RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just watched a cool vid that some took using the Bronco Trail App. Googled it, tried to download and it said not available. Did they release this and then kill it? Or am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just found it in Google Play Store.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its had some connection issues since the release... On my Android device its only works sporadically.

Maybe they pulled it completely from Apple.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a few threads on the Bronco Trail App. You can look below at the suggested Similar Threads. The original thread from last year has 26 pages that offers some troubleshooting advice. For some, the app works fine. Others, it took some troubleshooting only for it to crash when they try to record. And others, the Bronco is a "Vehicle Not Supported" by the Bronco Trail App. 🥴

Sponsored

Retro7924

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX Vert. 2014 Challenger Shaker
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I doesn't come up when I search the Google Play store.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just watched a cool vid that some took using the Bronco Trail App. Googled it, tried to download and it said not available. Did they release this and then kill it? Or am I doing something wrong?
I've used it on trail rides 3 different times already in the past month. It should be still available on the Apple Store but it is pretty flaky. When it works, it's great and even records the GPS position/path of your entire drive but good luck fixing the random disconnects or app not found errors if you stop and restart the Bronco.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have it installed on my iPhone but I can’t find it in the App Store any more. I’m not surprised, the app had serious design goal issues. It will never be more than a gimmick.

in my area all of the photos on the trails were from someone in a blue ranger. Considering the app is for broncos only (a design choice error) it’s a little concerning.

ford should have licensed some other service to handle this, or opened their app up to all offroad vehicles.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ford should have licensed some other service to handle this, or opened their app up to all offroad vehicles.
I agree with this - Pair up with one of the "big" players already out there, and partner with them. You'd have a much more stable platform, with a ton of users already, and a platform people are likely more familiar with.

The Ford Bronco App was just a neat party trick... for a week or two.

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I use it regularly and it works fine but has limited trails; funny that OnX has the Bronco Knoll but the Bronco app does not.

Sponsored

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it for apple…it seems to not work more than it works…which makes me not use it.

CardinalFlyer

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It seems to have disappeared from the Apple store. I have used it a few times. Love the integration - it has usually worked but sometimes takes a while to reconnect after stopping and walking around. It could be a really great app, but has a lot of practical limitations. I hope they have pulled it for a major update to its capabilities. But there seems to be no noise anywhere about what is actually going on with it.

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems to have disappeared from the Apple store. I have used it a few times. Love the integration - it has usually worked but sometimes takes a while to reconnect after stopping and walking around. It could be a really great app, but has a lot of practical limitations. I hope they have pulled it for a major update to its capabilities. But there seems to be no noise anywhere about what is actually going on with it.
It has been working for me on a 22 and now a 23. But I have had the app for quite a while.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I can't find it in the iOS app store anymore, either.

I've used it on multiple occasions (like this past Friday when OnX decided to freeze up on the vehicle's screen - but I think force-quitting nearly everything I had in the background solved that), mostly just to record drive tracks. I did use the turn-by-turn nav on a couple of the curated trails last year, and that worked fine at the time. I'd had mixed success recording video with the telemetry overlay, but mostly it seemed to fail to record the last several times I tried.

Except last Friday. I actually managed to get 19 minutes of video with the telemetry overlay, kind of by accident. I was initially trying to record video, thought that it wasn't recording, so went back to the drive recording screen to just record the GPS track. There wasn't any feedback that video was being captured.

It could have been pretty cool, but I imagine there were too many guardrails to tie it specifically to the Bronco, and definitely too little trip-planning features aside from the curated trails. Not being able to re-use recorded drives as navigation, or to share them with other BTA users was incredibly short-sighted as well. I hope you're right about pulling it for a major overhaul.

CardinalFlyer

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife had a thought that maybe someone was following a trail on the app and got into trouble. That’s very possible - one of the trails we did that is listed as moderate was basically destroyed by hurricane Hillary. We followed it for a while but it was challenging and getting worse and eventually got to a point that it was blocked and we had to back out and turn around. But that’s just part of the adventure. Off road trails aren’t maintained and they change. And one person’s easy might be someone else’s difficult. Perhaps the liability was more than Ford could deal with. That would be a shame.

The trails seem to be out of FunTreks - the descriptions and waypoints on a few I’ve looked at are verbatim from the books. But those are good guides, and good trails.

I thought the app had tremendous potential. Definitely needs some feature improvements and functionality improvements, and is crying out for “community” involvement, but it seemed a great start. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens with it.
Sponsored