Sponsored

Bronco Shipped - anyone experienced delays?

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
gotcha thatā€™s cool. Iā€™m by Charlotte. Have a BD

is this your second OBX?
Oh awesome! Love seeing broncos around here! And yes it It is my second one. I found one from a dealership last summer because I thought my build would take years. Then I got an email that it was being built. So now I have two and gotta get rid of my current one :) the newer one has a higher interior package.

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Everyone breathe a minute. Plenty of people on this forum including myself received theirs on time. Yes things can go wrong but donā€™t over index. Having a build date is different than having a notice that your Bronco has shipped. Some people need to sell their current vehicle before buying their Bronco if they arenā€™t trading.

Do you have your window sticker? Letā€™s start thereā€¦at the bottom it will say Rail or Convoy

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone breathe a minute. Plenty of people on this forum including myself received theirs on time. Yes things can go wrong but donā€™t over index. Having a build date is different than having a notice that your Bronco has shipped. Some people need to sell their current vehicle before buying their Bronco if they arenā€™t trading.

Do you have your window sticker? Letā€™s start thereā€¦at the bottom it will say Rail or Convoy
Ahhh youā€™re the best!!! Yes it says Rail. So at least I got that part figured out haha.

A5DB5621-5FA0-4B14-B3AC-E7C707845F82.jpeg

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got an email from my dealer (Drink!!!) that it had arrived before the trackers showed it was even built. Others have had the opposite experience. If you can, hold out on selling until you have it in hand...

Sponsored

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, thatā€™s a start. Iā€™m copy/pasting a great post with instructions.

If you are going by rail, itā€™s more complicatedā€¦

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the ā€œvisibility reportā€ or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh awesome! Love seeing broncos around here! And yes it It is my second one. I found one from a dealership last summer because I thought my build would take years. Then I got an email that it was being built. So now I have two and gotta get rid of my current one :) the newer one has a higher interior package.
awesome!
You need to jump in the Carolinaā€™s Bronco club

I think some people are doing the cars and coffee in the morning at the speedway

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Depending on your enneagram, you will either go to those lengths to track a Bronco or take a chance with VRoom šŸ˜Ž.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just have to ask, when did you put your reservation in and when did you turn it into an order?

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mineā€™s been sitting at the rail yard for about 23 days now and will likely sit for at least 30 days. As others have said, donā€™t sell your other car just yet.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick question. My bronco says it shipped and is due to arrive at my dealership on 3/5. I need to sell my current vehicle to Vroom who gave me the highest offer, but I am trying to time things correctly. Has anyone followed their build after it says it shipped, and experienced a delay? Iā€™m worried to sell my vehicle in anticipation of a 3/5 date and then I get delayed like another 6 months šŸ¤£ any feedback for others whose tracking says shipped would be appreciated!

BDC33C3B-89CC-470C-899B-9D7820017238.png
Many of us did receive our Broncos on time, often at the shorter end of the delivery window. Mine was Shipped to Charleston, SC October 10, arrived October 20, and I took delivery October 21. You can also find stories where things go wrong.

The truth is you cant be sure of delivery time. But if you're like most car buyers and dont have all cash, if you need your current vehicle sold and the loan paid off before you take out new loan, then it seems to me you've best to sell now, do the payoff, and you're ready for the new vehicle. The payoff is not immediate, so be careful, you dont want to get stuck between loan companies. IMO, start the deal now. There are rentals.

Good luck!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m up in mooresville actually north of charlotte. Iā€™m just not even sure how my bronco is shipping I guess I assumed it was coming on a truck lol.
Look on your window sticker, convoy means by truck, rail means by train.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is cool, today's daily new thread on the same topic. We are nothing if not consistent on the forums this month.

Answer was the same as the last 5 days in a row: certainly worth using the search function on, after that, yep, same answes as the other threads.

FWIW, If they call you about an extended warranty, then you know your Bronco was destroyed in transit.

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is cool, today's daily new thread on the same topic. We are nothing if not consistent on the forums this month.

Answer was the same as the last 5 days in a row: certainly worth using the search function on, after that, yep, same answes as the other threads.

FWIW, If they call you about an extended warranty, then you know your Bronco was destroyed in transit.
Luckily there are lots of kind people on these forums who helped me instead of sending a rude comment like yours :) I even got the all the info I needed, and yes I did search. Have a great day being an old grump lol.

OP
OP
brittany3400

brittany3400

Outer Banks
First Name
brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just have to ask, when did you put your reservation in and when did you turn it into an order?
My reservation was done back in October and converted into an order at the same time.
Sponsored