First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flashing your vehicle doesn’t automatically void your warranty. There’s laws that protect consumers from this type of stuff (Magnuson Moss Act)

With that said all dealers are different. I can’t comment on how each dealer will handle it but most of them are pretty mod friendly to a certain point.

My recommendation would for anyone in here would be to make nice with your service writer and feel them out. If they’re strict at the beginning for let’s say a lift and some wheels that’s not the dealer you want to be using. Find someone who is also passionate about the vehicle and become friendly with them and always make sure to tip them. You’d be surprised how far that goes.
Sponsored

BD1_MB

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see a lot of Magnussen Moss Act citations, but how much does it cost to defend against the dealer in court? IF a dealer claimed that increases to HP or Torque contributed / caused the failure - and you disagree, who is your expert witness to go head to head with a Ford Mechanic? How much does it cost for you to get a lawyer and mount a proper case? Is it worth it?

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see a lot of Magnussen Moss Act citations, but how much does it cost to defend against the dealer in court? IF a dealer claimed that increases to HP or Torque contributed / caused the failure - and you disagree, who is your expert witness to go head to head with a Ford Mechanic? How much does it cost for you to get a lawyer and mount a proper case? Is it worth it?
Yep. Ford knows if you tamper with your ECU. Whether you change it or use the stock one and put the stock tune back on, they know. If you blow your engine in any way, Ford absolutely will deny any powertrain warranty. Anybody who thinks that act will cover them is woefully misinformed. All that says is Ford can’t say a air filter causes your brakes to fail. It gives you the right to mod your car and they can’t blame an unrelated mod on a broken part. Ford can and absolutely will void your motor warranty if it blows with a tune.
Sponsored