelled today.

Did you check your junk folder? Maybe the email went there.
yeah I haven’t received anything from them. No notice. I’m very sour about this. I would have converted if I received that. This is bullshit

is the email from your dealer or Ford Canada? Can you screenshot it?

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I haven’t received anything from them. No notice. I’m very sour about this. I would have converted if I received that. This is bullshit

is the email from your dealer or Ford Canada? Can you screenshot it?
This is what I received;

If you are experiencing any difficulty viewing this email, please click here. Please add [email protected] to your Contacts to ensure that you receive our emails.​
0cc67a2a4540771ce14dbac282eb557c.png
Dear

As you are aware, you have a Bronco Reservation with Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited. This reservation process is now ending.

If you would like to order a Bronco, please contact your preferred Ford Dealer.

If you do not convert your reservation to an order through your preferred Ford Dealer by November 30, 2021, we will cancel your reservation and reimburse your reservation payment.

If you have recently worked with your preferred Ford Dealer to convert this reservation to an order, please disregard this email.​
Your Preferred Dealer​
Coastal Ford Sales Ltd
604-873-2363
530 EVANS AVE​
Reservation Details​
Vehicle: Bronco
Series: Outer Banks
Date Reservation Placed: 2020-07-31
Reservation ID Number: 10356786
Your Ford Dealer: Coastal Ford Sales Ltd​
4786659277ad542558aa749446edce9b.png
6e8308ec19607af8a11cb18e1d06b30c.png
4282fdef96e1537680c63f586c69a25e.png
28bd81d928b7e1bf07d8170943b3e3f9.png
150fd3df5862eccd4bf516c47fb9564f.png
Your privacy is important to us. If you would prefer not to receive future emails from Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited±, you can easily unsubscribe.

To review our Privacy Policy, including your right to access or to correct your personal information, opt-out (deletion from marketing lists), our service provider practices and storage of data in the U.S., please click here. If you have any questions, you may also contact a Customer Service Representative at 1‑800‑565‑FORD (3673) or write us at: Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited and the Lincoln Motor Company, The Canadian Road, P.O. Box 2000, Oakville, Ontario, Canada L6K 0C8.

±Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited carries on business as the Lincoln Motor Company.

If you have comments about this email, please do not reply to this email. Instead, click on “Provide Feedback” above.

©2021 Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited. All rights reserved.
Bronco_RES_EN​
Sponsored