Sponsored

will the bronco be cancelled altogether?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If anything the most likely outcome would be Ford and Gm merging.
I would love that just to see all the fanboys/haters on both sides of the house have to suddenly do the mental gymnastics of the company they consider to do no wrong being one and the same with the company they consider to be able to do nothing right.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No company in their right mind would change Ford's brand upon buying it
If the company changes hands intact, I'm sure you're correct. I have zero inside info, but it's possible Ford would retain the 150 and spin everything else off. I've personally been through 2-3 of these myself...there are always many possible scenarios...most non-intuitive.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like during the last recession there was talk about that as well. It’s really not as crazy as it sounds. Nor is VW-Ford
Ford/Rivian, they already have money invested with them.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah my excitement /anticipation is completely gone. Kind of a good thing though. I don't care about the wait anymore. It'll come when it comes and I don't care anymore.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford/Rivian, they already have money invested with them.
GM/Ford and Ford/VW have also jointly invested. Rivian doesn’t have the cash to take Ford. They’ll be lucky if they can survive this on their own; I’m actually certain Rivian will be bought themselves.

Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah my excitement /anticipation is completely gone. Kind of a good thing though. I don't care about the wait anymore. It'll come when it comes and I don't care anymore.
I feel ya... at least motorcycle season is here. May try to find another project so I can “stimulate” the economy in the meantime

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was hanging on by a thread before the virus hit, so restructuring of some kind seems inevitable.
They've had trouble generating year over year growth, but net sales last year were $155.9B and operating income was $16.2B before depreciation and special items which is perfectly healthy from a "survival" standpoint. Earnings looked awful because they took huge one time write-downs on pension obligations and restructuring costs.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...h-quarter-loss-related-to-pensions-2020-01-22

Current events could certainly push them to the brink, but they've got $39B cash on hand and have already invested significantly in restructuring for their future.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

LOL would mustang buyers line up for a look-alike from a different brand? Prolly not Bronco buyers either. I think the lineage & history is half the allure.
The what-ifs in this scenario are off base. Why would the Ford brand go away?

Daimler, then Fiat bought Chrysler and we didn’t get Mercedes Ram or Fiat Wrangler.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

then Fiat bought Chrysler and we didn’t get Mercedes Ram or Fiat Wrangler.
au contraire, we got the Fiat Renegade. And I believe a number of others are heavily reliant on other Fiat platforms, Compass? Grand Cherokee?, etc. Maybe some of the FCA types know and can chime in.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
au contraire, we got the Fiat Renegade. And I believe a number of others are heavily reliant on other Fiat platforms, Compass? Grand Cherokee?, etc. Maybe some of the FCA types know and can chime in.
No, we got the Jeep Renegade. @Dads_bronze_bronco was pointing out the name won't change regardless of ownership. He wasn't saying a new parent company wouldn't work in their engineering and design philosophy at some point.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Renegade is 99% Fiat, the 1% Jeep part is where they said, "make it rugged"
No one is disputing that. It's still branded Jeep...you're arguing a different point than anyone else is making.

Ford owned Land Rover from 2000-2007, no one ever bought a Ford Range Rover.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No one is disputing that. It's still branded Jeep...you're arguing a different point than anyone else is making.
Peace, I was not clear. The point is when another company buys you out, they rule. It may still have a Ford badge on the front, but everything behind that could be another brand, VW running gear, GM interior, or whatever, heavily reused from another platform.

That is the time you may ask yourself, do I really want to own that.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Peace, I was not clear. The point is when another company buys you out, they rule. It may still have a Ford badge on the front, but everything behind that could be another brand, VW running gear, GM interior, or whatever, heavily reused from another platform.

That is the time you may ask yourself, do I really want to own that.
Totally agree

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Ford and GM ever merged I have atleast 2 couples in my family that could finally reconcile their differences!

Honestly its a wildcard but Tesla swallowed up Rivian maybe Ford could merge with em to A. give the cybertruck future real truck building and selling experience. B. fill in the sedan gap in ford with fast teslas cars, C, let Ford focus on branding of Mustang and Bronco as niche market for the speed junkies and of offroad nuts eventually transitioning into full electric which is where we will be in 20 years anyway. I think Tesla could really benefit from Ford style, quality, and heritage. And Ford could use the fresh funding and hipness. Elon Musks ego may be a hurdle but if Fords helping him with the automobiles he could focus more on clean energy and space travel.
Sponsored

Last edited: