Sponsored

Bronco Mark ups….anyone experienced this?

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with COVP coming and the anticipated $1k deposit required to maintain your order to 2023MY, everyone should be getting a signed purchase order. I assume there would be language in there requiring a refund of the deposit, but it would really suck for a dealer to not honor a purchase contract with a deposit.
Sponsored

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding of the current situation may be dated, but FoMoCo WANTS to help, they just can't for reasons others have stated. There were talks of FoMoCo attempting to snuff this out my limiting allocations on high demand vehicles (the prime vehicles with market adjustments):

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40763094/ford-gm-price-gouging-sales-rules/

It may be worth pointing out that it is in their best interest to play the long game and not draw the attention of the allocation overlords if they want to start pushing more inventory in the hopefully not-so-distant future *fingers crossed*.

I actually have it in writing, but I have still been preparing myself to have to either talk them out of it or walk.

Best of luck!

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
This dealer isn’t being shady. Their doing what they are suppose to be doing, it’s called sales.
Shady as fuck, it's called bait and switch. Especially after being on the line for 2 years

Just just because something is legal don't make it right, and just because others are doing it don't make it right either

You don't need a bronco. In 5 years the market, for better or worse, will be unrecognizable.
I wouldn't spend more than 45k on a bronco, not worth it. But if you can get it under 45 and can swing it, i prefer it to jeep

Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got a call from a dealership yesterday. Someone backed out on a hardtop, 4-door Wildtrak, LUX, 2.7. I asked how much, he sent this. I said no way and he asked how high could go. I replied Sticker, not Sucker!
Ford Bronco Bronco Mark ups….anyone experienced this? 9A6CC7DA-E611-4A4F-A9BA-2B785081826E

Reactions: TP1

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So with COVP coming and the anticipated $1k deposit required to maintain your order to 2023MY, everyone should be getting a signed purchase order. I assume there would be language in there requiring a refund of the deposit, but it would really suck for a dealer to not honor a purchase contract with a deposit.
What is this about "COVP" and 1k deposit?

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pay it or walk away. That’s the 2 options you got. If ford actually cared, they would do something about it. But they don’t, because regardless of what you do, it’s sold.

On the plus side prices are crashing pretty good right now. Gonna be a lot of dealers sitting on over priced broncos that no one can get approved for.

Older I get the more this world sucks.

Horrible that happened to you. Thanks hope you get something figured out.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried using a "Magic Eraser" ?

I have found that they take mark ups off of everything.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Customer Order Verification Program. Ford wants dealers with orders to hit some percentage, think it was 80%, of order name to buyer name. If they don't, they are penalized from Ford by lower allocation of prime vehicles (Lightning, Bronco, Mach E, etc). So if dealers make false orders, don't cancel customer canceled orders or try to screw buyers when their vehicles come in (sell to someone else, insane ADM for example), they take hits on this match and Ford will penalize by decreasing car allotments. Threads/videos seem to hint that anyone updating MY22 orders for MY23 Broncos will be placed into the program to help clean up these shenanigans, cleaning up excessive duplicate orders and people seem to believe a deposit. We'll probably find out next week when dealer order books come out for 23.

Pit Bear

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are tons of threads here on this site going back to early 2021 warning people to negotiate the price (MSRP + or - whatever) with their dealers before they placed their orders. It's even in the reservation agreement between you and Ford that says it is up to you to negotiate the price of your vehicle with your chosen dealer.

I was able to get a dealer invoice price negotiated with my dealer before I ordered, and they stood by it two years later, even though the individual dealership had been sold in between then and now.

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get my 2 Door Badsquatch from a dealer who "had the original orderer back out at the last minute". I paid over sticker, but not $13k. It's probably a 50-50 chance that the original orderer was asked to pay more, and declined...

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shady as fuck, it's called bait and switch. Especially after being on the line for 2 years

Just just because something is legal don't make it right, and just because others are doing it don't make it right either

You don't need a bronco. In 5 years the market, for better or worse, will be unrecognizable.
I wouldn't spend more than 45k on a bronco, not worth it. But if you can get it under 45 and can swing it, i prefer it to jeep

Reread his post , they never agreed on a price.

cant bait and switch anything when there is no price.

2nd of all , a grown ass man should know better, especially when your buying a 50 60 70 thousand dollar vehicle.

Last edited:

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you walk away DO NOT sign anything for the dealer getting them off the hook for not selling to the person who reserved and ordered the vehicle. The dealerships are supposed to maintain a certain percentage (??) level to keep from getting in trouble with Ford. Honestly that's about the only leverage you have at this point.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you walk away DO NOT sign anything for the dealer getting them off the hook for not selling to the person who reserved and ordered the vehicle. The dealerships are supposed to maintain a certain percentage (??) level to keep from getting in trouble with Ford. Honestly that's about the only leverage you have at this point.
This ^^^^^^^

OP, Don't answer any emails and don't agree to anything as to why you aren't taking delivery. The Ford name match percentage is the one negotiating tactic you do have in your advantage. The dealer knows if they don't maintain a match percentage they will lose allocation. come back to them at some reasonable (to you) amount over sticker and negotiate from there.

How long has your order been at this dealership? If it dates back to before 03/19/2021, you have somewhere around $2500 to $2950 in price protection. Use this in your negotiation too.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you didn't sign a price protected agreement when you ordered you can easily expect to pay $13,000 to upwards of $25,000 over sticker. Especially since Ford just announced you can't get a 2023 unless you're a currently reservation holder.

I just Kelly Blue booked my Bronco and it's trade in value alone is worth $14,000 over what I paid. Welcome to the new reality.

Unfortunately for non reservation buyers the Bronco is one of the hottest vehicles to come out in the last 10 years. 🔥

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs